Wiki Posts
Search

Help - New Ofna RTR 1/8th Violator Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default Help - New Ofna RTR 1/8th Violator Buggy

OK so I'm new to nitro RC, and I got a team associated MGT and loved it... broke in perfect with no issues.

Because it was so much fun and people were racing buggies at my local track i picked up a violator ofna. First off, the directions seemed kinda crappy/lacking and I hope I am not running into issues, so I'm looking for a little n00b help.

1 - it seems i always have to give it a little throttle on the transmitter while i use the spin start to the motor going, no matter how the top needle is set. I dont see an aparent idle screw like i have on my MGT, so perhaps i just need to locate the idle setting and adjust it a bit higher.

2 - each time the motor cuts off, i hear a 'ping'. I think its coming from the engine, but i can't really tell for sure. This sound worries me.

any help / advise would be great. thanks in advance.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

the ping is probably from you "spin" start thing. i say this because on a pull start it would do the same thing i heard. they'd hear a ping and found out it was from the spring in the pull start.

most ofna instructions are blah. don't tell ya much. if you have the violaters rtr motor, check out ofna.com and see if they have a picture discribtion of your motor to determine what screw is which.

hope ya get the thing figured out. (cheap, good for it's price rtr)
Old 04-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

just to be clear, the ping is when the motor stops, either when i stop it, or it stalls. Not when I'm using the spin starter. Or do you mean the mechanism that does the spin start happens to ping when the engine stops?