R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-14-2007, 10:15 PM   #31
DKB
Tech Adept

Default LOCAL BMX TRACK

tmail55: Will check the post out thanks. Looked at your photo bucket and Ive got to say nice car man looks hot!!!! `->
Crapps: Yep I know their small but they are their, try clicking on the pic and zoom in you will see them they are still fun though. Hows these for air time mate.

Last edited by DKB; 04-15-2007 at 02:10 AM.
DKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:51 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Another disapointing stadium finish. I broke a shock end during the main to end my day. I think it is something like 3 or 4 weeks in a row that I have broke in the main. Bad luck....Bad Driving???
ILDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:40 PM   #33
Tech Regular

I always forget to report the good news. In my sedan I TQ and finished first in the main.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:06 AM   #34
Tech Rookie

Hey DKB I was the guy who ran ur truck over with my mutilator and proceeded to break a CNC steering knuckle on the club day 2 weeks before the RAINED OUT raceday. There is jumps on the tracks for those who asked. Its just the track is quite small and the jumps are maybe 1 - 2 ft high. Nothing major at this stage. DKB if your lookin for jumps take yourself to the wallaston BMX jumps. Me nitro went quite good there. Didnt break anything that day......
Road.Runna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:12 AM   #35
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to MADMAN23

i see in your older post that your having problem's with the photon speed motor .. get rid of that JUNK motor... im saying that because that motor wear's out quick.. eat's brushe's SO quick .. and it alway's has a problem... get a trinity motor like the p2k-2 pro but that's my 2 cent's
MADMAN23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:58 AM   #36
DKB
Tech Adept

ILDRVR: Bummer about the stadium finish mate but tops on the sedan.
Hey at lest you get to race as you know Iam still yet to race my Evader st, talk about bad luck.

Road.Runna: Yep I remember. The wally jumps sound the go I will have to do that and get pics for sure.

MADMAN23: Yep have issues with it getting hot and Ive done it again today. If I use that motor your talking about will that hop me up and push me out of a rookie class?(Iam still unsure how the class' in West Aus are defined)

UPDATE
I went to Ryper Raceway today as I had a meeting in the city (picked up a set of f & B Losi rims while I was their). Track needs work but Dave said it will be redone for Sat nights race. Iam so race staved at the moment that on Sat night Iam going to drive 2 1/4 hrs to Ryper raceway for the Sat night race. I have to solder the wires to the Photon Speed motor again before I go.

Last edited by DKB; 04-18-2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:50 AM   #37
Tech Champion

you will be in the stock mod class ... and what we do here is you have to run your r/c for 1 year to be out of the rookie class .... and the trinity p2k 2 pro is faster then that stock photon motor...
Old 04-18-2007, 07:13 PM   #38
Tech Regular

It sounds like we will not be racing indoors this weekend. Due to the expected nice weather, we are going to use this weekend to get the outdoor track ready.

Good luck in your racing!!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:19 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILDRVR
Another disapointing stadium finish. I broke a shock end during the main to end my day. I think it is something like 3 or 4 weeks in a row that I have broke in the main. Bad luck....Bad Driving???
Could be that those flimsy 10th scale potato chip cars just break all of the time and that's part of the reason the class is dying. Just a thought....
Merlin Glow Plugs www.merlinglowplugs.com
Vantage Racing www.vantageracing.com
Mods by Rocket Ray! email: [email protected]
satoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Although the stadiums are not as durable as my sedan or my 1/8th scale truggy, I am sure that my driving doesn't help things out. When running indoors, it is a tight high-speed technical track with brick walls, wood jumps, and pvc pipe. If I could just stay away from those obsticals I think the truck would stay together
Old 04-19-2007, 05:47 AM   #41
DKB
Tech Adept

MADMAN23: Thanks for the info.

ILDRVR: Well handled mate!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:45 AM   #42
Tech Champion

np bud...
Old 04-21-2007, 10:21 PM   #43
DKB
Tech Adept

Thumbs up I finally had my first race

Travelled up to Ryper for the sat night club races.
Good bunch of crew and very helpful (lucky 4 me!!!).
Raced in novice heats, 4 guys in novice.
First race I got 1st . I lost power on the last lap I thought it might have been a flat/faulty pack. I put a new pack in for the next race.(8 laps)
Second race I got 2nd. I lost power about half way through the race and this time it seemed to be intermitant.(think I did 7 laps)
Inbetween Second and third race I asked about the power issues after some questions and some investgation from some helpful guys (thanks) we discovered I had burned out the Evaders motor (Photo Speed 20 wined) as Iam inexperianced some of the guys helped me get a new stock 27 wined motor back in to the Evader in time for the next race.
Third race I got 3rd. I was coming 2nd for the first 6 laps but I was unable to handle the speed of the new motor (rookie) and finaly hit the wall at full speed this ended the servo and put me in 3rd by the time the race was done.
Inbetween the third and fourth races I pulled the servo out and put a new one back in with 5 mins to spare while walking on to the track I relized that the front wheels were locked to the left, I ajusted the trim with no success that was when I realized I had not put the horn on straight.
Forth race DNF
While the race was going on I fixed my mistake ready for the last race.
Fifth race I got 3rd. Again found the speed of the new motor hard to control how ever by the end of the race I was getting the hang of it.
The guys in the Mod ST class allowed me to run with them for their final race(thanks) and I got to have more practice with the new motor. Including the pratice this morning at the local BMX track Iam confident that I will be competitive at the next local club meet.

Thanks Ryper crew
Lesson:
1: Dont bash the Evader for 45mins straight at the BMX track or it will cost you a new motor
2: I need to get more tools
3: This hobbie is bloody expensive
4: Dispite all the issues it's big time fun!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:40 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rdub202

nice report bud, 5 races? wow

how many quals? is that 4 quals and a main or what?

ive got a big practice day tomorrow, like the second time ive driven the truck, we'll see.

i might bring my buggy as well, which im used to incase im not diggin the truck.
_|MRC/Team Academy_|_www.modelrec.com|_
rdub202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:35 PM   #45
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (79%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB
Before the rain

I was able to get a few laps in before the rain and Iam happy with the tyres as they have made a huge difference with the control of the car. My driving has improved I think the practice on the tight home track helped.
Then came the rain 15mins before the first qualy.

I don't wish to talk about it. Iam still to emotional
Starting to dry out now so going to the local BMX track to bash. Will edit with pics later.
thats why i love US track big jump and fast.....
wd40prerunner is offline   Reply With Quote