Does anyone have a Thunder Tiger EB4?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone have a Thunder Tiger EB4?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 04:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Does anyone have a Thunder Tiger EB4?

I've recently bought a Thunder Tiger EB4 (not an S2 or pro) and although its fast and great fun the steering is very stiff.

Sorry if the following doesn't make much sense but those that have EB4s should understand what I'm getting at.

The stiffness is due to the way the hub carriers are mounted to the lower bone and upper link. There mounted by way of a ball joint top and bottom but as the ball holders are at an angle to the balls the carriers become stiff depending on the direction of turn.

I've adjusted the holders as much as possible to reduce the stiffness but it isn't gone completely and with the sterring servo I have although its ball raced and metel geared it is still struggling.

Any help appreciated.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:11 PM
saw
Tech Adept

ya i have one of them you might try using normall caphead screws to hold the pivot balls to the steering up instead of the flathead screws with the cone washers. if that doesn't work let me know i did some other things to it but i can't remember what they are right now but i could dig it out and look at it and see if i can figuire it out. if i remeber right it also loosened up over time
have fun.. how much torque does your servo have?