R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-29-2007, 03:36 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default rb c6 lsn tuning help needed

hi i am having problems with my rb c6. i bought it from a freind who was running it on 30% byrons. i have reset the engine to factory setting, correct head shims fitted , checked for air leaaks etc all ok.
i want to run it on 25% i bought a gallon of 25% byrons (to keep the fuel type the same).
but i am having problems tuning the lsn. i can get it setting off fairly well but when i bring it back it idles quite high for about 5 seconds then drops and eventually stalls. the engine has done less than a gallon on 30% the commpression is great. i am using a 2047 pipe. no air leaks. good fuel tank pressure.
any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

chris
chris52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:51 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris52
hi i am having problems with my rb c6. i bought it from a freind who was running it on 30% byrons. i have reset the engine to factory setting, correct head shims fitted , checked for air leaaks etc all ok.
i want to run it on 25% i bought a gallon of 25% byrons (to keep the fuel type the same).
but i am having problems tuning the lsn. i can get it setting off fairly well but when i bring it back it idles quite high for about 5 seconds then drops and eventually stalls. the engine has done less than a gallon on 30% the commpression is great. i am using a 2047 pipe. no air leaks. good fuel tank pressure.
any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

chris
What plug are you using? If you have a good plug, check the gap on your carb. What's the temp after you run it for a bit?
8ightScale/CJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:15 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Next time you run it, and the temp is where it's hot enough, run a few laps on the track or up and down the street (Body Off). Bring it in and right away pinch the fuel line close to the carb inlet. The motor should cut off at about 5 seconds while you keep the line pinched. If it takes longer than 5 sec, your LSN is too rich. If the motor shuts down quicker than 5 sec, the LSN is set too lean. This is the best way to set your LSN, but you have to do it with the motor at normal temp, and pinch the line as soon as your ride stops. Only turn the needle a little at a time (1/8 turn) if you need to adjust it.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:41 AM   #4
Tech Initiate

hi and thanks for the help. i'm using an cp-02 standard no6 plug which is about medium heat. its new aswell.

thanks chris
Old 03-29-2007, 05:15 AM   #5
Tech Addict

You don't want to adjust your idle until you have other needles set proprely.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:15 AM   #6
Tech Addict

Old 03-29-2007, 05:18 AM   #7
Tech Initiate

hi the hsn is set fine runs about 220f and has massae of power. i think that the lsn is to rich. so i'm gonna try to lean it out a bit more.
thanks for all your help chris
Old 03-29-2007, 07:34 AM   #8
Tech Addict

LSN is too rich. Run some hot laps and get it up to temp. Bring it in and if the engine rpm is high and then drops down real low you are too rich. Lean one hour and do it again. Keep doing this until when it comes the idle stays high then adjust your idle screw to desired rmp. Also check the air gap on the carb slide, it should only be about 1.5mm or so. If it is 2.5-3+ set this first to 1.5mm and do the tuning above.
SpeedBump57 is offline   Reply With Quote