R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Stronger - Jato or Nitro Rustler? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/156480-stronger-jato-nitro-rustler.html)

Chase 03-28-2007 05:41 PM

Stronger - Jato or Nitro Rustler?

For a hard basher, big jumper, is the Rustler a stronger truck than the Jato? I wouldn't be racing - just running hard, jumping, etc.

Is the Rustler stronger than the RC10GT Factory Team? I don't care about handling, because I wouldn't be racing any of these. Just looking for the most bulletproof fun stadium truck I can find.

Thanks!

evilflippy1 03-28-2007 05:44 PM

O most definintly the new jato. First of all It smokes the rustler in speed and It handles great.

Chase 03-28-2007 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by evilflippy1
O most definintly the new jato. First of all It smokes the rustler in speed and It handles great.

Neither of which is what I asked about. I'm not asking which is faster, nor which handles better. Just which is the toughest and most durable.

vr6vdub 03-28-2007 06:35 PM

Jato seems more durable in my opinion...I own both. The Jato is a HECK of a lot faster though which makes crashes more expensive. It depends on what you want. The Jato is definitely going to be more fun no doubt about it.

LOWGEARED 03-28-2007 06:39 PM

I would go with the Rustler 2.5 it is the toughest basher for STs out there and it handles ok by the way. Its thick plastic parts are also replaceable with RPMs magical plastic!! LOL

cheech4 03-28-2007 10:18 PM

rustler is definetly more durable than the jato. i have a friend who has a jato and i bash with him with my brushless evader and his breaks more than mine, i also hate the way the suspension turnbuckles are connected right on the tranny case, he had a little crash on the side broke a ball cup and then looking closer he cracked a nice piece off the tranny case, needed to by that to. rustler in my opinion is more durable.

Wayne1one 03-29-2007 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by evilflippy1

"O most definintly the new jato" (meaning that "O most definintly the new jato"
is stronger, hard basher, big jumper.)

Is this not english. your question was answered and the fine gentleman added some of his own opinion. That happens some time in a free county. :lol:

Wayne1one 03-29-2007 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Chase
Neither of which is what I asked about. I'm not asking which is faster, nor which handles better. Just which is the toughest and most durable.

:confused:

Maybe you need to buy them both and find out for yourself mister impatient. :mad:

Drive them both full throttle in to a curb! :D

Tell us your result when you get done. :lol:

Alltapdout 03-29-2007 01:26 PM

Basher = Nitro Rustler!!!

annie_himself 03-29-2007 04:41 PM

The Rusty hands down, the Jato can't hang in strength. The Rusty is one of the strongest ST's if not the strongest.

Chase 03-29-2007 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by annie_himself
The Rusty hands down, the Jato can't hang in strength. The Rusty is one of the strongest ST's if not the strongest.

That' what I was inclined to think. Thanks for all the feedback. The Jato looks a little more "spindly" than the Rustler.

LOWGEARED 03-29-2007 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Wayne1one
:confused:

Maybe you need to buy them both and find out for yourself mister impatient. :mad:

Drive them both full throttle in to a curb! :D

Tell us your result when you get done. :lol:

You've been leaving nasty little little remarks all over these forums!!
Whats your deal you get grounded!! :lol: :lol:

Theres a place for this!!! And it isnt on these forums!
So stop being chitty! :flaming:

Wayne1one 03-31-2007 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by LOWGEARED
You've been leaving nasty little little remarks all over these forums!!
Whats your deal you get grounded!! :lol: :lol:

Theres a place for this!!! And it isnt on these forums!
So stop being chitty! :flaming:

PM me then, if you want to fix my problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rowdyray 03-31-2007 07:13 AM

I've often recommended the Rustler to people who are just getting into RCs. They are tough as nails and parts are both available and cheap. Even at Hobby Clown.

The diffs are amazingly strong too. My brother has an O.S. .18 with a CVEC pipe on his. Nuts! Wheelies at any speed. Third motor and Original diff in it. His sons have both the electric and nitro versions. I picked them up cheap and gave them as Xmas gifts. They're 13 and 14. They've hit everything under the sun, and haven't replaced a part yet. Neither of them is stock anymore.

My oldest son, has had his for almost ten years. It had the original 1.5. He swapped it for the 2.5. He's currently running an O.S. .15 with the stinger pipe. I witnessed him hitting a tire of a parked car while racing an RS4 (Picco .15, 2 speed) on our street. He would have won, but he clipped the car with the right front tire. The spins, cartwheels and flips were awesome. Drove away with out a scratch. To this day he has only replaced an after market rim, and a front A-arm. That was my fault. I clipped him mid-air off of a 5' BMX jump in the woods out back. The tree he slammed into wasn't very forgiving. Oops.

He broke it down over the winter, cleaned everything and got it ready for spring. He rebuilt the diff. Not because it needed it, but because he figured it was due. I just shook my head. The old parts don't look much different than the new parts. He saved it all for spares, just in case. You never know. Cost....about 12.00.

I've owned around 30 different RCs starting with the original RC10 in the mid 80's, (I know, I'm old) and I've never seen anything so tough. I'm not a fan of Traxxas. In fact I've only owned one. The electric 4-Tec. I only bought it because the guy was desperate for money and it looked like a fun project. Wicked fast when I was done with it.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22...asFour-Tec.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22...sFour-Tec2.jpg

My point is, if you're looking to get started or just want something to beat the snot out of, then the Rustler is the way to go. Yes, you can buy hop-ups to make any RC indestructable, but why?

joe of loath 04-01-2007 06:39 AM

how much could you get a nitro rustler for?