R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Which is the Most Durable/Reliable Electric vehicle. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/155969-most-durable-reliable-electric-vehicle.html)

SMOOOZZZ 03-25-2007 12:44 PM

Which is the Most Durable/Reliable Electric vehicle.

In the market wanting some expert advise..

Drift_Buggy 03-25-2007 01:30 PM

Need more info, truck or buggy? race kit or basher kit?
If buggy - Team Associated RC10B4 RTR or RC10T4 RTR for truck
http://www.teamassociated.com

Cheers

SMOOOZZZ 03-25-2007 03:56 PM

thanx 4 the info i am looking for a truck or buggy that needs asn little maintainence as possible

streetracer745 03-25-2007 04:01 PM

lots of people will tell you different trucks and buggies. im going to say either the AE Stealth or 10T or the Losi MF2. those are by far the most competitive trucks out. and if you are looking into JUST bashing, go wit hthe Traxxas Rustler. it isnt as competitive as the others, but it is one of the best bashing trucks ever. i love them

WheelNut 03-25-2007 09:54 PM

For flat out durability the Traxxas Rusltler is nearly indestructable. With a few choice upgrades its bulletproof. Terrible race car though, if you want to race its either a Losi or an Associated, not as strong as a rustler, but they are fast and that is what matters.

streetracer745 03-26-2007 12:42 PM

i disagree. the rustler can be made race worthy. the only real downfall for racing is a-arms, turnbuckles, and weight. you can very easily put a ball diff into the truck, there si a kit for it. and turnbuckles are cheap. although the AE and losi are completely ready to race, the rustler can be made very competitive

crazyjr 03-26-2007 02:05 PM

I like the associated t series best, they are extremely durableand can handle brushless power without mods. I have never owned a Losi but got friends who have them and they got to rebuild diffs every 5 races where i have never rebuilt mine, They are running ss5800's and i'm running a mamba max 5700

Vato Loco 03-26-2007 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by streetracer745
i disagree. the rustler can be made race worthy. the only real downfall for racing is a-arms, turnbuckles, and weight. you can very easily put a ball diff into the truck, there si a kit for it. and turnbuckles are cheap. although the AE and losi are completely ready to race, the rustler can be made very competitive

I agree :nod: , you can do a lot more with the Rusty or Pede than any other car or truck out there! They can be made to race and race well but they were designed to rule the back yard and bash where others dare to tread. The three upgrades I would do is RPM bearing carriers with new 5x11 bearings, New Metal gear servo, and Alum Idler. This will set you up for great long lasting fun! I love my Rusty Pede.......you will lover your Rusty!

xxx-ntad2 racer 03-26-2007 03:56 PM

traxxas rustler or pede' for bashing

losi mf2 (1/10 elec. truck), associated rc10t4 (1/10 elec. truck), losi xxx-cr (1/10 elec. buggy), or associated rc10b4 (1/10 elec. buggy) for raceing.

streetracer745 03-27-2007 05:40 PM

once again disagree. ive raced my nitro pede in an open 2wd nitro class before. we had AE GT2s, Losi ADs, XXX-NT sports. we had a ton of different racing trucks out there. my nitro pede with a 2.5 finished high. all i have are turnbuckles and an engine. i finished top 3. and rustlers can have the same stuff done to them, meaning they can be competitive.

D Hunt 3 03-27-2007 06:09 PM

Gotta go with the XXX-T brushless RTR. Definately easy maintence with the BL, and you can just upgrade the arms to graphite if they break. This car can be easily upgraded to the team drivers car basically by adding mf2 front and rear arms, mf2 front hubs, and then cr rear hubs and the cr steering rack. The cr diff setup can also be used, but not completely neccesary.

my .02cents.

xxx-ntad2 racer 03-27-2007 08:36 PM

once again disagree. ive raced my nitro pede in an open 2wd nitro class before. we had AE GT2s, Losi ADs, XXX-NT sports. we had a ton of different racing trucks out there. my nitro pede with a 2.5 finished high. all i have are turnbuckles and an engine. i finished top 3. and rustlers can have the same stuff done to them, meaning they can be competitive.

any car is raceable, but the losis' and ae's are basicly race ready out of the box. not saying traxxas isn't but i personaly would not race a traxxas out of a box without some simple hop ups.

my 2cents.

WheelNut 03-28-2007 10:01 AM

Wow top 3 at some tiny club race, that is an amazing race car...Sorry bro, I don't mean to offend you, but unless your top 3 at a national or at least regional event it doesn't mean that car is competitive.

Cain 03-28-2007 10:19 AM

For durabilities sake, I wouldn't go with a T4 unless you also pick up some RPM parts to beef up / protect the front arms. I like the T4 for racing, but for bashing or just letting it all hang out, its arms are not the most durable things in the world, even the plastic ones.

I would say of the vehicles I have seen from currently in production, a rustler will probably be the most durable for a truck. For a race level vehicle, either the RTR T4 or XXX-T woudl be a toss up durability wise.

As for racing, I would probably go with a T4 just because even the RTR version is close to what you get on the factory team unlike the XXX-T from what I understand that actually has significant differences between the RTR and the MF2 version, and I am not talking only about the material used.

But you have to give it to losi, there electronics are MUCH better.

xxx-ntad2 racer 03-28-2007 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cain

But you have to give it to losi, there electronics are MUCH better.

deffinitly.