R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-26-2007, 08:05 AM   #76
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to oXYnary Send a message via Yahoo to oXYnary

I'm wondering if it might be even more. Ever hear of non-compete clauses?

Kyosho and Gil might be finding themselves under some hot legal water. Even if they aren't who wants to bet the majority of large RC manufacturers will start implementing as such after this?

I wish there was a RC Site that would tell us all of the information versus acting PR like. We need a site like The Register is to IT.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:10 AM   #77
Tech Champion

This deal has been in the works for months so I am sure all the based have been covered.

FYI, nullifying a non-compete clause is easy. In most states all you have to do is prove that the non compete will adversely affect the a persons ability to earn a fair wage. This is really easy to do in specialized fields like the R/C industry. It not like Gil Jr. is qualified to design bridges or vending machines.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:47 PM   #78
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
This deal has been in the works for months so I am sure all the based have been covered.

FYI, nullifying a non-compete clause is easy. In most states all you have to do is prove that the non compete will adversely affect the a persons ability to earn a fair wage. This is really easy to do in specialized fields like the R/C industry. It not like Gil Jr. is qualified to design bridges or vending machines.
NCs are enforcible, but it's against the new company and not the person individually.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:25 PM   #79
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB
NCs are enforcible, but it's against the new company and not the person individually.
It depends how it is written. There is no doubt a company is not allowed to inhibit you using your skills to earn wages. If so, anyone with a non compete couldn't switch employers. For example, I am an Oracle DBA for a consulting firm. My non-compete says I cannot start a new business and take away clients from my current employer. That would be competition. However, I could leave my job and join a number of other consultancies or even work for one of my clients full time as an Oracle DBA. Most likely, GLJ has signed a Non-Disclosure agreement. That would stop him from taking propriety ideas and business practices to Kyosho. That's my .02 on the situation
foolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #80
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

A Non-compete clause would have no effect on a non US company... like Kyosho.
Even Patents only work in the U.S., just ask some of the manufacturers i've seen on TV and heard on the radio, that lost their business to Chinese copies of their products. They can copy an item 100%, even the packaging and sell it in every country in the world, except the U.S., which is the only place there is protection.
This of course would apply to a Non-compete as well I would assume.

The reason is most likely that Horizon has ALOT of pull with the websites and Magazines and asked for some time to sort this out for the best possible public interpretation of it.

TeamLosi, a 100% non Losi company soon.....Wierd to think about.

...Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:58 PM   #81
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to oXYnary Send a message via Yahoo to oXYnary

Kyosho is a International Company with a US base. Gil would be located here, and thus would in fact be liable Jim. Also patents and human resources are not at all the same type of deal.

From what I have seen in the Video Game Industry, non competes ARE enforceable, and companies and individuals have been taken to court over such. Most people do not fight a non-compete given the amount of legal expense involved and the mar to their reputation in such a relatively small VERY competitive field.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:30 PM   #82
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
TeamLosi, a 100% non Losi company soon.....Wierd to think about.

...Jim

There still is a Losi working there
Old 03-30-2007, 07:28 AM   #83
Tech Champion

I think Gil Losi Jr. is an alien from the planet Xenon 12. He is here to take our women by infecting all men with the desire to race toy cars instead of spending time with them.

Do you think this statement is stupid...well I have about as much eveidence for the above statement as any of you do for all the conspiracy crap and unsubstantiated assumptions about what is going on...

...which is nothing...other than Gil Jr has a new job.

Let it go guys.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:36 AM   #84
Tech Adept

xenon 12 is real....just ask tom cruise
SCHMACHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:50 AM   #85
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMACHER
xenon 12 is real....just ask tom cruise
Shhh...you can't talk about that or L.Ron will come back from his higher plane of existance and smite you
Old 03-30-2007, 11:35 AM   #86
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dirt-Racer

Looks like someones been watching too many stargates sg1

I see good times ahead in electric 1/10 scale. GL Gil jr
Dirt-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:47 PM   #87
Tech Adept

i fear not because i have the power of the lord on my side...just like jay and silent bob
SCHMACHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:31 PM   #88
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Derek, ys, but i'm thinking more along the lines of product development, marketing, design, etc. Besides, if this does play out, which I suspect it will, how long will the last of the Losi's be left at Horizon/TL?

I don't know if another traumatic episode is doable, I mean if I hear Cliff Lett is going to CEN i'm going to lose it. LOL

Anyone see him on Speed during the Motocross episode a night or two ago? He was being interviewed about his time with the Dirt Bikes, namely Yamaha.

Cool stuff.

Opps, the supreme ruler has summoned me back to the pod for my daily injection of Kool Aid.

...Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote