R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-22-2007, 09:45 AM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfishel
Back in '96 a lot of people thought M. Schumacher was a fool to go to Ferrari after winning 2 World Championships in a row with Benetton.
Excellent point! Although, I hear that those Ferrari's can drive themselves
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:50 AM   #47
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mremtr
We shall see if in fact Horizon has what it takes to keep TL on top ? I have seen this kind thing before, and in only a few cases was it a good thing ......
Time will tell and Kyosho is Japanese through and through!! They know what they are doing PERIOD ! I hate to say this really I do , but Americans are greedy and lazy ! This is going to be our dimise I'm affraid.
Personally I try and suppoert America in every way shape and form I can ! But darn it, it is really hard !
Time will tell. I think Kyosho is trying to "Americanize" like Toyota is
Just remember just because it is assembled here doesn't mean the money stays here , all the profits head to Japan !! All we get is a weeks pay !
Think about it ......
Hey I guess I'm greedy and lazy, please don't support me. Although I wasn't too lazy to learn to spell. Or too greedy to make personal sacrifices to try to keep a presence for our sport in my community.
You are right about Kyosho knowing what they are doing. They knew enough to not throw a bunch of money at 2wd electric over the last 12 or even 15 years. Why is that? Because the lazy Americans were dominating the class to the point that all the other players went home.
mfishel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:48 AM   #48
Tech Fanatic

Default kyosho america signs losi jr.

hey all:wow big news,congrats on kyosho america signing gill losi jr. this can only be a win win for both kyosho and the r/c hobby as a whole.i just hope that they can get there future cars and trucks down to a cometitive price they have been quite pricey in the market.
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:57 AM   #49
TLRacing

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4man
Excellent point! Although, I hear that those Ferrari's can drive themselves

You mean, after Schumacher, Burn, and Brawn developed it right?

If I remember, the car was a giant POS before they got there....
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:22 PM   #50
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripthreat
You mean, after Schumacher, Burn, and Brawn developed it right?

If I remember, the car was a giant POS before they got there....
Well they certainly weren't a POS, I don't think you could call any modern F1 chassis that. But they certainly weren't the class of the field. Funny note, in '92 or '93 Alain Prost called his Ferrari a POS in an interview and was promptly fired. I think Frank Williams sent Enzo a personal thank you note. Also Jean Alesi (one of the most spectacular if not successful F1 racers) got his one and only win in a Ferrari in '95 at the Canadien GP.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:26 PM   #51
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man777
hey all:wow big news,congrats on kyosho america signing gill losi jr. this can only be a win win for both kyosho and the r/c hobby as a whole.i just hope that they can get there future cars and trucks down to a cometitive price they have been quite pricey in the market.
Man I'm being argumentative today. Anyhoo, the 777 is I think the priciest of the 1/8 buggies. But the ZX5 is actually the most affordable 4wd 1/10 out there. Possible exception may be the Academy rig.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How wierd will it be seeing JR, driving a 777, knowing his 8 is also on the same track? Some body please film this!
freefallmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:24 PM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

does he neccesarily have to switch to driving kyosho?
GPM BLUE ALUMINUM A-ARM SET U/L
ACNCM ENORMOUS COOLING HEAD
INTEGY SWAY BAR KIT
VANTAGE HX5 TIRES

Micro baja
Micro raminator

ALUMINUM PIVOT BLOCKS
FULLY ADJUSTABLE C/C/S
LOWGEARED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:29 PM   #54
Tech Fanatic

I'm pretty sure Jukka Steenari did most of the design work on the 8ight. He is also the designer of the XX4.
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:38 PM   #55
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey I guess I'm greedy and lazy, please don't support me. Although I wasn't too lazy to learn to spell. Or too greedy to make personal sacrifices to try to keep a presence for our sport in my community.
You are right about Kyosho knowing what they are doing. They knew enough to not throw a bunch of money at 2wd electric over the last 12 or even 15 years. Why is that? Because the lazy Americans were dominating the class to the point that all the other players went home.
LMAO Michael!!!
DG Designs, Team Scream, TQ Wire
Dave G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:55 PM   #56
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hodapp Send a message via Yahoo to Hodapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJG24
I'm pretty sure Jukka Steenari did most of the design work on the 8ight. He is also the designer of the XX4.
Jr designed the XX4. Jukka was still running for Schumacher at that time and had no input on its design.
Hodapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:18 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp
Jr designed the XX4. Jukka was still running for Schumacher at that time and had no input on its design.
yep back in the old Ranch pit shop days. I remember Jr and a few team drivers testing it prior to release. No Jukka in sight at that time. Jr was the heart of Team losi for a long time and I am sure he will be missed.
JamesnMeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:21 PM   #58
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradR
Wait, I'm confused.

Nothing to be confused about. I did not say he made the A main. I just said the cars looked really good on the track. I watched them in practice and the qualifiers and they impressed me with there consistency and rear grip. They seem to be competitive quickly. But like most teams, I am sure there are team parts that the public will not have access too.

Kyosho America - Peak Racing - KO Propo - AKA - DE Racing - Diggity Designs - Speedtech R/C - Team Slant EyEs
Slant EyEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:48 PM   #59
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slant EyEs
Nothing to be confused about. I did not say he made the A main. I just said the cars looked really good on the track. I watched them in practice and the qualifiers and they impressed me with there consistency and rear grip. They seem to be competitive quickly. But like most teams, I am sure there are team parts that the public will not have access too.
Don't be too sure there are parts that the general racing public can't get. Developing a car usually involves prototype parts, and those are held close. But once a production spec is set the factory cars will only have those parts on them. Maybe Kyosho is different, but most manufacturers are leery of a perception that the drivers are fast due to unobtainable parts. Who would want a car that isn't what they just saw win? Associated is a good example. They aren't even allowed to drill extra holes in the shock struts. Now private testing is another story, but if it's a race they are most likely running what you are. Depressing isn't it?
Old 03-22-2007, 04:57 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Don't be too sure there are parts that the general racing public can't get. Developing a car usually involves prototype parts, and those are held close. But once a production spec is set the factory cars will only have those parts on them. Maybe Kyosho is different, but most manufacturers are leery of a perception that the drivers are fast due to unobtainable parts. Who would want a car that isn't what they just saw win? Associated is a good example. They aren't even allowed to drill extra holes in the shock struts. Now private testing is another story, but if it's a race they are most likely running what you are. Depressing isn't it?
Well Heck!!!!! There goes my excuses as to why they are faster than me
JamesnMeyer is offline   Reply With Quote