Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Gil Losi Jr joins Kyosho >

Gil Losi Jr joins Kyosho

Gil Losi Jr joins Kyosho

Old 03-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

i can only imangine the new kyosho sp120394 car is going to look very similar to the losi 8ight.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Straight from Kyosho America's web site:

Gil Losi, Jr. Joins Kyosho America

Mar. 20, 2007 - Gil Losi, Jr., an icon in the RC business and co-founder of Team Losi™, is coming to Kyosho America. Beginning in April, Losi will join the Kyosho America team as R&D Director in an effort to better align Kyosho products with the US market.

Gil Losi Jr. brings a wealth of racing and design experience to Kyosho, which began back in 1982, when he won his second and third World Championships with the Kyosho Scorpion in the stock and modified classes. Even though Team Losi would eventually make their own 2WD car, Gil Jr. and the Losi team continued to run the Kyosho Optima Mid 4WD and Lazer racecars until they introduced a car of their own in the late 90s. Gil Jr. had some input on the design a couple cars for other companies before designing the JR-X2 - the first of many Losi designs, all of which benefited from his racing and design experience.

Commenting on his move to Kyosho America, Losi said, "I'm excited to get in on the ground level to help build Kyosho America, much like I did with Team Losi - it was the most challenging time for me, but also the most rewarding." He adds, "I'm also excited to be joining such a well-established international company that will help expose our ideas to the entire RC world."

Racing success is a common thread shared with Losi Jr. and Kyosho, which will be much of his focus at Kyosho America. The technology and innovation that come from a strong racing program will also benefit our other product lines. Committed to innovative competition products that engage dedicated enthusiasts, Kyosho is excited to welcome Gil Losi, Jr.

Team Losi is a registered trademark of Horizon Hobby, Inc.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
i can only imangine the new kyosho sp120394 car is going to look very similar to the losi 8ight.
LOL!!!!!!! and the next 4wd will be the Lazer XXX-4 G+CRSP2
Old 03-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A NEW ERA OF HYBRID LOSI

MMMMMUUUUUUUHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA
Old 03-21-2007, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

Well I would say that this is going to raise the bar ! IF not it will surely knock it off it's posts
I just hope it doesn't turn Kyosho into a Losi clone !Personally I think Kyosho is far too large and powerful to allow themselves to be a copycat.
They have been the innovators for years !! Go Kyosho !!
Old 03-21-2007, 06:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Gill is an innovative guy. Its not in his nature to do what has been done before. Just look at the JXRS.

He knows what it takes to create winning race cars. Especially Off Road which is where the market is at right now. I would expect to see big changes in Kyoshos 2WD and 4WD electric platforms very soon as the IFMAR Worlds is coming and neither car is really competative in its current state.

The great thing for Gil Jr. is that Kyosho is willing to try anything and that opens the door to real innovation.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

ummm who says the zx-5 isnt competitive?

without masami, you could say the yokomo isnt competitive.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by GymBeam
ummm who says the zx-5 isnt competitive?

without masami, you could say the yokomo isnt competitive.
National results. Pavidis is not some washed up racer. If he struggles to make a main then his equipment is not up to the task.

Kyosho needs to do a lot of work on the electric side of their race program.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

he came 5th at cactus 2006, and 2007 he was inside the top10 untill a few DNF's.

if they had tebo, cavelleri and co... stop typing, stupid argument.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

If I was a conspiracy nut, I'd look at motives. If a big company decides it wants to buy another big company a doable tactic would be to undermine the performance of the target company. A good way to do that would be to poach the talent and make them at home.
I'm not sure Kyosho could afford Losi, but it would be very tempting I'm sure. Instant access to a group that really knows the American market, something Kyosho has never got a proper handle on. And a huge distribution network built right in in the form of Horizon, again something Kyosho has never been able to work out.
As a dealer I'm stoked about the possibilities of this in any form it will eventually take.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

LOL, Now Kyoshos will eat throttle servos!
Old 03-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Get those racing resume's into Kyosho! You know Gil is gonna need some decent racer feedback on new product development - that is gonna need a bigger race team!
Old 03-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Losi just now doesnt feel the same anymore
mabey they'll call it Kyolosi
Old 03-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok this is a positive thing here !!!! Losi is well on its way with creativity??
But if you ask me he should have went to traxxas!! I would really enjoy hearing about them more in the winning circle!!!!
Maybe kyosho needs this move though there all great brands That have brought RC to new hieghts!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Congrds to Kyosho on this great move. I am excited to see what changes are coming to the RC market as a result of this and other changes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.