Wiki Posts
Search

Heat Shrink Wrap for Packs...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 11:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Heat Shrink Wrap for Packs...

Ive been Using Trinity Cell Shrink wrap for a few years now. seems like when i put a cell in the shrink, its to loose for when i start to heat the shrinnk, causing sometimes to crinkle or kinks

But anyways, Friend bought some promatch packs from the Hobby shop, came with heat shrink, I built his packs for him. That shrink seemed to be awsome! Thicker to stand up to the abuse, and the cell was a tighter fit to make shrinking easier.

What kind of shrink does promatch send with their cells? Id like to switch to that kind from now on!
Old 03-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I assume this is the same as they supply with their new packs. $0.10 each.

http://www.promatchracing.com/products.php?cat=2

Even better, pay them the $6.00 to assemble your new packs. They have a superior technique for soldering that gives a lower IR than anything I seem to be able to do so far. They use minimal solder. However if your packs get beat around you may want to add some shoe goo to reinforce the packs because the solder joints themselves are not as strong as one covered in solder.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

OK, i just wanted to know who makes the Shrink Wrap only. I build my own packs fine.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I meant that these ARE shrink wraps they sell separately for you to build your own packs....

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you didn't make good packs, just offering info, since I have no way of knowing your level of expertise I covered all of what I thought might help

But if you've never seen them you should check out their assembled packs at least once. They must have some special equipment to do this... it's like a spot weld, almost no solder, great bar to battery contact. After sending a pack in to get checked out, I talked with them on the phone and got ideas how to do better on my own packs. I thought my soldering was fine before but I saw a big difference in performance and I have improved my own work also.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

so anyone know what kind of shrink that is then?