R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-21-2007, 05:57 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The springs I was using were red/purple I beleive. And obviously that kind of gearing doesn't work. I know what heat does to motors. Re read my post and you will understand that. But on the track that we were running, 76/21 DOES NOT WORK. Plain and simple. If you want to see for yourself, come on up, but untill then, take it from a very experienced racer (stock tc and 2wd mod) that tihs is the case. PERIOD.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:59 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
The springs I was using were red/purple I beleive. And obviously that kind of gearing doesn't work. I know what heat does to motors. Re read my post and you will understand that. But on the track that we were running, 76/21 DOES NOT WORK. Plain and simple. If you want to see for yourself, come on up, but untill then, take it from a very experienced racer (stock tc and 2wd mod) that tihs is the case. PERIOD.
Man bro, I went to both those tracks two summers ago! I was really jonesin for my cars too. lol
I'd love to run at the rcgears track. That place was sweet.
Keeping racing fun and affordable with my 8y.o. twins :)
The best track I've raced is the one in my backyard!
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:10 PM   #18
Tech Elite

That track is awesome. It's coming down this year for a rebuild. Some pretty cool designs drawn up for it as well.

BTW, those aren't the tracks that we had run these cars on. The stock gearing on this track is decent but stock motors are way too slow.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:18 PM   #19
Tech Elite

I just looked at those pics on the site again and alot has changed from those. Our drivers stand is now painted and has a shingled roof. There is now a fence on the top of the berms closest to the water (Revo Pond for some not so nice reasons), a good bit of the track has changed, as it sits right now and we will be doing a complete track rebuild as I said earlier.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:22 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
UMMMMM, you do know that the stock spur gear in the XXX-CR is a 78 tooth, NOT a 76 tooth right? If you are running 76, then maybe you should go to a 78 then? And like I stated above, I've been gearing 78-20 on my CO-27's on various size tracks with temps topping out at 209 at the Cactus Classic this past weekend in 105 degree heat after a 5 minute run. In "normal" temps, it is usually in the 170-180 range. And I do use a temp gun, measuring at the endbell. I usually run 767 brushes with green and red springs. We ran serrated 766's at the Cactus because of the heat, very thin cut and rebrush EVERY run just to be safe. I've run this same gearing on 4 different size tracks, with different dirt, with different layouts, some indoor and some outdoor, the motor temps vary very little. I have friends that run CR's with same motor, same gearing with no heat problems. The cars are always VERY fast. Take it from an experienced racer (4th place A-main in 2wd stock at the '07 Cactus Classic) this gearing works, PERIOD By the way, I run Banzai stock motors, we had FOUR XXX-CR's in the 2wd stock A-main at Cactus (one was TQ and winner), and I believe we were all geared within a tooth of each other.

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:52 PM   #21
Tech Elite

[IMG][/IMG]

Track I ran on with 78-20 gearing. Full length straight on right side of track.

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net

Last edited by nc-hopsing; 03-22-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:09 AM   #22
Tech Elite

just figuring out gearing, 76-21 has a final drive ratio of 8.80:1

My gearing, 78-20 has a final drive of 9.48:1

87-16 has a final drive of 13.22:1

Old 03-22-2007, 06:13 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Whatever you guys say, you must be RC gods or something. I was mistaken on the stock gearing, ok, so it's 78, not 76. Doesn't change the fact the the gearing does not work on the track we were running on. Period. I'm done arguing this point though. If you really want to show me it does work, come on up. I'll even give you a place to stay. But drive the track we ran on before you tell me it doesn't work.

I'm done with this whole thread because it's just not worth my time to say the same thing anymore. I know what happened and I know what "should" work and I know what did work and they ARE two different things.