R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-12-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Good setup station ?

Is this a good setup statoin for 1/8 scale ?

and if not what ones are good ?

Thanks
http://stevejavorsky.zenfolio.com
More and More its BEARDMORE !!!!!!! (Thanks Todd)
SteveJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:46 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Looks like the onroad alignment tool. Don't know if you need to run one of those for 1/8th scale buggy.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:57 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

I would not buy that one, especially when a top notch one is not too much more. Check out the Hudy 1/8th scale offroad buggy/ truggy setup station, or the Team Magic Setup station. The Hudy runs around $120 and the Team Magic runs around $150.

Hudy Setup Station
Team Magic Setup Station

With those you still want a flat setup board. I bought the Team Magic Setup Station and board. The board is bigger than the Hudy one and fits buggies better. Personally I like the TM one better as it is slightly more accurate than the Hudy just because of the distance in which the angle is measured. The only disadvantage is that the camber tool (which butts up against the wheel nuts) is a little to thin, as my wheelnuts will not tighten down. 1 shim all the way around fixed that problem. I think it is just because how many threads are cut on the wheel axel on my Losi 8ight. I want to do a little review of it soon once my camera gets back.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:59 PM   #4
Tech Master

cool... thanks for the info......
http://stevejavorsky.zenfolio.com
More and More its BEARDMORE !!!!!!! (Thanks Todd)
SteveJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:21 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
I would not buy that one, especially when a top notch one is not too much more. Check out the Hudy 1/8th scale offroad buggy/ truggy setup station, or the Team Magic Setup station. The Hudy runs around $120 and the Team Magic runs around $150.

Hudy Setup Station
Team Magic Setup Station

With those you still want a flat setup board. I bought the Team Magic Setup Station and board. The board is bigger than the Hudy one and fits buggies better. Personally I like the TM one better as it is slightly more accurate than the Hudy just because of the distance in which the angle is measured. The only disadvantage is that the camber tool (which butts up against the wheel nuts) is a little to thin, as my wheelnuts will not tighten down. 1 shim all the way around fixed that problem. I think it is just because how many threads are cut on the wheel axel on my Losi 8ight. I want to do a little review of it soon once my camera gets back.
Hey my man,

I ordered the TM setup station today - how are you liking yours? I have never used one, and have to think they are not that difficult to use, but I am open to any suggestions, tricks, etc to make it easier (or are they pretty much dumb proof?). Thanks!
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:40 PM   #6
Tech Elite

I love mine, EXCEPT there is a weird ball bearing, and I lost one because of the black thumbscrew that you have to install while juggling the 2 plates. I am going to just put a cap screw to permanently attach the silver bearing (the one closest to the middle) that way you only have to install one thumb screw for assembly. Also get a shim set that will go on the threads next to your wheel nut. I found that I could not tighten the setup station down otherwise, but it might just be my losi 8. I will try to do a pic with review later, but I lost a bearing because of my juggling abilities....
Old 03-14-2007, 06:45 PM   #7
Tech Elite

The shim I used has an inner diameter of half an inch. I am going to glue it to the outside part of the setup station hole. That lets the nuts get nice and tight on it so that the setup station does not have any play.

Like I said, it may just be my Losi 8, or it may be the setup station was cut a hair too much. I do not know how the Hudy fares.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:00 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have a question on this. I have access to (own) an integy setup station, and I can use a friends Hudy ultimate setup station. I know I need a different board because the tc boards are too small, but the question is: Will the 1/8th scale toe ruler work? Again the 1/10th scale tc rulers are too small.
trilerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:30 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

If anyone needs custom boards to put under their setup gear, let me know, I'm making them all custom! Check out my thread in the For Sale forum..."PIT BOARDS"

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=168239

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote