Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 05:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
Yellow compound 1/8th Buggy Double Dees and CrossHairs are NOW AVAILABLE!

Thanks Andy,

I received mine on Saturday...... I am looking forward to the Motorama race this weekend. I am looking forward to the race because I want to try a few different JC tires. I will let you know how I do.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 02-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Andy you have a PM
Old 02-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J_P
I received a new set of Goose Bumps for 1/10th this week. So I mounted them up and brought them to my local indoor track to show them off. (not the right tire for indoor surface) After a full day of people squeezing and rubbing on them. There should be a lot of sales in this area. Tires that come with the right insert....what a CONCEPT!
Nice, Ive seen them in action and they work as well as they look.

Originally Posted by Jake S
will there ever be rims for 1/10th electric trucks? like the kyosho (when it comes) and the associated t4?
It may happen at some point, but at the moment we are focused on our current lineup, and whats coming in the near future.

Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
Thanks Andy,

I received mine on Saturday...... I am looking forward to the Motorama race this weekend. I am looking forward to the race because I want to try a few different JC tires. I will let you know how I do.

Later
Kevin Boyle
KB,

Best of luck, and take/get some pics to post up!
Originally Posted by Kyosho_101
Andy you have a PM
replied.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:29 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mharlow
Thanks for that. In general what circumstances is more foam better in the front tyres?
More foam in 4wd fronts will smooth out the steering and make the car more consistent. This is usually better for higher bite tracks. I all depends though...
Old 02-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Any Retailers

Are there any shops selling the truck tires in the OC/Inland empire area yet?

Would like to take a look at them. Or maybe somebody will have them at Pegasus this coming weekend?
Old 02-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tripthreat
More foam in 4wd fronts will smooth out the steering and make the car more consistent. This is usually better for higher bite tracks. I all depends though...
So, if my B44 is always oversteering on-power coming out of the corners, I should stuff the entire foam into the fronts? It's just a wee bit too easy to steer with the throttle, and the car is too aggressive when I get on it coming out of the turns.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jgroenhof

Would like to take a look at them. Or maybe somebody will have them at Pegasus this coming weekend?
I cant really say at the moment. I know that we havent broken into that market, so it may be tough to find our product for a little while. If you can catch Frank at the track, Im sure he's more than happy to help. If you need any pictures or information I can help in that regard.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

got to run some blue compound goose bumps this weekend. Droped my fastest from a 35.1 to a 33.4. and my average droped about a second a lap faster also.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:33 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jgroenhof

I should be back in the electric scene the first weekend of March, leading upto the Cactus. I will be running those tires ofcourse .

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
So, if my B44 is always oversteering on-power coming out of the corners, I should stuff the entire foam into the fronts? It's just a wee bit too easy to steer with the throttle, and the car is too aggressive when I get on it coming out of the turns.
Make sure your front diff is tighter than your rear. Also, more foam should help with that from what I have learned...
Old 02-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Thanks Andy, Got the Wrench tip and indeed the one from amain was wrong. You are the man.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Thanks Andy, Got the Wrench tip and indeed the one from amain was wrong. You are the man.
Not a problem.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Cool

Originally Posted by tripthreat
I should be back in the electric scene the first weekend of March, leading upto the Cactus. I will be running those tires ofcourse .
I'll keep my eyes peeled. I am thinking forward to JBRL so the timing is good.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Curious if anyone is running MAX AMPS saddle packs in there BJ4WE?

I have a pack of 4400s that I plan to run. Wondering what some suggestions are for making the battery mounts higher so to allow for these saddle packs? I considered using body mounts from a TC3 to make it taller. I have also heard of people using "All Thread" to extend the posts and make them taller.

Haven't driven the car in a while, i recently became a father.

MOmo
Old 02-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been using the MaxAmps 4400 mAh LiPo saddle packs in a BJ4-WE for 6 months.

I removed the stock plastic battery trays from the car and removed a portion of the cell dividers (using a Dremel) in order for the LiPo pack to sit flat on the chassis. Since the LiPo pack is more narrow than sub-c cells I did not remove the entire width of the cell divider. Instead I removed just enough to allow the LiPo to fit snuggly (keeping the pack closest to the drive shaft).

No modification is required to the battery mounts if you perform the modification I mentioned.

Experiment with how much weight to add back into the car. It will depend on what type of surface you are running on. I found that on high traction tracks I could get away with using less weight. On low traction (outdoor) tracks I found more weight helped "plant" the rear of the car and keep it from "coming around" in the tight corners.

Originally Posted by MOmo
Curious if anyone is running MAX AMPS saddle packs in there BJ4WE?
Old 02-14-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

andy you have a PM

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.