Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Andy,

That is me. I am not planning to attend the clash. I am going to the race at trackside or the nitro race at Leisure Hours in Chicago. Depends on what the Gosch's want to do.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rripp
Andy,

That is me. I am not planning to attend the clash. I am going to the race at trackside or the nitro race at Leisure Hours in Chicago. Depends on what the Gosch's want to do.
Ahh, no problem. Perhaps next year?
Old 11-07-2007, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

I would love to this year but I would be travelling alone and it is like 2000 miles. Plus this is my wifes last year of college and it would be smart not to go overboard on expenditures.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:15 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Latest news for the JConcepts Clash: www.rcclash.com

Clash News ~ November 5, 2007
The entries continue to come in from around the world. Drivers registered from the United Kingdom and Canada is tuning the Clash into an international event. Many drivers from the west coast and all along the east coast are making their way to Tampa for the ultimate throw down.

Watch in amazement as IFMAR World Championship TQ Ryan Maifield takes to the track in 1/8th buggy, 1/10th 4wd and 1/10th 2wd classes. This guy is fast!

The race is about a month away so if you have not preregistered please sign-up as soon as possible. This helps the race organizers determine awards, t-shirts and everything else related to making the event as rewarding to the racers as possible.

Mail in entry form

Online registration form

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Track
The track layout is starting to take shape and things are looking great. Expect some pretty heavy elevation changes and a 150 foot straightway that leads into a downhill S-turn.
Woah! Bring some power!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sportsman classes - rule update!
Due to heavy interest in brushless motors we are going to allow the 10.5 brushless motor to compete against the 19 turn brushed motors. Class info page has been updated to reflect the change.

Battery suggestions
Based on our testing it is suggested to come with batteries 4200 or higher. We have had very good tests with 3700 mah batteries as well but the added capacity of a 4200 would be safe. All Lipo batteries are legal for competition but it is recommended to use the hard shell type. Anything over 5000 mah in capacity is probably overkill.

Here is some very useful information regarding Lipo batteries. Please read this information prior to use.

Lipo Information

Race schedule
A tentative schedule has been prepared to help determine length of the program and amount of available time. In a perfect world with no problems we are currently scheduled to run 5 qualifiers. Things change and so does the weather so this is very tentative.

Qual. Points will be used with Best 2 out of 5 scoring your result. This gives a driver wanting to just race on Saturday and Sunday only the option of coming in to qualify on Saturday and running 2 qualifiers. Please remember if the 5th round is dropped for scheduling or weather reasons that is the risk taken by the driver that misses the first day of qualifying

Clash tentative schedule

Track preparation
The current plan is to prepare the track with Calcium Chloride. This usually produces a blue groove and helps keep the dust down. Be prepared for changing conditions.

Race direction
Jimmy Babcock is coming in as scheduled. Joining Jimmy will be Kenny “Scarecrow” Holmes to do on-track race directing. Tim Davis is scheduled to provide color commentary during racing action. Tim should provide some interesting comments and interviews.

LiveRC update
Brandon Rohde will be on hand to handle the LiveRC scoring that will be available on his website. Lake Park does not have the best internet connection so we are going to be using an air card. We are keeping our fingers crossed and hoping for the best internet connection possible.

RC Action Pics
Greg Rojna will be on hand on Saturday and Sunday to cover the race with photos and media live at the track. You can visit his site at anytime for great updates on R/C events across the country.

Check in and registration
The first thing to do when you arrive at the track is to check in. We are going to be doing this outside the track area by the JConcepts race trailer. Only registered drivers and mechanics will be allowed onto the track. You have to register before you can practice. Very simple

Covered pit space
Covered pit space can be purchased for $35.00 during check in. Covered pit space includes 1 pit space with chair and power availability. Drivers purchasing the covered pit space will be assigned a number to their race badges so only drivers with Pit id numbers can pit underneath the tent. All drivers are more than welcome to pit outside the fence with trailers, tents, tables…etc. Covered pits are available for drivers that are traveling from out of the area or choose to be closer to the track and who purchase the space. Drivers will receive a race badge and also a badge for 1 pit person.

Onsite hobby shop
GS Hobby.com has agreed to be the official onsite hobby shop at the JConcepts Clash. They will have a selection of tires, wheels and various front end and rear end parts for Associated and Losi vehicles. Parts for all vehicles cannot be supported onsite due to space and travel restraints. Please be prepared or email GSHobby in advance to make arrangements for special parts needed.

Additional hotel information
We have located another option for hotel. The Sailport Inn is located right near the Tampa airport and is about 12 minutes from Lake Park via the Veterans Express Way (Toll Road). It is roughly a 25 minute drive to Lake Park without using the Veterans Express Way. The Sailport resort is directly across from Bahama Breeze restaurant / bar.

Sailport Resort
2506 North Rocky Point Drive
Tampa, FL 33607 USA
Tel 813-281-9599 (Reservations)
Tel 800-255-9599 (USA & Canada Reservations)
Fax 813-281-9510
http://www.sailport.com/

Airport/Area Shuttle Available (7am-10pm)
Wireless High Speed Internet Access
One and two bedroom suites available – with a view of the Bay!
One bedroom $85/nt, 2 bedroom $139/nt – mention JConcepts for this discounted rate
Old 11-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Gosh PW, Sailport Resort, I thought we were going to stay at your crib.
Donnie
Old 11-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rripp
Andy,

Old 11-07-2007, 12:25 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speedracer19
Gosh PW, Sailport Resort, I thought we were going to stay at your crib.
Donnie
Sup sucka! I don't live in Tampa anymore so that is out of the question You ready for another whoopin in 4wd
Old 11-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Yeh, always up for a "whoopin", it just goes to show that i can drive throught the traffic instead of "throught" them.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speedracer19
Yeh, always up for a "whoopin", it just goes to show that i can drive throught the traffic instead of "throught" them.
Are you even signed up yet!?
Old 11-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Will any other bodys work on the 8t other that the direct fit body...???
Old 11-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by beachragz
Will any other bodys work on the 8t other that the direct fit body...???
I cant really say...
Old 11-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

57 entries! Not bad considering early entries are usually only 1/4 of the total!

Old 11-09-2007, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ever thought about making a body (racer body) for the Traxxas Bandit?
Old 11-09-2007, 05:40 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
Ever thought about making a body (racer body) for the Traxxas Bandit?
Like this....

http://www.jconcepts.net/index.php?/...s_details/2592
Old 11-09-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

when will the xxxt cr body be out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.