Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default PW, Reedy Race release

PW, it doesn't look like there were any special color runs of the Satellites for the Reedy? PM me if you have 2 sets of Green satellites you'd sell me. Thanks!
Old 01-25-2018, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know if you can buy the decal sheet for the Finnisher truggy body?
Old 01-25-2018, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Just wondering what is the difference in bodies for the 22 4.0 2wd buggy. I see the s2 body and there was a new f2 body released at the reedy.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:43 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nicholas H
PW, it doesn't look like there were any special color runs of the Satellites for the Reedy? PM me if you have 2 sets of Green satellites you'd sell me. Thanks!
Sorry man, but I don't have any green satellite bands to sell or even of my own.

Does anyone know if you can buy the decal sheet for the Finnisher truggy body?
You can email us directly and get any non-licensed JConcepts decals. Contact mac @ jconcepts . net for details.

Just wondering what is the difference in bodies for the 22 4.0 2wd buggy. I see the s2 body and there was a new f2 body released at the reedy.
Mainly appearance, but some guys feel like the F2 has more rear traction. The F2 for the 22 4.0 is still prototype and still a few weeks out.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

JConcepts - Just saw the release regarding the Finnisher body for the T4.3....thank you for bringing this back. The Finnisher is one of my favorite truck bodies and I will be purchasing several for our T4’s. It’s nice to have unpainted bodies available again.
PW and rustyus like this.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Rehab vs Detox

Rehab vs Detox tires, do they drive differently? When should I use one vs the other?
Old 01-29-2018, 12:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Clay Compound

How is the clay compound different than other rubber compounds (soft, medium, etc) and when do you use? I've stepped on a couple indoor tracks where they use clay compound tires and the track is hardpacked and slick. I would think you would want a super-soft tires, but clay is the go to compound. What am I missing?
Old 01-30-2018, 05:52 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by qstorm777
Rehab vs Detox tires, do they drive differently? When should I use one vs the other?
I believe they drive similar, but the Rehab is designed with a little more space between the lugs for even more traction on dusty, blown out conditions. Cole Ogden just used the Rehabs to win the 2018 SIC race.

Bob Barry and rgrg2 like this.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:06 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by qstorm777
How is the clay compound different than other rubber compounds (soft, medium, etc) and when do you use? I've stepped on a couple indoor tracks where they use clay compound tires and the track is hardpacked and slick. I would think you would want a super-soft tires, but clay is the go to compound. What am I missing?
This has always been a tricky Q/A...Ha The Gold/Clay compound is a completely different rubber/chemical makeup and feels much harder. However, the gold compound works extremely well on hardpacked, damp, cool surfaces. I don't really know why, but the gold compound reacts differently to those types of surfaces and the stiffness of the tire allows the tire to do its job without rolling/folding over like the standard black, green, blue compounds.
rgrg2 and BK24 like this.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PW
This has always been a tricky Q/A...Ha The Gold/Clay compound is a completely different rubber/chemical makeup and feels much harder. However, the gold compound works extremely well on hardpacked, damp, cool surfaces. I don't really know why, but the gold compound reacts differently to those types of surfaces and the stiffness of the tire allows the tire to do its job without rolling/folding over like the standard black, green, blue compounds.
Thanks for the two answers above. No one has ever given me an answer to the clay compound. I have a set of detox. Guess I'm going to have to try the rehab. I have a couple tracks in mind where I think they will work well.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

On the b5 steering racks, there was an early and late model correct? If I remember right the first versions would break and then Jconcepts changed the design to make them stronger. Was there a part number change?

Is there a way to tell if these are the early or late version?
Old 02-05-2018, 09:00 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cautrell05
On the b5 steering racks, there was an early and late model correct? If I remember right the first versions would break and then Jconcepts changed the design to make them stronger. Was there a part number change? Is there a way to tell if these are the early or late version?
Yes; there was an update. You can physically tell by an added rib where the ball-stub mounts for the servo link. The rib was added and it was beefed up around the bearing and where the arm meets the bearing area, but that would be to hard to see from a pic of the packaged part.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So judging by the photo, these were the early, less desirable version correct?
Old 02-05-2018, 11:13 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cautrell05

So judging by the photo, these were the early, less desirable version correct?
That photo would be the old part, but that might not be indicative of what they actually have in stock. We actually still show the old part in our photos online . Our current inventory is of all the newer updated parts, but I can't speak for another retailer.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

alright gave the jconcepts octagons another go here. Cleaned them up with simple green and did my normal track day saucing routine. This time was significantly better, enough so I took TQ and the amain in 1/10 4wd buggy mod class running spec 13.5 power.

Very happy with the result. Looking to give the front tires a try on my 2wd buggy as I don't like how mellow the slicks up front feel, I got a set of schumacher wheels here that I am going to take off the premounts on since they are worn.

In comparison to schumachers cut staggers in yellow compound, how do the jconcepts swaggers compare in pink?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.