Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Is green compound the closest to m4 or black looking for something comparable to holeshot m4s?
Old 12-14-2017, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Applesauce
Is green compound the closest to m4 or black looking for something comparable to holeshot m4s?
Green would be their equivalence to Proline's M4. Black is a ultrasoft compound.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Any plans for a EB410 body??
Old 12-15-2017, 06:01 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Applesauce
Green would be very close; black would be slightly softer.

Any plans for a EB410 body??
Yes and it's getting close
rvrslt1 likes this.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

When would I use Teazers vs say the triple dees?
Old 12-19-2017, 09:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are you familiar with street eliminator concept? For the rear shocks it calls for this.

Inside:1 large limiter
Outside: 1 stock blue Bump Stop, 1 small limiter, 1 thin stock limiter

In the pictures of the rc it only shows the stock blue bump stops.

I currently have it set up like the pictures, should I install the extra spacers on outside of rear shocks? I notice they have more upward travel than necessary with just one stock blue bump stop.

Also for strictly drag racing is there any reason it's necessary to run foams in the rear tires?

Thanks! Here is picture showing how I have bump stops.

ddd228 likes this.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:33 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by qstorm777
When would I use Teazers vs say the triple dees?
Recently the guys have been using the Teazers when the track is hard packed, but not grooved up yet or maintain/blown off (dusty/sandy conditions).

Are you familiar with street eliminator concept? For the rear shocks it calls for this.
I'm not, but I will fwd your question to someone that is . PM me your e-mail info and I will have them email if possible.

Inserts will be necessary even for drag racing. You could use a hole punch and punch holes in the insert to soften them up though. The tire needs support to do it's job. If there is no insert, then the tire would collapse and not work at all.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the 4wd fronts on a 2wd buggy? If so, did you use the foams or not?
Thanks.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:36 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Has anyone tried the 4wd fronts on a 2wd buggy? If so, did you use the foams or not?
Thanks.
This was pretty common with the Smoothies on high-bite conditions. It actually made the car smoother/easier to drive.

It's not needed with any of the other tires. However, I have seen some racers put a slightly trimmed 4wd front insert in an Octagon.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
This was pretty common with the Smoothies on high-bite conditions. It actually made the car smoother/easier to drive.

It's not needed with any of the other tires. However, I have seen some racers put a slightly trimmed 4wd front insert in an Octagon.
Thanks, I neglected to clarify I was thinking about 4wd swaggers on 2wd rims and how it would handle vs the narrower 2wd swaggers.
ddd228 likes this.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:54 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Thanks, I neglected to clarify I was thinking about 4wd swaggers on 2wd rims and how it would handle vs the narrower 2wd swaggers.
I'm not really sure what it would do, but the difference in tire diameter means you would probably need to readjust front stroke/droop and maybe even the roll-centers. That is a huge difference in overall tire diameter and contact patch.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:18 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

New very small indoor track has just opened up close to me where i plan to run 2wd 13.5 buggy. The track is hardpack dirt with perhaps 50% clay content. They only race every second Sunday, so the track dries out between race days. They water every run in the morning to get the moisture level back up, and then stop watering in the afternoon. They turn the heat down to 1 degree above freezing between race days, and turn up the heat to 8 degrees above freezing on race days but the surface temp likely doesn't come up that much. When i stopped by to check out the facility, there was light dust on the track in the afternoon.

I'm thinking black compound reflex front and rear, but should i consider a different front tire?
Safe to assume that no one makes a better cold weather compound that JC black?

Thanks for any help that you can offer! I race 95% onroad and do some 8th ebuggy in the summer, but have not raced 2wd 1/10 buggy before.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:54 AM
Tech Addict

Can anyone tell me where the mounting hardware goes for the Finnisher truggy body?
Old 12-27-2017, 11:59 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DBM
New very small indoor track has just opened up close to me where i plan to run 2wd 13.5 buggy. The track is hardpack dirt with perhaps 50% clay content. They only race every second Sunday, so the track dries out between race days. They water every run in the morning to get the moisture level back up, and then stop watering in the afternoon. They turn the heat down to 1 degree above freezing between race days, and turn up the heat to 8 degrees above freezing on race days but the surface temp likely doesn't come up that much. When i stopped by to check out the facility, there was light dust on the track in the afternoon.

I'm thinking black compound reflex front and rear, but should i consider a different front tire?
Safe to assume that no one makes a better cold weather compound that JC black?

Thanks for any help that you can offer! I race 95% onroad and do some 8th ebuggy in the summer, but have not raced 2wd 1/10 buggy before.
Wow That seems like a really tough combo. I think you're on the right track with black compound. If they blow it off at all, then I would try black Dirt Webs, if not, then black Reflexes.

Can anyone tell me where the mounting hardware goes for the Finnisher truggy body?
It should be for the name plate/rear fins that bolt to the rear fender/bed rail area. The fins/plates are molded into the back of the body or rear wheel wells.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PW
Wow That seems like a really tough combo. I think you're on the right track with black compound. If they blow it off at all, then I would try black Dirt Webs, if not, then black Reflexes.

It should be for the name plate/rear fins that bolt to the rear fender/bed rail area. The fins/plates are molded into the back of the body or rear wheel wells.
That explains it. Ordered mine from Amain and I didn't see those plates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.