Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Any eta on the M12 radio bag Paul? Tyler just got a new radio since we switched cars and likes the JC bags.

Thanks!!
Old 01-26-2016, 08:11 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RandyJones
Any eta on the M12 radio bag Paul? Tyler just got a new radio since we switched cars and likes the JC bags.

Thanks!!
I will have to check.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Sounds good!! Thanks!!
Old 02-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any fin turnbuckles in the cards for the losi 8 buggy??
Old 02-04-2016, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NickTheGreek
Read on Facebook that they will be produced. Don't have any eta though.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:06 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NickTheGreek
Yes; the latest gen TLR 8 buggy will receive the Fin treatment
Old 02-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Any plans for Black Dirt Webs for stadium truck?
Old 02-04-2016, 01:25 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fidanza
Any plans for Black Dirt Webs for stadium truck?
No plans.

1 or 2 treatments of WD40 or Liquid Wrench and you will have black
Old 02-05-2016, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

OK question…

How come your 2.2 rear tires and wheels don't mate up so well?

I just received a large tire order to run the supercup next week and got some wheels and the splitters need to be forced into the wheel beads or they just dance around loosely. Panther tire beads drop right into your wheels as well as into AKA wheels perfectly and you actually need to drop the bead into position quickly after applying glue because they tend to sort of snap into position firmly.

With the Splitters I have to squeeze them down onto the wheels firmly even with my tire bands. The solution I devised to remedy this is to place silicone wrist bracelets onto my tires first and then slide them over the bead area and then place my JC tire bands over those so it forces the tires onto the bead more firmly.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:09 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by the incubus
OK question…

How come your 2.2 rear tires and wheels don't mate up so well?

I just received a large tire order to run the supercup next week and got some wheels and the splitters need to be forced into the wheel beads or they just dance around loosely. Panther tire beads drop right into your wheels as well as into AKA wheels perfectly and you actually need to drop the bead into position quickly after applying glue because they tend to sort of snap into position firmly.

With the Splitters I have to squeeze them down onto the wheels firmly even with my tire bands. The solution I devised to remedy this is to place silicone wrist bracelets onto my tires first and then slide them over the bead area and then place my JC tire bands over those so it forces the tires onto the bead more firmly.
I haven't heard or seen this with our tires as they normally fit very well, especially when using standard compounds and "CC" inserts. It's been a long time since I've mounted Splitters in the Black/Mega soft compound, so I will go grab a set to mount, but I'm guessing the combination of the mega soft compound and full stock white foam inserts is the issue you are seeing. The mega soft rubber is so soft, it can't compress the full white foam on it's own to hold the beads tight on the wheel. Tire bands are defiantly needed regardless on super & mega soft compounds with the white foam inserts.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah I'm running Indy Stock so I am bound to run the OC Foams which honestly have never been an issue for me. I'v been running Splitters since they were released and have never experienced this with either foam types.

What's odd is how perfectly well other tires fit on your Wheels with the same foams.

I can take pics tonight and post for you.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:38 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by the incubus
Yeah I'm running Indy Stock so I am bound to run the OC Foams which honestly have never been an issue for me. I'v been running Splitters since they were released and have never experienced this with either foam types.

What's odd is how perfectly well other tires fit on your Wheels with the same foams.

I can take pics tonight and post for you.
Please contact us directly so that we can determine if something isn't correct. I will PM you the contact info.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Paul. Will do tonight after work.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Any eta on the B5 hub carrier ? And buggy gold dirt webs
Old 02-08-2016, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have a tire compound question I've been thinking about lately. Where I race during the winter, everybody uses clay compounds. The dirt is a hard packed clay that is constantly wet/tacky. The traction is great and the tire wear isn't too bad at all (when bar codes were the hot tire, I could get a half a season out of them). Currently I like to run gold dirt webs treated with zip grip II. However, I have to sauce them very aggressively to get the grip level to come up to where I need it to be competitive. So my question is this; how does the silver compound compare to a heavily treated gold compound? Could I get similar traction levels out of silver without having to sauce?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.