Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hoese37
Any word on a body for the Tekno NB48?
Not at this time.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Captcha
When you say four holes on the inside of the tire, are you meaning the sidewall itself? I personally think 4 holes is overkill, and if you do mean the sidewall, then the sidewall would be significantally softer. I normally race at a track that requires slicks and sauce, and we do 2 holes inner sidewall because it prevents the sauce from getting onto foam and deteorating it quicker, but I also run JC rims which have 2 holes pre drilled.

I hope this helps.

As for the green double dees, how much dust does the track get usually, or loose dirt? Does it have a groove under that layer?
I had placed the holes on the flat spot I counted 3 threads in from the side wall. If I think correctly I saw this on ty site for a tip.but he use 6 small holes. And since the middle ballons more than the out side of the tire I figure less dirt will get in the foams.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CENTRAL
Will the Double Dees (green) be a good choice for a 4WD 1/10 Buggy on loose – dry soil?

Thanx!
I have found Flip Outs to be really good if the track is soft / loose / sandy. (dry or wet). If the track is harder packed with a loose dust / marble layer, then DDs. If its an abrasive base with a dusty top layer, 3Ds.

This is my experience on our tracks in Australia.

Ray
Old 03-31-2014, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys! Love your work.

Hey ray you run splitters outdoor before? Our track is moderately soft, fair bit of fluff on top.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Any very rough eta on when the larger wheel, 1/8 bead style wheels and tires will start launching? I'm just starting up racing 1/10 and I don't want to make a large investment in wheels/tires to have to switch later, I would assume double dees and many other tires ill run are a prime candidate for this type of carcass! I guess if we are weeks out, I can wait if we are months out, I can probably eat it burn em off and be ready for a new set! Any help you can help me make will be useful!! Thank you
Old 04-01-2014, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rregl0612
Any very rough eta on when the larger wheel, 1/8 bead style wheels and tires will start launching? I'm just starting up racing 1/10 and I don't want to make a large investment in wheels/tires to have to switch later, I would assume double dees and many other tires ill run are a prime candidate for this type of carcass! I guess if we are weeks out, I can wait if we are months out, I can probably eat it burn em off and be ready for a new set! Any help you can help me make will be useful!! Thank you
Don't hold your breath it's gonna be a bit is what I heard. I'm sure PW can give a better answer.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:45 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rregl0612
Yes; it will be months before anything production is available. My guess is the wheels will happen first and then the tires. The cool thing is the current tires are easily converted by cutting the bead off. So essentially you can have 1 tire and run whichever wheel setup works best for your track .
Old 04-01-2014, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Yes; it will be months before anything production is available. My guess is the wheels will happen first and then the tires. The cool thing is the current tires are easily converted by cutting the bead off. So essentially you can have 1 tire and run whichever wheel setup works best for your track .
So if I read between the lines here you're saying while we wait we could be running the other brand's wheels but still using our favorite JConcepts tires. Brings up the question of the insert though. I thought that the closed cell insert was different for the new wheel style...and the other brand doesn't sell them seperately so you'd have to buy their tires to get the foam.

Or am I wrong about the CC insert needing to be shaped differently because of the new wheel design?
Old 04-01-2014, 07:40 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
So if I read between the lines here you're saying while we wait we could be running the other brand's wheels but still using our favorite JConcepts tires. Brings up the question of the insert though. I thought that the closed cell insert was different for the new wheel style...and the other brand doesn't sell them seperately so you'd have to buy their tires to get the foam.

Or am I wrong about the CC insert needing to be shaped differently because of the new wheel design?
What I'm saying is the wheels/inserts should be out sooner than later and the tires will be out later than sooner... If you did want to use JC tires today with the bigger wheels already out there, then yes, you will need the inserts too.

Keep in mind that all the teams had these bigger wheels at the Cactus and the drivers still choose the industry standard 2.2 regular wheels and tires There's no magic wand in R/C
Old 04-01-2014, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

But there should be one.... a magic wand that is.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:16 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Captcha
But there should be one.... a magic wand that is.
Stole this from Jason's computer here at JConcepts....

Old 04-02-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Bring it to 301 so we can use it to get everything ready faster!
Old 04-04-2014, 05:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If this has been answered, I apologize. Front tires for B5; Rounders, Rips or groovy. The track has clay mix with dust, and loose dirt. What would be your suggestion. Rear tires are usually Dbl Dees, or a traditional mini pin tire.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:09 AM
Tech Champion

Re: magic wand
I bet if the the jconcepts logo glowed through on the ends while using it, Racers could touch their tires with it and feel magically better about themselves. I'm thinking $18.99 MSRP.

AAA batteries not included.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.