Trader Rating: 137 (98%+)

When will hobby shops have the b5 body's
Old 02-17-2014, 03:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

any word on silver Barcodes?
Old 02-17-2014, 04:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am running the CF ackerman arm with the Alum bell cranks and it just flops around. No side to side play, but floppy up and down. Seems ok in the truck. Is this normal? truck is an SC10....
Old 02-17-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntJeff
any word on silver Barcodes?
Looks like the rear buggy silver barcodes are available on the JC website.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:57 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by qZOMBIEXTUNAp
I am running the CF ackerman arm with the Alum bell cranks and it just flops around. No side to side play, but floppy up and down. Seems ok in the truck. Is this normal? truck is an SC10....
Make sure you CA the outside and inside (bearing holes). Just wet a cue tip with medium JC glue and seal the CF edges with the cue tip. After it dries, you'll have to press the bearings into the carbon and it will be slop free.

When will hobby shops have the b5 body's
They started shipping late last week; depends on when your shop ordered them.

I have decided to try jc tires this. Know my question is what are the tires to carry for out door tracks from lose to medium grip. I have a set of doudble d for my sct. One set of black jacket for my buggy. And one set of double d for truggy. So far. I think I need a tire like the city block and maybe a set of sevens.can I get a little infor or help on what I might be missing.
Sounds like you are running SCT & 1/8th (buggy/Truggy).
Outdoor non-blue groove lose conditions:
SCT = 3D's & DD's
1/8 Buggy = Sub Cultures & Hybrids
1/8th Truggy = Sub Cultures & Hybrids

Hard pack grooved med/high bite conditions:
SCT = DD's & Bar Codes
1/8 Buggy = Hybrids & Stackers
1/8 Truggy = Hybrids & Stackers
Old 02-19-2014, 02:06 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Incubus I'm glad you didn't take a chance and possibly hurt that kid. That's being a true sportsman. It's racers job to keep marshals safe. Crashes cause slower lap time, but some guys expect to be marshaled in such a way that no time is lost. Those are the ones blaming others for their own lack of skill. But it's true that sometimes marshals get in the way or are slow to react. Everyone has their good and bad days

Anyway..........congrats on the comeback to get 3rd.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Actually, I finished behind 3rd.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Are you guys coming out with flip outs for Short course anytime soon ?
Old 02-19-2014, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

PW,

I raced at Coral Springs this past Saturday and was wondering if you guys happen to have footage of my 410 getting clipped coming off the first jump on the back Triple doing a pirouette and landing it perfectly? LOL

That was just a sick jump and I'd love to see it!!! LOL
Old 02-19-2014, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Well good job on making a comeback anyway
Old 02-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Make sure you CA the outside and inside (bearing holes). Just wet a cue tip with medium JC glue and seal the CF edges with the cue tip. After it dries, you'll have to press the bearings into the carbon and it will be slop free.

They started shipping late last week; depends on when your shop ordered them.

Sounds like you are running SCT & 1/8th (buggy/Truggy).
Outdoor non-blue groove lose conditions:
SCT = 3D's & DD's
1/8 Buggy = Sub Cultures & Hybrids
1/8th Truggy = Sub Cultures & Hybrids

Hard pack grooved med/high bite conditions:
SCT = DD's & Bar Codes
1/8 Buggy = Hybrids & Stackers
1/8 Truggy = Hybrids & Stackers
wow i did not think the 3D were an outside tire. Gonna add those to my list did you ever try the black jacket i know they came out last year just as my season ended.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by imrob
wow i did not think the 3D were an outside tire. Gonna add those to my list did you ever try the black jacket i know they came out last year just as my season ended.

The 3ds can be a outdoor tire just i hear mixed results on dry dirt though at least the guys i race with on Higher traction /hard packed dirt there pretty good from what i heard.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man
The 3ds can be a outdoor tire just i hear mixed results on dry dirt though at least the guys i race with on Higher traction /hard packed dirt there pretty good from what i heard.
ok sound like they might be a last tire to get we get lose dirt after about 5 minutes when it dries out.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by imrob
ok sound like they might be a last tire to get we get lose dirt after about 5 minutes when it dries out.

Im just saying the SS Double Dees are Soft are better on that kind of dirt. I have seen somebody use the 3Ds on Hard packed dry dirt with success but its setup and what the driver likes also you know. But i think 3ds are better on higher traction dirt though with hard packed dirt.

Yea here in Northeast the outdoor tracks never stay moist for long inless it Spring time or Fall Summer time forget it lol.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Im just saying the SS Double Dees are Soft are better on that kind of dirt. I have seen somebody use the 3Ds on Hard packed dry dirt with success but its setup and what the driver likes also you know. But i think 3ds are better on higher traction dirt though with hard packed dirt.

Yea here in Northeast the outdoor tracks never stay moist for long inless it Spring time or Fall Summer time forget it lol.
Thanks got some double d already im trying those out in truggy. one pair of black jacket for buggy. and one pair of sub for sct so far all glued up. i figgured if i buy one set for each i can start to nail them down. i tried aka last year did not like them as good as proline. so far my choice are proline and hotbodies megabites but the dont come with foams. so now my 4th year racing hopping jc are the bomb also they are just a little cheaper.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.