Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PW
We will be offering a complete rear upgrade kit for $78 (alloy bulkhead, new graphite tower, and alloy wing mounts). The parts will also be available separately and I think the bulkhead will be $24.

We will also be offering the narrow hinge-pin set for around $30

I believe everything is going through QC and packaging now, so hopefully we should be seeing everything very soon.
Nice! Hopefully we can get the parts before xmas!
Old 11-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just picked up a set of 1/8 Barcodes. I've searched but can't seem to find the difference between mounting the big "Y" in versus out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Mototech
Just picked up a set of 1/8 Barcodes. I've searched but can't seem to find the difference between mounting the big "Y" in versus out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
http://www.jconcepts.net/index.php?/...ail_details/39

google, 10 seconds.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Is it true that the new bulkhead will only work with the jconcepts tower?
Old 11-21-2013, 02:28 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ntJeff
Is it true that the new bulkhead will only work with the jconcepts tower?
Correct; with the added inner camber link holes (for narrow hinge-pin mounts) and lower alloy wing mounts, the bulkhead/tower mounting holes needed to be changed.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

eta for carbon front tower b4?
Old 11-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

So the lower price of the bulkhead is irrelevant, because I would need a new shock tower....

Guess I'll get the ghea one.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:30 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tedstryker
eta for carbon front tower b4?
I haven't heard anything yet.

So the lower price of the bulkhead is irrelevant, because I would need a new shock tower....
If that's the way you choose to look at it. That's the great part about this hobby, we the racers have so many choices.

I personally see it as getting optional parts that gives me more adjustment and a much stronger rear tower and bulkhead (I've seen 2 Ghea bulkheads bent; one on Maifield's car at the Worlds). I also like the option of having alloy wing mounts.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Tech Initiate

PW...Can you provide status of black B4 hingepin braces? JC still going to offer black or only blue? Thanks.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

How does tHat J concepts chassis protector work on the b4.1 I know it sticks on the bottom of the chassis is it really worth the money for it and if you need to get to the screws on the bottom of the chassis I don't see how you would do that without messing up the chassis protector. and once you peel it a way to get to the screws I am guessing it's no longer any good. say if you need to tighten something up or remove the transmission it's hard to do with the chassis protector and does it really protect the bottom of the chassis in the screws I notice on mind that it does rub the track coming of the jumps a little bit thanks for your help
Old 11-22-2013, 07:58 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aeMatt
PW...Can you provide status of black B4 hingepin braces? JC still going to offer black or only blue? Thanks.
We just received them and they are in stock, but the website hasn't been updated yet.

How does tHat J concepts chassis protector work on the b4.1 I know it sticks on the bottom of the chassis is it really worth the money for it and if you need to get to the screws on the bottom of the chassis I don't see how you would do that without messing up the chassis protector. and once you peel it a way to get to the screws I am guessing it's no longer any good. say if you need to tighten something up or remove the transmission it's hard to do with the chassis protector and does it really protect the bottom of the chassis in the screws I notice on mind that it does rub the track coming of the jumps a little bit thanks for your help
It's precut to fit the B4.2 chassis and is peel and stick. There are 2 main reasons people use chassis tape:

1. To protect a fresh chassis and T-plate. Keeps it looking new months/years of use. Makes it nice for resale value .
2. The chassis tape provides a smooth or slick surface to decrease friction between the chassis and dirt surfaces. We don't see this problem much here in FL, but in the smaller indoor tracks up north & mid-west. Their tracks are normally wet/damp sticky surfaces and the chassis can stick to the dirt up the faces of jumps and or hard landings. It also helps from screws snagging the dirt and keeps the dirt from packing in the screws.

I have peeled back my chassis tape a few times to work on the car, but you can only do it a few times when the tape is fairly fresh.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
We just received them and they are in stock, but the website hasn't been updated yet.

It's precut to fit the B4.2 chassis and is peel and stick. There are 2 main reasons people use chassis tape:

1. To protect a fresh chassis and T-plate. Keeps it looking new months/years of use. Makes it nice for resale value .
2. The chassis tape provides a smooth or slick surface to decrease friction between the chassis and dirt surfaces. We don't see this problem much here in FL, but in the smaller indoor tracks up north & mid-west. Their tracks are normally wet/damp sticky surfaces and the chassis can stick to the dirt up the faces of jumps and or hard landings. It also helps from screws snagging the dirt and keeps the dirt from packing in the screws.

I have peeled back my chassis tape a few times to work on the car, but you can only do it a few times when the tape is fairly fresh.
Hideeho
As an end user, I can say the chassis protector does make a big difference in the wear of the chassis. I do have a suggestion though. I noticed on mine, & then compared to other b4 chassis', most of the wear is in the back on the "T" plate. How about including, or selling seperately, an extra precut sheet for just the "T" plate to get extra reinforcement for the highest wear area?

To remove the screws that need to come out, I use an exacto & cut a small circle for the screw to come out. I try to make it smaller the the head & pull it through. When done like this It will be under the screw when it is screwed back in. When I have failed to get it right, I still haven't had much issue with it tearing.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:15 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Waflet
Hideeho
As an end user, I can say the chassis protector does make a big difference in the wear of the chassis. I do have a suggestion though. I noticed on mine, & then compared to other b4 chassis', most of the wear is in the back on the "T" plate. How about including, or selling seperately, an extra precut sheet for just the "T" plate to get extra reinforcement for the highest wear area?
Noted and will mention it during the next project meeting.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hideeho

To remove the screws that need to come out, I use an exacto & cut a small circle for the screw to come out. I try to make it smaller the the head & pull it through. When done like this It will be under the screw when it is screwed back in. When I have failed to get it right, I still haven't had much issue with it tearing.
+1-on both topics
Old 11-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hideeho
Same thing I noticed on 1/8 buggy chassis also, the rear takes most of the abuse. I wish there was something like the chassis protector for 1/8 scale that covered the whole chassis and not just sections like the DE skidplates do. They work awesome for what they were designed for, I just wish there was another option with more protection.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.