R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree62Likes

Old 01-23-2018, 01:23 PM   #9556
mes
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyrcr View Post
You make a F2 body for the EB410 but not for the 22-4, what's with that?
I am not a market analyst, but maybe TLR related sales are not as good as others. It also took a while for the 22 4.0 version to be released.
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:28 PM   #9557
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
Unfortunately the 22-4 platform didn't do all that well for us. Also, with all the newer style 4wd buggies being much easier to work on and working better on the higher bite clay, carpet, and turf tracks; frankly it was an easy decision to move on to the newer more popular vehicles.

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:37 PM   #9558
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
Debuted at the Reedy Race. Check out JConcepts on Facebook or instagram....or just drive down if you are in Torrance.
I did drive down on Sat and watched for a few hours. Will the top mount fan work with the new body??
rvrslt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 06:39 AM   #9559
PW
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrslt1 View Post
I did drive down on Sat and watched for a few hours. Will the top mount fan work with the new body??
We haven't tried it yet, but I don't think it will.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:12 AM   #9560
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Some people will buy an F2 for their 22-4. Every EB410 owner will buy one for that car. Never has a car needed a new body design more.
symmetricon and mes like this.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.

Last edited by Davidka; 01-24-2018 at 08:12 AM.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:13 AM   #9561
Tech Lord

I noticed a few drivers running a body with something like a "fin" from the back of the cab to the shock tower @ Reedy. Is this the "P2" I saw referenced somewhere?

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:17 AM   #9562
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
Some people will buy an F2 for their 22-4. Every EB410 owner will buy one for that car. Never has a car needed a new body design more.
Not exactly true. I would have to be sold that it is lighter than the new light Tekno Body. And in a month or so when the new MIP pan setup ships, what body to use for that?
sea1swk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:23 AM   #9563
PW
Tech Elite

Quote:
I noticed a few drivers running a body with something like a "fin" from the back of the cab to the shock tower @ Reedy. Is this the "P2" I saw referenced somewhere?
Yes; that is the new P2 body and will be available for the B6 and YZ-2 buggies in a few days
Davidka, mes and BK24 like this.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:24 AM   #9564
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea1swk View Post
Not exactly true. I would have to be sold that it is lighter than the new light Tekno Body. And in a month or so when the new MIP pan setup ships, what body to use for that?
My post was more of a joke about how ugly the stock EB410 body is, but I have no doubt that very few owners will stay with the stocker now that there's a much better looking option available.

If you change to the MIP setup, won't you be doing away with the thing that makes the Tekno unique (chassis layout)?

Old 01-24-2018, 01:37 PM   #9565
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
truth.. but the current jconcepts 22-4 body isn't much better looking than the OEM EB410 body, and if you haven't noticed, that 22-4 JC body design wasn't used on any other car. If they match the style of body used on other wheelers, I would buy the JC body over the OEM 22-4 2.0 body. As I'm sure others would. But its hard to pick a car mfg that is going to sell as many cars as AE will.

I would pickup two S2 style 22-4 bodies in a heart beat, and stick with using that body.

I've lost count with how many body options are available for my B6, and I will be buying (2) P2's when available, and an F2/P2 for my 22 4.0
Beau S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:20 PM   #9566
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

anyone run grey ozite carpet with the octagons, 2wd and 4wd buggy? Had a set of golds here from what I could tell and wasn't too big on them, they weren't as sticky as say an aka slick clay. had a very odd feeling, not rubber tacky, almost cardboardish. I would like to give the jconcepts tires a go again as I like the fact there are still good dirt racing tread for stadium trucks available lol.

Anyway, thinking of going with the super soft greens, curious others thoughts on these.

Track rules we don't use carpet pin tires, hence the tire choice question.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:40 PM   #9567
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
anyone run grey ozite carpet with the octagons, 2wd and 4wd buggy? Had a set of golds here from what I could tell and wasn't too big on them, they weren't as sticky as say an aka slick clay. had a very odd feeling, not rubber tacky, almost cardboardish. I would like to give the jconcepts tires a go again as I like the fact there are still good dirt racing tread for stadium trucks available lol.

Anyway, thinking of going with the super soft greens, curious others thoughts on these.

Track rules we don't use carpet pin tires, hence the tire choice question.
Were you using sauce?
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:54 PM   #9568
Tech Initiate

Quote:
My post was more of a joke about how ugly the stock EB410 body is, but I have no doubt that very few owners will stay with the stocker now that there's a much better looking option available.

If you change to the MIP setup, won't you be doing away with the thing that makes the Tekno unique (chassis layout)?
I like to try new setups. At least the corner marshes will flip me over, going the right direction.
sea1swk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:15 PM   #9569
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea1swk View Post
I like to try new setups. At least the corner marshes will flip me over, going the right direction.
I am sure some people have had that issue but the car obviously has a wing in the back...the rear wing is clear as day! No pun intended LOL.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:04 AM   #9570
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
Were you using sauce?
Yes. Used SXT 3.0 the standard version which is common for the track. Other tire brands seem to get tacky, these never felt like that in comparison, just more of a cardboardish feel.

Next race will be next saturday and I think a driver there runs the octagons in green, I'l see if I can compare those to what I had and maybe give those a shot.