Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 07:51 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

PW you don't by chance have any of the tire brushes around I could buy for one of my customers or a possible idea when they will be available again? Those seem to be a hot item. Have to say they do work great.

Thanks
Brian
Old 03-21-2017, 08:08 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
PW you don't by chance have any of the tire brushes around I could buy for one of my customers or a possible idea when they will be available again? Those seem to be a hot item. Have to say they do work great.

Thanks
Brian
The tire cleaning brush or the yellow tire/saucing brush? I don't have any extra laying around, but the tire cleaning brushes are scheduled for April. Not sure about the yellow Dirt brushes
Old 03-21-2017, 08:11 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by PW
The tire cleaning brush or the yellow tire/saucing brush? I don't have any extra laying around, but the tire cleaning brushes are scheduled for April. Not sure about the yellow Dirt brushes
Thanks PW for the quick reply. It was the tire cleaning brush. Actually I personally have both and they work great. Funny but the bristle softness/hardness is just right on those things. Not too soft and no too hard.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:22 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
Thanks PW for the quick reply. It was the tire cleaning brush. Actually I personally have both and they work great. Funny but the bristle softness/hardness is just right on those things. Not too soft and no too hard.
Believe it or not, we actually tested the bristle stiffness...LOL We had 3 different ones to choose from
Old 03-25-2017, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Any news / ETA on the new B6 aluminum front ball stud mounts?
Old 03-25-2017, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
Totally agree, I have tried a bunch of brushes from walmart and stuff and nothing has worked as good as the JC bristles
Old 03-27-2017, 05:33 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tobey457
Any news / ETA on the new B6 aluminum front ball stud mounts?
I believe it's still scheduled for sometime in April.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Paul, just wondering if you could explain when it's a good time to n use spacebars over the dweb on clay? I use dweb now just curious to try spacebars.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:03 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dbracn
Paul, just wondering if you could explain when it's a good time to n use spacebars over the dweb on clay? I use dweb now just curious to try spacebars.
Unfortunately I don't have much experience with Space Bars or clay tracks, but what I have experience is this. The Space Bars have less side bite and take longer to break-in, but seem to be faster once broken-in. Dirt Webs seem to be a safer tire to run with a bigger tuning window.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Any ETA on the 5.5/7 MM combo thumb wrenches. I screwed around at ordering one and now they are out of stock everywhere��
Old 03-27-2017, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PW
JR Mitch just TQ'd and won using a 22-4 2.0 with JConcepts Green Double Dees front and rear at Lake Park this weekend, so that would be a great start . If you want something that will last a little longer, I would recommend green Hybrid rears and green reflex fronts.
Same location (Lake Park), what do you recommend for 1/8 e buggy?
Old 03-28-2017, 07:32 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLinney
Any ETA on the 5.5/7 MM combo thumb wrenches. I screwed around at ordering one and now they are out of stock everywhere��
I've been told early/mid April, so fingers crossed

Same location (Lake Park), what do you recommend for 1/8 e buggy?
I would say the same tires; green Reflexes early and then blue Reflexes once the track dries out. Triple Dees will also be good, but won't get as many runs out of them.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Can you explain a little how the compound affects traction in wet vs dry? I was under the impression that the tread is what affected traction in different terrains and the compound (soft through hard) basically was how pliable the tire was in that terrain.

I see Reflexes come in long wear as well. If I am not a hard core racer and wanted tires to last a little longer could I get away with long wear reflexes?

Looks like Reflexes are all out of stock on your site but I'll wait
Old 03-28-2017, 08:44 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JoeW
Can you explain a little how the compound affects traction in wet vs dry? I was under the impression that the tread is what affected traction in different terrains and the compound (soft through hard) basically was how pliable the tire was in that terrain.

I see Reflexes come in long wear as well. If I am not a hard core racer and wanted tires to last a little longer could I get away with long wear reflexes?

Looks like Reflexes are all out of stock on your site but I'll wait
It's a combination of things; hard packed, loamy, wet, dry, etc... Lake Park is a hard packed surface that relies on a blue groove for traction. In the early hours, the hard packed surface doesn't have a groove yet, so the track doesn't have much grip. This is when you want the softest compound with slightly larger tread. Once the track heats up and dries out, a blue groove will form giving you a tremendous amount of traction. Once this happens, you will need a stiffer compound that will support the car under the heavier cornering loads. This will give you more cornerspeed, make the car easier to drive, and keep it from flipping over.

The R2 will certainly last longer and work great in the warmer/drier conditions.
symmetricon and JoeW like this.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Hi Paul any eta on the Medium Racing bag part #2056

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.