Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Rears big Y out and fronts big Y out is the usual way... tones down the steering...
Originally Posted by PW
The "Y" out is normally more side bite and the "U" out is less.
Thanks guys that's what I assumed but wanted to make sure. Just jumping back into stadium truck, JConcepts wasn't around the first go-round lol
Old 11-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

for the Associated B6/B6D is this the right body that allows you to run it on both the B6D with its stock transmission and with a laydown setup with the spur gear still protected?

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/s2-b6-...dy-w-aero-wing

I am looking for a dual use body that i don't need to special cut and basically have the spur exposed when in laydown form.

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2016, 04:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maifield 2wd nationals setup says that he was using 4wd front inserts in his space bars. Is this the preferred way to run space bars or was that track specific?
Old 11-04-2016, 06:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chr1s
Maifield 2wd nationals setup says that he was using 4wd front inserts in his space bars. Is this the preferred way to run space bars or was that track specific?
So doing this would produce a firmer tire? It may be that he wanted less bite on the front, or needed more lateral stiffness to hold cornering speed without folding over on the rim. I'd be interested to know too whether that was track or car specific. Maybe you can look up the Associated team driver setups and see what they were running.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey all !!! just wanted to run a thought by you guy's, my local track is going carpet, our local hobby town franchise owner Bob got a great big new building and has purchased a ton of the newest CRC Carpet fast track 2, if I'm not mistaken, any who it has caused kinda an up roar as many love the dirt and some are just skeptical as to what tire to run witch is why I'm here, we have a huge stock short course crew and they are afraid the truck wont slide but rather grip like a touring car in fact all the dirt guys are worried about this even tho it can scrub speed, so I dont know if they make a tire that has a little more plastic in it or if a smoothie will suffice I guess I just don know !!! I know I can find genral info but wanted a more personalized view.
and maybe even infulence the making of a harder type tire like the many drift tires out there.

could any one who knows carpet specially this stuff kinda school me as to what tires we should expect to see or use in all classes mainly 2wd and 4wd sct and buggy I know that's asking alot but the information will true'ly be appreciated thanks !!! also the track will have removable jumps as it will be shared with on road if that changes anything.

I guess to be more specific what happens to this material when it breaks in ? will rubber eventually lay over the surface in the corner's ect ect.

again thank's

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 11-04-2016 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PhilipBGreen
hey all !!! just wanted to run a thought by you guy's, my local track is going carpet, our local hobby town franchise owner Bob got a great big new building and has purchased a ton of the newest CRC Carpet fast track 2, if I'm not mistaken, any who it has caused kinda an up roar as many love the dirt and some are just skeptical as to what tire to run witch is why I'm here, we have a huge stock short course crew and they are afraid the truck wont slide but rather grip like a touring car in fact all the dirt guys are worried about this even tho it can scrub speed, so I dont know if they make a tire that has a little more plastic in it or if a smoothie will suffice I guess I just don know !!! I know I can find genral info but wanted a more personalized view.
and maybe even infulence the making of a harder type tire like the many drift tires out there.

could any one who knows carpet specially this kinda school me as to what tires we should expect to see or use in all classes mainly 2wd and 4wd sct and buggy I know that's asking alot but the information will true'ly be appreciated thanks !!! also the track will have removable jumps as it will be shared with on road if that changes anything.

again thank's
On buggies, mini pin rear and stagger cut fronts will be the fastest. Slicks would probably work pretty well on SCT, but once guys start figuring out setups that work with pin tires, they will be faster.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:46 AM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

could any one who knows carpet specially this kinda school me as to what tires we should expect to see or use in all classes mainly 2wd and 4wd sct and buggy I know that's asking alot but the information will true'ly be appreciated thanks !!! also the track will have removable jumps as it will be shared with on road if that changes anything.

I guess to be more specific what happens to this material when it breaks in ? will rubber eventually lay over the surface in the corner's ect ect.

again thank's
Personally i would not choose Ozite style carpet unless i was planning on running a Onroad
program alongside the Offroad. If thats the case all the hard coumpound pin tires are out
since they disrupt the groove layed down by the onroad cars. In that situation you have 2
choices, sauced slicks( primes, smoothies,ect) or foam tires such as Gone Banannas.

If the owner really wants carpet and there are no plans for onroad then i would suggest he
look more at an Olfin fiber EOS style carpet. On that pins and other carpet specific tires are
gonna rule.

For a pure Offroad program I think astro is still the best choice. And as far as SC goes its
gonna take time for people to find the right setup to make them work.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JsK
Personally i would not choose Ozite style carpet unless i was planning on running a Onroad
program alongside the Offroad. If thats the case all the hard coumpound pin tires are out
since they disrupt the groove layed down by the onroad cars. In that situation you have 2
choices, sauced slicks( primes, smoothies,ect) or foam tires such as Gone Banannas.

If the owner really wants carpet and there are no plans for onroad then i would suggest he
look more at an Olfin fiber EOS style carpet. On that pins and other carpet specific tires are
gonna rule.

For a pure Offroad program I think astro is still the best choice. And as far as SC goes its
gonna take time for people to find the right setup to make them work.
first off thanks a ton !!! yes they will be running off road on the same track as on road it will be almost twice the size of our dirt track now unfortunately I don't have a say in the matter but that dosen't mean I wont be bringing this information to the table Im not sure if the CRC Carpet has Been ordered all ready but there moving the store as we speak, every one is upset and I really care about the people I race with, I want it to be as painless as possible and help every one get set up and to stay positive I think there are going to build really nice jumps with proper faces and Landings.

I'm really greatful for the technical info on the carpet and its elements or natural name Ozite so I can self educate, you were right the first time in what you said, so sauce and slicks it is.

when I went to the employees and long time racers they had no answer's for me as they are just as lost on setup and they'll be glad to know this as the carpet is 1300$ every 185#'s and the on road guys are very stoked, thing is the owner has two stores and this new one is going up in our down town area so I think we are going to see a surge of people in every department all the way around the board.

Here's a link to what were getting, again thank you !!! I really Hope J concepts puts out more tire's for this situation or a tire than can simulate the characteristics of dirt for a SCT as that little bit of slide helps a lot.

https://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules....howpage&pid=11

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 11-04-2016 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

for ozite if you can't run pins, like what was mentioned something like a smoothie or run a worn barcode clay compound (orange?) should do the trick, saucing with SXT 3.0 compound.

We also found that on that type of carpet, associated stock tires that come with the SCTs work great, especially as they wear down a bit.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
for ozite if you can't run pins, like what was mentioned something like a smoothie or run a worn barcode clay compound (orange?) should do the trick, saucing with SXT 3.0 compound.

We also found that on that type of carpet, associated stock tires that come with the SCTs work great, especially as they wear down a bit.
thank you for the input.

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 11-04-2016 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:26 AM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

thank you for the input. what are your thoughts on Foam tires on a sct vs slicks ?
Every track is gonna have its own personality depending on temp, humidity, backing, seams
ect. The onroad guys are prob gonna want to go with a spec sauce to keep people from
using crazy homemade brews that can cause lots of trouble.

Best bet would be to get in touch with the guy that makes the Gone Bannnas and ask him how
they work on that CRC carpet.

The track close to me that used ozite was sauce and slicks.

As far as setups go for a buggy, petitrc is the place to start.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JsK
Every track is gonna have its own personality depending on temp, humidity, backing, seams
ect. The onroad guys are prob gonna want to go with a spec sauce to keep people from
using crazy homemade brews that can cause lots of trouble.

Best bet would be to get in touch with the guy that makes the Gone Bannnas and ask him how
they work on that CRC carpet.

The track close to me that used ozite was sauce and slicks.

As far as setups go for a buggy, petitrc is the place to start.
thank you for everything !!!
Old 11-04-2016, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If onroad is going to be run of the same track, myself, if I was the track owner I would not allow any pin type tire for offroad. slicks only or foams. that way your not hurting the surface for unread, of which I do also. A good firm tire with a stiff sidewall will work well. You will have a totally different car/truck setup in relation to indoor dirt and especially outdoor dirt. Shock limiters; lower roll centers; tighter sway bars; stiffer springs for sure.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Front Buggy Wings

I'm sure that it is in the 600+ pages of this thread somewhere but I didn't find anything, other searches leave much to be desired on the topic so...

What dictates when you run a front wing and how does narrow and wide vary with conditions? Primarily I will run indoor but it's not so much a clay-type base, the soft and super soft compounds seem to be the way most go, so that tells me it's not a true clay track.

When I was in the 2wd buggy class before, we didn't have any of today's tricks and options really.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

Hello, which (metric) screws go into the 1:8th scale Inverse wheels and how much are usually used? First time building them, all tips are welcome

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.