Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Since JR Mitch has a 22-4 are you guys gonna have a finisher for it by the tlr release date? It'll pain me and I'm sure everyone else to see the stock waffle body driving around a track... Hopefully something a bit more xx4 ish?
Old 10-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Kave;12611292]
Originally Posted by DKSPLIT96

The video from the worlds said all the parts will come in black or blue.

Sorry the link to the video wasn't working from my phone so I haven't been able to watch it yet.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:52 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wayboarder
Since JR Mitch has a 22-4 are you guys gonna have a finisher for it by the tlr release date? It'll pain me and I'm sure everyone else to see the stock waffle body driving around a track... Hopefully something a bit more xx4 ish?
Yes; we will make a body for it. Not really sure of the design or ETA at the moment.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

The closed-cell foam inserts in my SC Barcodes (gold) seem to wear out really fast. In two of the tires, the foams are dead but there's still a ton of tread left; the other two seem okay, but not exactly peppy. I rotate the tires every time I go racing, so they should be wearing evenly, and I've been using them every Saturday for about a month and a half.

The local shop owner says that it might just be a bad batch of foam that got shipped out. Is that possible? If so, are there S/Ns we should avoid? Other racers say they've experienced similar issues with JConcepts inserts, but not from other brands.

I've been using Barcodes for a long time now, but I might switch to Pro-line or AKA if this is how long the foams last.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey Paul- any current info when the cf steering rack(#2264) will be back on shelves or lhs? Thanks man
Old 10-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Yes; we will make a body for it. Not really sure of the design or ETA at the moment.
Come up with something fresh and new. The cab forward body style is a bit too overdone at this point. Maybe something mid-cab like your scoopless RB5 body! There was some style!
Old 10-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bracket
The closed-cell foam inserts in my SC Barcodes (gold) seem to wear out really fast. In two of the tires, the foams are dead but there's still a ton of tread left; the other two seem okay, but not exactly peppy. I rotate the tires every time I go racing, so they should be wearing evenly, and I've been using them every Saturday for about a month and a half.

The local shop owner says that it might just be a bad batch of foam that got shipped out. Is that possible? If so, are there S/Ns we should avoid? Other racers say they've experienced similar issues with JConcepts inserts, but not from other brands.

I've been using Barcodes for a long time now, but I might switch to Pro-line or AKA if this is how long the foams last.
I frequently re-use the closed cell foams in my cars. Are you washing them carefully? Be sure to just wet the brush a bit and spread the soap around. I never submerge the tire or "rinse" them off. Be sure to vent the tires too (except 2wd buggy front). This will help get rid of excess moisture. Hope this helps.

Mike
Old 10-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Features
I frequently re-use the closed cell foams in my cars. Are you washing them carefully? Be sure to just wet the brush a bit and spread the soap around. I never submerge the tire or "rinse" them off. Be sure to vent the tires too (except 2wd buggy front). This will help get rid of excess moisture. Hope this helps.

Mike
if you aren't rinsing them off how do you get the soapy water and dirt off the tires? Just compressed air?
Old 10-07-2013, 02:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

what's the deal with 2wd buggy front gold barcodes? coming soon?
Old 10-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

I used some green barcodes and the foam didn't fill the tire good, I use all aka foams if I buy jc tires or I just buy aka tires

Originally Posted by mxnickj
if you aren't rinsing them off how do you get the soapy water and dirt off the tires? Just compressed air?
I roll the tread of my tire in water then scrub with a brush and dry with a shirt/rag and its all good, no need to submerge a tire
Old 10-07-2013, 02:14 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Sorry for the issues; please contact us directly for warranty info - [email protected]

Hey Paul- any current info when the cf steering rack(#2264) will be back on shelves or lhs? Thanks man
Being packaged and shipped shorty; not sure of an exact date though.

what's the deal with 2wd buggy front gold barcodes? coming soon
We have them in stock; I will ask for the website to be updated.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxnickj
Most of us just towel them off.

I have a tupperware bowl with a brush glued to the bottom with the brissles facing up. I pour some simple green into the bowl and fill it with water so just the ends of the brissles are sticking out. Before using the tub, I get the big stuff off with a brush and then rotate the tires in the tub against the brissles.
After the tires are clean, I just use a heavy towel to dry them off.
Hope this helps.

mike
Old 10-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Big Features
I frequently re-use the closed cell foams in my cars. Are you washing them carefully?

Mike
wish I could, how do you accomplice ?

My inserts are used up about half though the life of the thread .(Sc bar code gold)

Not intending to be negative, just a problem been experiencing.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Paul, still making the ti turnbuckles for the b4.2? I need to get a set, and the TB wrench.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:54 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Captcha
Paul, still making the ti turnbuckles for the b4.2? I need to get a set, and the TB wrench.
Yes sir

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.