R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-23-2003, 06:34 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Nova racing cooling head, plug fitting??

I purchased the nova race pro head for my hyper 8 port. I noticed that when I put the glow plug in place it does not sit flush with the top of the comustion chamber, it's sitting about 1mm up into the threads. I use the mcoy #8 plug and it does sit flush in the stock head. I need to know if this is going to hurt engine performance and if there is anything I can do to fix it, if need be. I live in a fairly small town and I can't find a machine shop to do work that small and precise. Your help would be appriciated, Thanks.
nitro or nothin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 09:14 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

Does the head have replaceable buttons? If so, it is possible you may need to go get the button for the particular style of plug you are using. I would definitely go ask your hobby shop the next time you visit and see if that is supposed to be like that. It is possible also that you have a case of tolerence stack where your head was machined incorrectly. Sorry I cannot be more specific.
oats77us is offline   Reply With Quote