R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-17-2007, 11:42 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripthreat
Looks good!

Steve, have you run the car yet? How'd it go?
Not bad Frank! Got it working good so far. I had some radio issues on Saturday (broke the trigger on my radio ), and I was a little down on power (didnt get a chance to cycle my packs the day before, I just charged and ran )

The car is coming around, and I'm coming around to the car. Its definately fast in the middle of the corner when it doesnt feel like it.

I'm running Losi shocks, Losi slipper, and the Losi spindles/front wheels.

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:24 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence360
I really like the concept, but man that body just won't grow on me. I would feel like driving a Tamiya down the track. The shape of the body just makes it look really cheap.
I was the same way about the body. The right paintjob goes a long way in the overall look, as well as moving the wing forward a bit. Once you drive it a few times, you'll start to get used to the look.

JK, your car looks good. I may be at JBRL 2 in Bakersfield. We'll have to hook up and compare set up notes I ran JBRL 1 with a XXX-CR in 19T and Exp stock. Hopefully I do as well with the X-6 as I did with my CR

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
Old 04-17-2007, 12:43 PM   #33
TLRacing

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Steve - Glad to hear it is going good! If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.
Also, you have a PM
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:26 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Quote:
Steve - Glad to hear it is going good! If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.
Also, you have a PM
Thanks Frank! PM recieved

Old 04-17-2007, 05:12 PM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Chis-I got you email today, just got back in town from the 1/18Nationals. I didn't have a chance to give it the time it deserves, but will do so shortly.
Thanks Frank.
X Factory SCX-60 chassis #00 & SCX-60CF prototype #1(both retired)
X Factory X-6, X-60CF (prototype #2), SCX-60CF
X Factory - www.xfactoryrc.com
Stickit1racing - www.stickit1racing.com
SpeedyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:27 PM   #36
Tech Regular

I guess your right, the right paint job does make it look better. But I still don't like it. The windows just make it look weird. It looks sleek and all, but just too Nyco LOL. But the car, I like. LOL.
silence360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:52 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

See you there Steve, I should have a new paint by then, just for the heck of it, I changed to some bright yellow and orange...Gotta match my 4wheeler. I will keep this body though, if I cant stand the all the neon, I will drop it back on there....Just have to figure out what I am going to do with all those red rims
jk racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:33 PM   #38
Tech Apprentice

Guys just noticed this thread. Im from australia and have been running an X6 since november last year. Have found a fairly decent set-up and very much like the way the car responds. About 2 weeks ago we had our Australian National Titles and the car was magic all weekend. I managed to make the A final (from TQ to 15th was seperated by 6s) and finishing 8th. Very Very happy. When i get the videos back i will post on you tube. Stay tuned.
wastedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:03 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedracer
Guys just noticed this thread. Im from australia and have been running an X6 since november last year. Have found a fairly decent set-up and very much like the way the car responds. About 2 weeks ago we had our Australian National Titles and the car was magic all weekend. I managed to make the A final (from TQ to 15th was seperated by 6s) and finishing 8th. Very Very happy. When i get the videos back i will post on you tube. Stay tuned.

Good job

Old 04-19-2007, 11:28 AM   #40
TLRacing

Steve, are you gonna make it to JBRL round 2? I won't be there cause the Losi race is the same weekend...
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Old 04-19-2007, 12:13 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Quote:
Steve, are you gonna make it to JBRL round 2? I won't be there cause the Losi race is the same weekend...

I'm planning on it Wouldnt mind going to Vegas to race though, wish I could afford to go.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:46 PM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cpatel529 Send a message via Yahoo to cpatel529

Why are people running the Losi slipper opposed to the Associated Slipper? Just got word that my body is ready and am hoping to finally race my X6 for the first time. I havent raced in about 8 years so it will be VERY interesting.

Chi
cpatel529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:49 PM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cpatel529 Send a message via Yahoo to cpatel529

Anyone know if a titanium screw kit is planned for the X6? Also, I am looking into getting the Losi titanium ball studs. I like them because they have the hex heads and you can remove the ball cups very easy. What sizes would I need for all around the car? Will hopefully post pics of my setup soon.

BTW, I will be racing in San Diego, CA at Family Hobbies.
cpatel529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:39 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpatel529
Why are people running the Losi slipper opposed to the Associated Slipper? Just got word that my body is ready and am hoping to finally race my X6 for the first time. I havent raced in about 8 years so it will be VERY interesting.

Chi
I like the feel of the Losi slipper better. Of course I'm used to the feel of the adjustment since all I've ever ran were Losi's. The adjustment on the Associated slipper feels too touchy for me, it seems to either slip or not slip. But thats just me. And of course, the less AE parts on the car the better!

Old 04-20-2007, 06:01 PM   #45
TLRacing

Ti ballstuds are the bomb. You'll need 5 .250" and 8 .380" ballstuds. Make sure not to get the short neck ones. I know X-Factory is coming out with a trick screw kit, but it isn't Ti. That's all I can say.

As for the Losi slipper, I think it is much more consistent.