R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2007, 06:02 PM   #136
Tech Apprentice
 
PHIL700XCSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 79
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badassrevo View Post
here are some pics of mine,

Doug did you add more weight to your car??????
PHIL700XCSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:38 PM   #137
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,143
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Well today I weighed some batteries. The Orion 3200 lipo is 7.1 ounces and a 15.2 for 4200 nimh. So depending on what lipo you are using your car can be up to 8 ounces lighter than normal. With that much wiehg difference the car has to work differently thats for sure.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:22 PM   #138
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pimping Old Hoes .
Posts: 597
Thumbs up Kinwald in Michigan!

that video was sick,so was that track awesome racing,we have some great tracks out here in cali too!
losidriver70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:09 PM   #139
Tech Apprentice
 
PHIL700XCSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 79
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Well today I weighed some batteries. The Orion 3200 lipo is 7.1 ounces and a 15.2 for 4200 nimh. So depending on what lipo you are using your car can be up to 8 ounces lighter than normal. With that much wiehg difference the car has to work differently thats for sure.
I run a Max amps 6000 and I added 5.75 ounces and it finally helped out the handling alot.
PHIL700XCSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:03 PM   #140
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,143
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL700XCSP View Post
I run a Max amps 6000 and I added 5.75 ounces and it finally helped out the handling alot.
Wow thats alot. Nice that the car works for you. I'm pretty impressed with mine overall. Going to try a little shorter rear camber link. Going to 2b in the rear. I have been running 1b since I bought it.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:28 PM   #141
Tech Apprentice
 
PHIL700XCSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 79
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Wow thats alot. Nice that the car works for you. I'm pretty impressed with mine overall. Going to try a little shorter rear camber link. Going to 2b in the rear. I have been running 1b since I bought it.
What kind of battery and motor are you running,and did you add any weight???
PHIL700XCSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:33 PM   #142
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,143
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL700XCSP View Post
What kind of battery and motor are you running,and did you add any weight???
I have ran both 4200's and the now run the Orion Carbon fiber 3200 lipos. I run the Mamba system and run the 4600 and 5700 motors in my car depending on the traction. Right now I run the 5700 as we are indoors right now and run slicks. I have added about 2 oz of weight.

Not sure what the weight rule is for 2wd buggy but when I weighed it with my lipo my car 3lbs 6.6oz. I have pics of my car one page back but it don't show the weights as those where taken after I bought the car used and rebuilt it.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #143
Tech Apprentice
 
PHIL700XCSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 79
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
I have ran both 4200's and the now run the Orion Carbon fiber 3200 lipos. I run the Mamba system and run the 4600 and 5700 motors in my car depending on the traction. Right now I run the 5700 as we are indoors right now and run slicks. I have added about 2 oz of weight.

Not sure what the weight rule is for 2wd buggy but when I weighed it with my lipo my car 3lbs 6.6oz. I have pics of my car one page back but it don't show the weights as those where taken after I bought the car used and rebuilt it.
What shocks do you run?I run Losi but am more familiar with a.e.The car i got used has Losi.What are your thoughts,thanks.
PHIL700XCSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #144
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,143
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL700XCSP View Post
What shocks do you run?I run Losi but am more familiar with a.e.The car i got used has Losi.What are your thoughts,thanks.
For shocks I think it depends on what you are use to. I have Associated on mine and thats what it came with. I always used Associated shocks and never had problems with them. Many guys like the Losi ones but it the end it is what you are most familiar with it is what I woulde use.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #145
Tech Master
 
jkirkwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,232
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

X Factory had a great weekend up at Trackside this weekend. Kinwald gave Ryan C. excellent competition and it was great watching the close races on LiveRc.com. Ryan ended up sweeping the 3 classes.

Congrats to Kinwald on the TQ in Mod Truck running an XFactory prototype he just built. 2nd place overall in Mod truck and I believe mod buggy.

Also Paul LeMieux with the TQ and Win in 19t buggy driving the X-6.
jkirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:37 PM   #146
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,143
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Woe never knew Paul could wheel an offroad car. Nice to see Kinwald back no matter what he is running.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:08 PM   #147
Tech Elite
 
RC Scoring Pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Elm Grove, WI (Milwaukee area) USA
Posts: 2,010
Default

LeMieux can wheel anything, he runs off-road occassionally.

Kinwald actually was 4th overall in Modified Buggy. He had 2nd locked up until the start of the straight on the last lap, he got tangled up (2nd and 3rd place) allowing Chad Due to go from 4th to 2nd and 2nd overall. LeMieux was 3rd overall.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Midwest_Offroad_Final_Results_2007.pdf (467.2 KB, 127 views)
__________________
RCScoringPro.com

Official software of: ROAR Nationals, IIC, Cactus Classic, Indoor Champs, Reedy Race and Trackside Hobbies in Brookfield, WI!
RC Scoring Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #148
Tech Elite
 
WheelNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Edmonton, Ab
Posts: 3,210
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut
Default

Kinwald was running a truck, hmmmm, interesting! So I would think that means Xfactory has now started working on the X-6 truck? I sure hope so! I would really like to convert my T4 to a X something. Chazz what can you tell us??????
__________________
•Brad Comis
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:26 PM   #149
Tech Master
 
SpeedyDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,410
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelNut View Post
Kinwald was running a truck, hmmmm, interesting! So I would think that means Xfactory has now started working on the X-6 truck? I sure hope so! I would really like to convert my T4 to a X something. Chazz what can you tell us??????
See this thread on the X-Factory forum.

http://www.one-ten-rcforums.com/2wdr...pic.php?id=337

Brian and I built them to experiment with the concept.
SpeedyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #150
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pimping Old Hoes .
Posts: 597
Thumbs up X-6!

Drove a bodies at my local track here in Northern Cali and i was impressed the car handled unlike any other car i've drove it was planted and had mad traction on a loose surface.Awesome car Cliff.

Last edited by losidriver70; 12-04-2007 at 12:28 PM.
losidriver70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
x5 xfactory gone banana R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-05-2008 06:45 PM
WTB: XFactory X-5 or X-6 tarzan5 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 09-02-2008 06:18 PM
x 5 from xfactory gone banana R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 09-02-2008 04:14 PM
Xfactory X5 frank p R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 10-11-2007 06:49 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:49 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net