R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-21-2007, 12:47 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Are the Graphite arms that much better then the plastic arms that come with the rtr and team kit just for racing. All I do with my T4 is race no bashing and am wondering is the extra stiffness from the graphite will make a difference.
redneckracer197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:50 AM   #17
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Honestly, Probably not enough that you will notice for the price.

If you want, i can send you up my graphite ones. I got a full set and then several of one side. Pretty much all new from what I can tell.

I am going to try the RPM arms.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:02 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

GT2 front a-arms and T4 front a-arms ARE NOT the same.

Yes, they will bolt to the T4 front hinge pin brace but you will need to

a. dremel the T4 caster blocks to make them fit the GT2 front a-arms and shorten the hingepin brace or

b. install GT2 front shock tower,GT2 front a-arms, GT2 caster blocks and finally the GT2 steering knuckles

What does installing the GT2 front end on a T4 give you?? I lowers the front inner ball stud a little bit, making the truck push therefore making it so that you can drive the truck harder.
NOT a member of Team Terribles!
d4man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:15 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to corradopsi

i put GT2 front arms on my sons truck because they were cheaper than the T4 arms and more durable. they are the only pieces that i needed to change, i dremeled the hinge pins down to length and you no longer use the spacer behind the caster block. you can use the GT2 caster blocks if you want, i bought them but havent installed them yet, i will when he breaks the stock T4 pieces. just so everyone one knows, it fits well, and makes for a tougher truck. i see no need to use different rear arms, the stock stuff is pretty strong.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:22 AM   #20
Tech Legend

corradopsi: To clarify, these as the regular GT2 arms, not the RPM GT2 arms? Can you post a pic of the arms? How much beefier are they?

I am leaning right now to putting on the RPM arms, but if the GT2 stock arms can be made to work with some dremeling and thats it, I would be more than happy to put those on.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:58 AM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Cain I know you were not asking me but I have experience with both. I would go with the GT2 arms all the way if you are racing. I and a friend put the RPM arms on and they are tough as nails but the truck did not handle so well. I went to the GT2 arms and noticed no difference in normal T4 handling. They are obviously beefier in apearance. They are tougher but not so strong that it will rip the hinge out of the chassis before breaking like I feared the RPM would. The RPM are THAT strong.

While your at it you can also add these and these which are also stronger if you want. I have alloy steering blocks but I added the GT2 castor blocks. It is so nice that the GT2 came out with interchangable parts to the T4 that are strong and cheap.
scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:05 AM   #22
Tech Legend

no problem, I appreciate the advise.

I am more than willing to do the GT2 parts as it will save money in the end. So, can you give me a breakdown of :

1. What I need from the GT2 parts list that is good for durability
2. What modifications I need to do to the T4 to mount the stuff.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:23 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I forgot who but a pro driver for Associated used the GT2 arms, castor blocks, and front Shock tower on the T4.
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:08 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to corradopsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain
corradopsi: To clarify, these as the regular GT2 arms, not the RPM GT2 arms? Can you post a pic of the arms? How much beefier are they?

I am leaning right now to putting on the RPM arms, but if the GT2 stock arms can be made to work with some dremeling and thats it, I would be more than happy to put those on.

all you need are the factory GT2 arms, and a dremel to shorten your hingepins. i bought the GT2 castor blocks as well, but have not installed them yet, because my son hasnt broken the stock ones yet. if you dont want to dremel anything at all, you can buy the GT2 inner and outer front hinge pins. they are direct replacements that are the proper length for doing this conversion.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:44 AM   #25
Tech Legend

Thanks for the info. Any handling issues like bumpsteer problems?

I'll probably just do the arms then.