R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-16-2007, 09:01 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to steven19
Default help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have an associated b4 rtr problem i had was i went to race today and my car now has about a 10 ft. range the car is only 2 races old

also my raven steers its self it again is about 3 races old even when no other controllers are on it seems to just do its own thing as i have very little control over it

please help ive been doing this for almost 2 months and its giving me nothing but troubles now thanks
steven19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:08 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

best advice I can give is ask for help at the track... there should be guys there with experience who can help you try a few things.

If the cars are in the same condition as when you took them out of the box they should work ok without major glitches.

Have you changed anything... different motor.. moved the reciever, etc? Try a new set of crystals... both transmitter and reciever.

really all you can do is troubleshoot one thing at a time until you find the source.
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:21 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Default ...

the guys at the track i dont know if it was just busy or what is was but they werent really too happy to help me as for new crystals i did try new crystals
Old 02-16-2007, 09:27 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

batteries low in radio/controller? antenna broken/bent?
Old 02-16-2007, 09:49 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Default ....

the controller reads that it is still full power as for the intenna it looks to be in tact but i dont know if it might be broke in the receiver?
Old 02-16-2007, 10:07 PM   #6
Tech Adept

Default ....

the controller reads that it is still full power as for the intenna it looks to be in tact but i dont know if it might be broke in the receiver?
Old 02-16-2007, 10:11 PM   #7
Tech Master

what radio are you using? brand wise.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:14 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to weaponx

If you are racing at Trackside, im sure they would be more then willing to help you. I see you are from Milwaukee so I am assuming that is where you race/practice.
weaponx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:17 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Default ...

i race at a-main raceway i live in oregon as for the brand of controller my b4 is the rtr with the xp2 and the raven again was the rtr and came with just the standard 27 mhz sport werks controller
Old 02-16-2007, 10:29 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to weaponx

What exactly are your cars doing? What are the exact problems? Make sure the TX crystal is in the transmitter, and the RX crystal is in the receiver.
weaponx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:36 PM   #11
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

There isn't anyone dinking around in the pits, or worse yet, out around the corner where you don't see them, that might be on your freq? I had that happen. Someone was tuning in the front parking lot and it caused my car to fly off the track and hit the pit shack full bore...

Also, make sure that the receiver and antenae wire are not touching the chassis directly. Two sided tape in between is fine... But, if you have the receiver, or the esc mounted tight up against the side battery rail or some other chassis component - especially with graphite, it might cause a glitching. I learned the hard way... Just replace or change one thing at a time.

Change crystals? Done We're sure they are the correct crystals for your radio system? Some jsut don't seem to work with other brands...
Receiver? RPL or move. Wires aren't bare and touching somewhere??? Run the wire outside the antenae pole and not through the chassis mount ensuring that it does not contact the chassis. Spiral the wire around and secure with electrical tape.

Charge or RPL radio batteries even if they show good - you never know...

Black tape the bottom and sides of the battery tray so the battery posts to not contact the chssis and carry the current.

Black tape the outside of the battery try where your rx and esc are close to the rail when installed.

Servo? Free range of motion? Wires aren't exposed and touching somewhere?

Try a different ESC. Something will fix your issue, and you may never know exactly what you did to fix it... Are you racing inside offroad or carpet?

Good luck!
Old 02-16-2007, 10:45 PM   #12
Tech Adept

Default ...

the b4 has about 10 ft. of range once it exits that 10 ft. i lose all steer and throttle the raven keeps glitching which i think might lead back to the steering servo
Old 02-17-2007, 02:00 AM   #13
Tech Fanatic

you are someone else's frequency. all rtr's no matter what brand come with 27 mhz radio's, fm and am. well in that freq. range there is only six choices. and the better top quality radios drown yours out and you will have the problems you had. make sure before you turn on anything that you ask the guys driving what freq. they are on to make sure there is no conflict. once you eliminate that and you still have problems cal the 1-800 number in your manuals that came with your car.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:52 AM   #14
Tech Master

don't mean to be bothersome, but this website says theres around 12 freq. choices.

http://www.easy-rc.com/radiofrequencies/27mhz.shtml
Old 02-17-2007, 08:37 AM   #15
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to Mike.CL

Hi, first check the electric motor and look if have put the capacitor kit you have to search 3 of them one to positve to case, other negative to case, and one between posite and negative maybe this kit dont come in the rtr or maybe are failing is better to change this 3 capacitor

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPM62&P=7
Mike.CL is offline   Reply With Quote