R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-16-2007, 10:29 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default ****Integy LST frame rail PROBLEMS ****

Just wondering if any LST, Aftershock or LST2 owners out there have had problems with the main chassis frame rails made by Integy?????

If so, pls send me your story with a detailed explination as to the problem(s) and include any pictures along with how you solved the problem or if Integy helped out at all with this problem(s).

As I'm having a problem with the chassis rails and Integy seems to be turning a blind eye to this, and are refusing to help me with it.

Your stories and pictures can be sent directly to my email address in order to not clutter up the forum. But if you'd like to list them here instead, thats ok too. [email protected]

Thanks for your time.
Taqrin

Last edited by Taqrin; 02-16-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Taqrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:03 PM   #2
Tech Adept

What problems are you having? Why do you feel Integy isn't helping you?
sepirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:08 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

I purchased two set of Integy chassis rails, not to mention all the rest of the parts to build two aluminium LST with Integy parts, and when it came time to install the bellcranks and turnbuckles, things seemed a little off. The bellcranks seemed to be sitting a little crooked and once the turnbuckles were installed, I was checking to see if every thing was moving correctly and noticed I wasn't getting much movement left or right and it turns out the turnbuckles are hitting the bulkhead. Once I noticed this I went to my stock LST to check how things are set up on it, and I have everything in the right place, but no steering.

So I started to figures this one out and used the other Integy chassis rails that I have and installed one on a extra stock chassis, using nothing but the Integy rail on one side, everything else is stock. Once this was installed and the bellcrank and turnbuckles in place on both side, I checked for clearance of the turnbuckles and what did I see?? the turnbuckle on the side with the Integy rail hits the bulkhead and the side with the stock rail does not.

So at this point I checked the other Integy rail that I didn't install against a stock rail and noticed that the hole for the bellcrank pin is not drilled in the same location as on the stock rail. Its aboutt 3/16 of an inch out from stock, putting it closer to the bulkhead end of the rail, and at a different angle, thus making the turnbuckles hit the bulkheads.

Now I've also tried using Integys aluminium bellcranks on the extra chassis with the one aluminium rail, along with the Integy turnbuckles. and neither part made any differance, the turnbuckles still hit the bulkheads.

Now I have one all aluminium LST almost compleatly assembled at this point, but have yet to start on the second one untill I get this fixed.

I have taken many pictures of both the aluminium LST and the stock chassis with these parts installed as a log of this build for my own records.

Now about Integy.

I contacted Integy explaining my situation and at first all they did was offer me a discount on thier over priced parts from thier website, but made no attempt to rectify the real problem, so I addressed them again with some pictures and they said I had the turnbuckles installed wrong(no room to install wrong), so I sent them more pictures and a more detailed description and they then said I have the bellcranks on wrong(they will only go on one way because of the servo's).

I've been trying for over a week to get them to see the real problem, but they seem to be turning a blind eye to this one, saying I've installed the parts wrong.

So this is why I'm asking if others have come accross the same problems with these chassis rails. At $60.00 a set, they should fit like a glove and if there is a problem, one would like to think that Integy would stand behind thier product and fix the problem, not offer a bandaid and hope the problem heals itself.

I've added a couple pics to show what I mean.
Attached Thumbnails
****Integy LST frame rail PROBLEMS ****-dscf0039.jpg   ****Integy LST frame rail PROBLEMS ****-dscf0038.jpg   ****Integy LST frame rail PROBLEMS ****-dscf0042.jpg  
Old 02-17-2007, 09:44 AM   #4
Tech Initiate

Further posts at http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...56#post3039356
Old 02-22-2007, 08:51 PM   #5
Tech Initiate

bump! See Video

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-28-2007, 12:37 PM   #6
Tech Initiate

bump!
Old 02-28-2007, 02:22 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to J C F D

Post this question on a forum that knows the truck inside and out.

http://lstforums.com/forums/index.php Tell them flashover sent me to get some LST info.

Hope you figure that problem out. I HATE integy.

Originally posted by shawn17 :

"All the real woman died in my generation

And my neighborhood ain't gay!"
J C F D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #8
Tech Initiate

bump!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Dude...seriously...LOL...just what do you want us to do for you?

Why don't you just go register "integysucks.com" and make a cheesy website? It would probably do you more good than beating it to death here on this website...in the wrong forum.

Yeah, we get it...Integy sucks. It's not like 75% of the people in here thought they were super-awesome to begin with.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #10
Tech Initiate

I'm looking for people who have come accross the same problem, Integy thinks I've installed something wrong and won't fix the problem, So if I can find others with the same problem, Then maybe Integy might take me a little more
Old 03-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #11
Tech Initiate

I'm looking for people who have come accross the same problem, Integy thinks I've installed something wrong and won't fix the problem, So if I can find others with the same problem, Then maybe Integy might take me a little more serious.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:51 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I don't have an LST, but I had similar experiences with my B4.

Integy's hop-up parts and customer service are the worst in the business.

Send back all your bling and spend your money on stuff that increases performance as opposed to buying crappy hop-up parts that decrease performance. (I had to learn the hard way too...)

BTW, Integy sucks!
Leodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:16 AM   #13
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqrin
I'm looking for people who have come accross the same problem, Integy thinks I've installed something wrong and won't fix the problem, So if I can find others with the same problem, Then maybe Integy might take me a little more serious.
Then why don't you post this stuff in the monster truck forum where the monster truck people hang out?
Old 03-03-2007, 03:33 AM   #14
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
Then why don't you post this stuff in the monster truck forum where the monster truck people hang out?

What differance does it make? This does fit under the catigory of "Nitro offroad" seeing is, it does run on "nitro" and it is a 4X4, so I guess that would make it "offroad".......Why do you care so much as to where this post is listed??? ......didn't know they had forum police!
Old 03-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Because your whiny BS is just about the same as spamming phone sales guys. It's lame AND inappropriate for this forum.

You keep bumping it like Integy is suddenly gonna go "OOPS!" and fix your problem...you're mistaken. Move on with your life. It's a toy car.

I'm done giving your nonsense free bumps.