R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-21-2008, 07:57 AM   #46
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdoctor View Post
Cool... but we know RB FIVE trolls the mamba threads
yea they are hilarious ! ^read above......
Old 05-21-2008, 09:49 AM   #47
Tech Regular

I bought a LRP sphere 07 version for my XXX4G+ and it is making me crazy.

I can't turn off the drag brake. All the "initial" and "auto" brake settings are set to 0 but it still locks them down everytime I let off the throttle.

I wish I would have bought a Mamba for this thing.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:55 AM   #48
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdoctor View Post
Cool... but we know RB FIVE trolls the mamba threads
True he might patrol the Mamba threads but I know I always check out threads on products that I don't care for. Sometimes I post on them and sometimes I don't. I really think its natural to post on stuff we don't care for.

I know for me I have no problems with my Castle stuff but many other have no problems with LRP, Novak, Speed Passion and so on. On the other hand some have had problems with the same brands so I guess all in all every product has problems. The internet seems to make the problems out to be bigger than they truely are.

I will say most of the problems I find on products are users not following the directions and lack experiance to trouble shoot the problems. Some other times it is truely a product malfunction but still 90% of the stuff that comes into the shop is user error and not the products.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:52 AM   #49
Tech Regular

sry dbl post
Mister-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:53 AM   #50
Tech Regular

A mamba max in a Racer car, the sky is falling on this thread !

Mister-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:51 AM   #51
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0w View Post
I bought a LRP sphere 07 version for my XXX4G+ and it is making me crazy.

I can't turn off the drag brake. All the "initial" and "auto" brake settings are set to 0 but it still locks them down everytime I let off the throttle.

I wish I would have bought a Mamba for this thing.
Yea you gotta send it back, there was a bad batch. I am sending my 2wd back cause i think i may have a slight DB issue.

Call them and tell them you got a bad out of the box and they will turn one around pretty quick.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #52
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
True he might patrol the Mamba threads but I know I always check out threads on products that I don't care for. Sometimes I post on them and sometimes I don't. I really think its natural to post on stuff we don't care for.

I know for me I have no problems with my Castle stuff but many other have no problems with LRP, Novak, Speed Passion and so on. On the other hand some have had problems with the same brands so I guess all in all every product has problems. The internet seems to make the problems out to be bigger than they truely are.

I will say most of the problems I find on products are users not following the directions and lack experiance to trouble shoot the problems. Some other times it is truely a product malfunction but still 90% of the stuff that comes into the shop is user error and not the products.
+1
Old 05-21-2008, 01:17 PM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
No not really it's not about beating me, it's the fact that it takes time to know what your doing to develop a feel for things and this includes set-ups as well.

It's not liek i have superior feel to others it's just that over time you develop better understanding of what your equipment does. To assume everyone on here is at the same level would be nieve (sp?)
that didnt answer the real question i asked. you answered a slam but you didnt answer to the "feel". if you have this "feel" and know what the adjustments are you can give a far better answer than what you do/did LOL. i know ALOT of drivers who drive eachothers buggies and tell the newbs what there escs need more and less of and or do a propper set up. i have seen novak guys help mamba guys and vice versa. as far as adjustments go after initial set up from a lap top everyone i know adjusts it without a lap top at the track......
22 SCT 2.0 Exotek Hobbywing 3.1 Stock Spec Fantom
Tekno 410SCT Hobbywing ProSC
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #54
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenlife View Post
that didnt answer the real question i asked. you answered a slam but you didnt answer to the "feel". if you have this "feel" and know what the adjustments are you can give a far better answer than what you do/did LOL. i know ALOT of drivers who drive eachothers buggies and tell the newbs what there escs need more and less of and or do a propper set up. i have seen novak guys help mamba guys and vice versa. as far as adjustments go after initial set up from a lap top everyone i know adjusts it without a lap top at the track......
oh respectively speaking i have trouble putting it into words what i felt in each corner but like i said before it kinda felt steppy or pulse like not as linear. it's not rough, just kinda soft then hits with the power. like i said it's hard for me to put into words.

Looks like you race nitro anyway..... rah rah rah ring ring around every turn lol
Old 05-21-2008, 04:31 PM   #55
Tech Regular

Quote:
Yea you gotta send it back, there was a bad batch. I am sending my 2wd back cause i think i may have a slight DB issue.

Call them and tell them you got a bad out of the box and they will turn one around pretty quick.
Call who? I posted on their message board and got nothing.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #56
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0w View Post
Call who? I posted on their message board and got nothing.
Go on www.rc10.com

under support tab click repairs and service.

there is a lrp section print the form. Fill it out and mail the sphere back.

the tel # is on there too. speak with the techs and tell them it "was a out of box failure and you can't stand the drag brake" it's a known issue they will and send you a brand new tested one.

My buddy had this issue.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:44 PM   #57
Tech Master

Quote:
oh respectively speaking i have trouble putting it into words what i felt in each corner but like i said before it kinda felt steppy or pulse like not as linear. it's not rough, just kinda soft then hits with the power. like i said it's hard for me to put into words.

Looks like you race nitro anyway..... rah rah rah ring ring around every turn lol
i race electric started racing electric in 83. dont care much for buggies though because i race on a track that also does 1/8th scale. i also own a t4
22 SCT 2.0 Exotek Hobbywing 3.1 Stock Spec Fantom
Tekno 410SCT Hobbywing ProSC
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:57 PM   #58
Tech Apprentice

so i have a mamba on the way ! it was shipped on monday. I am running a spektrum system... so odds are I shouldnt have a glitch right?? its going into a t3
jrwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:17 PM   #59
Tech Regular

Quote:
Go on www.rc10.com

under support tab click repairs and service.

there is a lrp section print the form. Fill it out and mail the sphere back.

the tel # is on there too. speak with the techs and tell them it "was a out of box failure and you can't stand the drag brake" it's a known issue they will and send you a brand new tested one.

My buddy had this issue.
Thanks
Old 05-21-2008, 09:36 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Quote:

Sounds like the punch control was set too high. That can make it feel like a turbo lag, or rich bog... where there is not enough off the line, and then the power comes on too hard once it does hit.

I would not recommend much over 50-60% punch.

btw, one of my buddies (good racer... very picky about everything lol) is now a Sidewinder system and loves it. He ran a Mamba briefly when they first came out and switched back to LRP. He just didn't like the Mamba then... but now he thinks the SW feels very good, and he's had no issues at all so far.
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote