R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-20-2008, 07:11 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott54 View Post
99% of racers don't need features on their esc?
I never said that, now you're putting words in my mouth. I said nobody needs things like expo curves, or bringing their laptop to the track.

It is like talking to a 5th grader.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:19 PM   #32
Nik
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just because you dont have the option of tuning an adjustment doesn't mean its useless.

And again, where did you read you NEED a laptop to program a mamba?
Old 05-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #33
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQC049 View Post
My argument is that it is overly complicated with features that 99% of the racers out there do not need.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #34
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
I never said that, now you're putting words in my mouth. I said nobody needs things like expo curves, or bringing their laptop to the track.

No worries bro, I was so happy to try the mamba and it felt chitty. There's no point..... Your a fanboy when you recommend 3 different alternatives.

Still not roar approved.....
Old 05-20-2008, 08:17 PM   #35
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pserve View Post
In my case, the problem was that "blue box". It was an Airtronics 75Mhz FM Synth receiver. I put a Spektrum in shortly afterward and everything has been fine since. The layout and wiring is still the same.
well im happy ur all good now, i had same problem till i got a speky
rjs_13203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:23 PM   #36
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs_13203 View Post
well im happy ur all good now, i had same problem till i got a speky
Funny thing is spektrum got me back into the hobby. I used to race nitro touring cars and i hated waiting for practice time or the clip to get my motor warmed up and ready for racing. I love spektrum.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to blue.coupe

Spektrum 2.4 GHz fixed the glitching...and as far as all this other stuff.. This sounds like Domestic V/S Imports
blue.coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:59 PM   #38
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pserve View Post
Just put a MM5700 in my XXX-4 yesterday and I seem to be getting glitches now too. While screaming around the track, it occasionally seems to slam on the brakes for a split-second. I can hear the belt skip when that happens, so I checked the driveline and couldn't find anything else that could be causing it. My radio is 75MHz FM.
If you really cured it when you replaced your receiver with a spectrum, I am glad for you. I was never that lucky. I owned two mamba max systems, one 5700kv and one 7700kv, ran spectrum pro receivers as far away from power wires and the motor as possible, exzes plus digital radio, lipos, only running the best equipment, and never fully got rid of the cogging, hesitations that happened. I noticed it especially when I was running oval. Just all of the sudden out of nowhere, it would hesitate, and cause me to go off course, run into a barrier or whatever.
High Desert Raceplace, Grand Jct CO, Sanwa Exzes Plus Stick Radio, Spektrum,Thunderpower 230g, Modified Tri-Nut Novak GTB2, Ballistic 4.5t 550, 5.83lb SCTE Ten, Novak Sentry Brushless Dyno, Crossweight Setup Station, Junsi 20A power supply Icharger 20A Charger,TP610C, 22B, Novak Edge, Novak 13.5, SC10, Havoc Pro SC XDrive, Ballistic 17.5 Matthew Joseph Cordova
mattnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:12 PM   #39
Tech Addict

luv my speky dont have to really worry about anything, though mine is old(dx2) still seems to do the trick. never had a problem
Old 05-20-2008, 10:20 PM   #40
Nik
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Heres a little 'secret'.

The number one cause for cogging are the bullet connectors between the motor and esc. The old ones were crap and would arc and create mega resistance. I eliminated the plugs. guess what... no problems
Old 05-20-2008, 10:23 PM   #41
Tech Addict

ah never knew that
Old 05-20-2008, 10:47 PM   #42
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yup, Nik's got it exactly right. I changed those too.
pserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:18 AM   #43
Tech Elite

Quote:

As usual, the Mamba bashers miss the point and don't listen.

The programming features can be used IF you like... to make it feel like YOU want it to. I personally think that RB FIVE could have dialed it in to make it suit him better.

It's the same as other brands... a Novak or LRP can feel like crap too if you have it set up "wrong". It will run, but it won't feel good.

Right now I have a Speedpassion GT in my T4 and an LRP Sphere in my B4 where it has been for over a year. I have a Mamba in my 4wd and have run it in the track and buggy too, as well as all my 1/8 stuff.

You boys need to stop assuming "we" are all just ignorant and blind... and don't know better.

And I DON"T recommend it to everyone... but it's a viable option for those who don't care about ROAR and don't mind using 21st century technology like a laptop, and don't have to have what the guy next to him has.

It's not for everyone... fine. Go run something else and be happy. Why do find it necessary to keep posting on all the Mamba threads? Forum police? Savior?
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:26 AM   #44
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdoctor View Post
As usual, the Mamba bashers miss the point and don't listen.

The programming features can be used IF you like... to make it feel like YOU want it to. I personally think that RB FIVE could have dialed it in to make it suit him better.

It's the same as other brands... a Novak or LRP can feel like crap too if you have it set up "wrong". It will run, but it won't feel good.

Right now I have a Speedpassion GT in my T4 and an LRP Sphere in my B4 where it has been for over a year. I have a Mamba in my 4wd and have run it in the track and buggy too, as well as all my 1/8 stuff.

You boys need to stop assuming "we" are all just ignorant and blind... and don't know better.

And I DON"T recommend it to everyone... but it's a viable option for those who don't care about ROAR and don't mind using 21st century technology like a laptop, and don't have to have what the guy next to him has.

It's not for everyone... fine. Go run something else and be happy. Why do find it necessary to keep posting on all the Mamba threads? Forum police? Savior?
Actually, this is the first Mamba thread that I have posted in. I've stayed out of these arguments because they always seem to go nowhere....Like this thread.

That being said, I have my opinion, you have yours. Lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:47 AM   #45
Tech Elite

Cool... but we know RB FIVE trolls the mamba threads
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote