R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Worth going with an MF2 right now and experiences going from AE to LOSI? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/149486-worth-going-mf2-right-now-experiences-going-ae-losi.html)

Cain 02-13-2007 10:34 AM

Worth going with an MF2 right now and experiences going from AE to LOSI?

I am thinking of picking up an electric truck for this years racing. I figure it will also give my daughter a chance to have some RC racing fun as well when I bring her with.

Is it worth picking up a Losi truck with a XXXTCR probably coming out soon?

I used to run RC10T4s but want to try Losi, What will I notice that is different going from the T4 to the Losi?

Thanks

sepirts 02-13-2007 10:50 AM

The MF2 will be a very competative platform for a long time. Even with a probable XXXT CR looming. Most folks I know are running the XXXCR steering rack on their MFs, or have tried it anyway.

The biggest differences between the two trucks are the diff and shocks. The Losi shocks seem to last much longer between rebuilds. The AE diff seems to last longer. But the Losi diff is very much a "set it and forget it" item - but if it isn't built right, you will blow it out. The AE diff seems to be more forgiving.

Both the T4 and XXXTMF2 are the top of the class. You wouldn't go wrong with either.

Aaron Waldron 02-13-2007 11:25 AM

Cain, you can e-mail me any time with any questions about your MF2 :)

Drift_Buggy 02-14-2007 01:17 PM

I would wait for the CR to come out. MF3 has been out for nearly 3 years now (not that I am saying it isn't competitive anymore) but the new design is just around the cornor

Cheers

xxx-ntad2 racer 02-14-2007 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
I would wait for the CR to come out. MF3 has been out for nearly 3 years now (not that I am saying it isn't competitive anymore) but the new design is just around the cornor

Cheers

typo??? mf2 you mean.

it's up to you. i have a bk2, the cr (for buggy) has been out for a little while and i still smoke the cr's. you wouldn't go wrong with either mf2 or cr.

Drift_Buggy 02-14-2007 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by xxx-ntad2 racer
typo??? mf2 you mean.

it's up to you. i have a bk2 and the cr (for buggy) has been out for a little while and i still smoke the cr's. you wouldn't go wrong with either mf2 or cr.

Yes sorry MF2, only just gotten out of bed after a late night.

Cheers

kdub 02-14-2007 01:35 PM

Both are good trucks and both have drivers willing to give you support on this site and others like rc10b4.com

If you went by wins alone, the T4 won the 2006 Cactus Classic, Losi Race, ROAR Mod Nats, Hot Rod Shootout, and Reedy Truck Race.

We run the same basic T4 setup everywhere and it tends to work really well.

Cain 02-14-2007 03:08 PM

Thanks. With RPM releasing arms that may work with the T4, I may have to reconsider it even though I haven't been happy with AE's customer service as of late.

gatermaxx 02-14-2007 04:10 PM

The XXXTCR might not be out for 8 more months. I am seriously considering getting an MF2 and putting the CR steering rack on it. I run a T4 with a big RPM bumper and had no armm issues, til the bumper broke. I am also in process of switching my T4 front end to the GT2 front end. Going to run both and see what I like better.

checkama1 02-14-2007 04:54 PM

Anyone on here know if you can put the rear hubs from xxxcr on your mf2 withput screwing up geometry any help would be apperciated..thanks :sneaky:

skrivitz 02-14-2007 07:02 PM

yes I have the rear hubs and they work fine

o.s. power 02-14-2007 09:46 PM

You can put cr hubs on your mf2, but it will widen the rear of the truck 2.5 mm each side. It doesn't seem like much, but my truck was never at its full potential until I put the stock hubs back on was like, whoa, that made a huge difference. Stick with the stock hubs, get the updated rear tower though!

Cain 02-15-2007 09:45 AM

Thanks for all the info guys. Curious why the XXXTCR is not out yet or in the process of getting out soon, I wonder if it has something to do with the EA3?

No matter, i think i will just wait some more and see.

Vegaspilot 02-15-2007 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by o.s. power
Stick with the stock hubs, get the updated rear tower though!

Speaking of updated MF2 rear tower, did Losi also update the rear buggy graphite tower, or can you only get the buggy one with the extra holes in EA3?? Anybody know?? Aaron?? Thanks

trebor 02-15-2007 05:50 PM

i know you can get the graphite towers for the t4!