R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-17-2003, 04:29 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Which one? XXX-4, XXX-T MF, or XXX KE?

What do you guys think? The XXX-T MF will have loads of competition and the buggies won't. I've been thinking about this for days. I just can't choose! The XXX-4 will be the most expensive and won't have any hop-ups, the XXX will be cheapest and include all hop-ups, and the XXX-T will cost $10 more than the XXX and include all hop-ups.
mr. chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 08:25 PM   #2
Tech Regular

have you raced anything before? or will this be your first car or truck.
xxxtracer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 07:31 PM   #3
Tech Adept

I've raced E-Maxx class a lot and need a little more competition than my cousin. I've only been in four races, 3 heats and the A-main. It was REALLY hard to qualify.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:07 PM   #4
Tech Regular

the xxxt would probly be the best bet in my opinion, since the xxxt will be like your maxx. a xxx will be next on the list and if your track is anything like my local track they only race mod xxx4 and a mod may be too fast on a track which would lead to more broken parts and thats not fun.
xxxtracer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 01:38 PM   #5
Tech Regular

The XXXt will be by far the easiest to get the hang of, followed by the xxx, then after you get some experience, you can go for the xxx4, They are fast, and if you hit things, they will break, Get used to the truck first, then progrees on...just my .02
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 11:55 PM   #6
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to rallyweapon

It was the XXXT MF or XXX4 for me last Xmas. Couldn't decide also but eventually went for the XXX4. My previous ride was a XXT CR. I guess I wanted a different category. Great car, sure is fast. Broken the rear diff but that was my fault. The kit came with extra towers and arms.
rallyweapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 03:40 PM   #7
Tech Adept

I was going to buy a used xx-4 worlds but the local shop sold it before I could get paid and buy it. I think I'm going to get a xxx-4 now. What do you think?
Old 04-02-2003, 06:52 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic

You would have fun with any of those 3 choices. You might want to check out the track you're going to be racing at to make sure there will be a good class for you. I went with the xxx-t mf over the xxx ke because it was red, and reds cool. But I also wanted a truck because they have more suspension and the front shocks are protected. I was also considering the xx worlds kit but i would have to rebuild all of my packs to saddle. If the xxx-4 were out I would of gotten that. Four wheel drive is awsome! So to answer your question, I think the xxx-4 is a great choice.
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 09:37 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Talking

The parents got me that used XX-4 for my Birthday! It has graphite rear arms, chassis, and a blue aluminum front bulkhead. They STILL haven't let me go buy the electronics though.
Old 04-13-2003, 08:12 AM   #10
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Well that's not much fun..Well the xx4 is still fast,just hard to work on.Good luck on the the electronics.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 09:48 AM   #11
Tech Adept

For this car, I made a saddle pack out of two dead Dynamite packs with Deans Pro 3 bars and the old connectors. For equipment, I used a Novak Fusion ESC, Hitec Agressor servo, transmitter, rx, and a Trinity Speed Gems Pro Titanite 15t dbl. motor. Not a great deal of top end with my 16 tooth pinion, but this car's gearing is dialed for the local in-door track. Now I just need help with the suspension. When you let off throttle at top speed the car steers stupidly well. Much better than I expected from a supposedly wimpy standard servo. Overall, I love this car! P.S. : Green springs front, pink rear, PL Hole Shot tires, front end is a little too soft. Tuning tips, anyone?
Old 04-17-2003, 09:51 AM   #12
Tech Adept

One other thing: this car is much easier to control than everyone said it would be.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:58 PM   #13
Tech Adept

Last night at Xtreme Hobbies, I raced for the first time with this thing. I was racing against a XX-4 with a twelve turn triple, with Tom Manning, an experienced RC- and full-size car racer behind the wheel. Lost both heats, won the Main because his car went off the track and he told the marshal to just leave it there because it was having problems. He whipped me on the straights, but the turns was another story with the soft dark green springs on the front of my car. As for my E-Maxx, I got beaten badly by my cousin, Shaun Morgan, and his Titan 550 motor powered Stampede. Unlike Tom, he beat me quite easily in the turns, especially in the first heat. Before the second heat, I took a last-minute chance to change my heavy toe-out into toe-in, allowing him to beat me by one lap instead of five. I felt sorry for the marshals for the MT class. By the way, its an indoor track. Overall, last night was a blast. Me and my buggy have come a long way since yesterday morning.
Old 04-19-2003, 12:09 AM   #14
Tech Fanatic

Yer lucky you had a good night. My night sucked!!!!! The first thing that happened was my Hitec 625mg servo started to kill itself, it was glitching and drove me into the wall and wouldn't center itself right . So thats like 50 bucks down. And then I smoke my p2k motor , so thats 28 bucks more down. That was all just in practice, then in my first qualifier, I turn some of my fastest laps on that track and then my monster horsepower starts smoking (it was really smoking, it was flaming !!!!!!!!!!, and there was a big trail of smoke out of the back of my car, it was cool while it lasted ). So I had to pull my car out of that race. So thats $0 down, cuz that was a motor that I saved from some other guy who almost smoked it and then I had to dig it out of the trash . So then a guy gave me his monster stock for the next qualifier, and my battary decided to quit after like 15 laps and then ran at an quarter of the normal top end for 5 more laps. But when we took the car off the motor was really! hot. . So then I got some other guys esc in my car cuz they thought that might be the problem, but when they were doing that they found my reciever was doing some wierd things too. So in the main I had one of my best packs (a 3300mah) and then right before the start I get a hung brush so I got that fixed. But during the main the car had no power , and a guy thougth that might just of been the motor. Oh and another thing, one of my nicer 2400's got shorted some how too . So I left my car at the track and a guy said he would work on it and try to figure it out. I really hope my reciever is the problem and not my esc. So all in all, I didn't have to good of a night .
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 12:52 PM   #15
Tech Adept

Sounds EXTREMELY frustrating. I kinda feel sorry for you.