R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Off-road EC and WC in the future (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/149250-off-road-ec-wc-future.html)

Christer R 02-12-2007 12:29 AM

Off-road EC and WC in the future

Does anyone know where the Off-road EC will be in 2008 and 2009. and where the Off-road WC will be in 2009?
Denmark is building up on the off-road front again, and I want to know the possibility to join the international racing, after some years at the Belgium Grand Prix.

Best regards
Christer Rasmussen

Wouter.Z 02-13-2007 04:12 AM

hello Christer,

I dont think that the dates and venues for 2008/2009 are known.

See you at the belgium GP.

wouter zwijnenburg

oople 02-13-2007 04:22 AM

The dates for the next years euros at the current euros never seem to be really known - just rumours. So I guess a real descision isn't made yet.
We are coming to the Euros this year again - maybe the worlds (to report/photo/watch) but I don't know we can afford it.

WheelNut 02-13-2007 09:42 AM

The 2009 offroad worlds will be somewhere in North America. The location won't be announced until after this years worlds in Japan though I'm sure. Some of us Canadians were thinking about perhaps trying to get the worlds in Edmonton, and hold the race in West Edmonton mall (the largest shopping mall in the world), setting up the track in place of the hockey rink within the mall. That would be really cool, although I highly doubt it will happen, you can always dream though right? :smile:

Frank Root 02-13-2007 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by WheelNut
The 2009 offroad worlds will be somewhere in North America. The location won't be announced until after this years worlds in Japan though I'm sure. Some of us Canadians were thinking about perhaps trying to get the worlds in Edmonton, and hold the race in West Edmonton mall (the largest shopping mall in the world), setting up the track in place of the hockey rink within the mall. That would be really cool, although I highly doubt it will happen, you can always dream though right? :smile:

The worlds won't be in North America again till 2013... :cry:

Aaron Waldron 02-13-2007 10:58 AM

Are we pushed out of the rotation? '91 was in Detroit, '97 was Ranch Pit Shop, '03 was Florida, that would mean it's back here in '09?

AzBobby 02-13-2007 11:06 AM

I would to be able to put something together for it to happen in the new Cardinals stadium in AZ. we could control the climate if needed, and since it is usually in july that would be needed. or in the Coyotes stadium since it is under more control of the city and they are easier to deal with in bringing events to their city. they are right next door to each other anyways. Aaron since you jumped into this thread would i need to frist appraoch ifmar for an application to have the worlds at any location?
or de we need to first start with roar to then go to ifmar with a roar backing?

Aaron Waldron 02-13-2007 11:24 AM

You would have to go through ROAR.

oople 02-14-2007 04:02 AM

2001 South Africa - rest of world
2003 Florida - north america
2005 Italy - europe
2007 Japan - Asia

so next one is rest of world again - I heard south america maybe?

spenner 02-14-2007 04:21 AM

On the EFRA web site it is showing as RMC Wien in Austria have applied for the next 10th Off road Worlds and On road the following year.