Hot Bodies Cyclone D4 EP buggy >

Hot Bodies Cyclone D4 EP buggy

Hot Bodies Cyclone D4 EP buggy

Old 03-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bobf24
I like the servo saver design on this car,
I like the servo saver on my BJ4WE. HA!
Consider the fact that in this day of ultra sophisticated engineering talent there are finer and finer points of innovation. Look at F1 (here I go again). Biggest design budgets in history, and arguably the most open competition rules in motorsport. But do any of those cars really look much different? Did McLaren copy Ferrari when they revised their front wings? You pretty much need to go back to the late 60's before you see any innovative design attempts in open wheel racing (and most of them SUCKED). It is refining and development of materials that wins you a race. Oh and driving your ass off.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Funny stuff is found on this Forum if you look (http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1686)
Old 04-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

nice...
but I'll wait after the worlds to get one..
if it wins.. the World's Edition will probably be released with all the option parts.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The only thing that may be a plus is that the arms may be tougher than the BJ4. I remember guys with the HPI pro 4 that crashed all the time in 2x4 walls and never broke anything. The TC3s and Losis did not fair as well.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I had one of these cars in-hand at the RCX show this past weekend. Hara's car was there as well. The display "kit" car had all the exact same parts as Hara's car. Car felt very light (no electric equipment at all) and suspension was smooth. I liked the shock design and execution, but like other shock brands (Losi and AE aside) spring selection scares me. Drive train felt very free also. Not to sure about the kit tires (if those will be them, same as their 1/10th nitro car). I have read it will fit the HB wheels (which look compatible with either Kyosho or Academy, just need to know offset) or other "popular" offroad wheels (can only imagine Losi/Proline). Car does appear to be a knockoff of BJ4WE, but with subtle changes. I have to agree, once a winning combination is found, only innovations you may see will be small, if that (F1 example). If the design isnt broke, dont fix it, refine it.

Would like to see pricing information, and know which local hobby shops are going to carry this car. I am very interested in it.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jk racing
I had one of these cars in-hand at the RCX show this past weekend. Hara's car was there as well. The display "kit" car had all the exact same parts as Hara's car. Car felt very light (no electric equipment at all) and suspension was smooth. I liked the shock design and execution, but like other shock brands (Losi and AE aside) spring selection scares me. Drive train felt very free also. Not to sure about the kit tires (if those will be them, same as their 1/10th nitro car). I have read it will fit the HB wheels (which look compatible with either Kyosho or Academy, just need to know offset) or other "popular" offroad wheels (can only imagine Losi/Proline). Car does appear to be a knockoff of BJ4WE, but with subtle changes. I have to agree, once a winning combination is found, only innovations you may see will be small, if that (F1 example). If the design isnt broke, dont fix it, refine it.

Would like to see pricing information, and know which local hobby shops are going to carry this car. I am very interested in it.
Pre-Order for the D4

And few more shots of this buggy

Steve Wang
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone D4 EP buggy-dscn9662.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone D4 EP buggy-dscn9663.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone D4 EP buggy-dscn9664.jpg  
Old 04-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

So, what wheels will fit on this car? And the $479 est. price
Old 04-22-2007, 01:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking

its here!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Where is here? And what is the street price?
Old 04-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
Do you guys need some setup help? Tebo's nats setup works great. I would reccomend running diffs only in the car, with a rear swaybar. To all those interested in a shaft oneway, the car is easier to drive, but no faster.
I wished you guys would have been this helpful when you missed my number to buy a BJ4!
Old 04-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bigb11
I wished you guys would have been this helpful when you missed my number to buy a BJ4!
Sometimes the outgoing e-mails get blocked by anti-spam software. Send an e-mail to [email protected] and Jason will take care of you.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

everybody from the earlier page 1 posts needs to stop!
I already have this buggy.
Its called my HPI Pro 4!
Who cares if they borrowed ideas from one car or another. Thats they way it is for everything.
As far as I can see, all Current Touring cars came from the 415 design.
Does that make the Xray, or Cyclone or Corally or Schumacher etc, etc any less of a car?
From what I remember, the Pro 4 was in development for years before it came out in February of 2004.
If anything this looks more like a Pro 4 with the layout and such borrowed from a BJ4.
Thats not a copycat. Thats just a compliment as far as I'm concerned.
HPI/HB did a lot of leg work and development from the Pro4 to the Hara Pro 4 to the Cyclone to the Cyclone WCE.
How can anybody say they just stole it?
Kudos to the BJ4 for one hell of a car and Kudos to HPI/HB on taking it further in their own way.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Default JUST ARRIVED

My Cyclone D4 arrived from the champ today 45570 Yen Looks good to me
Old 05-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZERO DEG
My Cyclone D4 arrived from the champ today 45570 Yen Looks good to me
what was your total with shipping?

And does anybody know if the internal ratio is the same as the pro4 2.43?

Last edited by bigb11; 05-04-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

got my D4 on friday and built it on saturday. went together with no issues.

great tips at

http://www.google.com/translate?u=ht...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

ran it at st ives on sunday (89 worlds track in Aus)

car is great. similar to my BJ but with even more direct steering.

only issue I had was the diff screws. They snap easily. one whilst I was adjusting the diff and one mid corner on the track!

Replaced them with another part and had no more issues all day.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone D4 EP buggy-image024.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone D4 EP buggy-image026.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone D4 EP buggy-image027.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone D4 EP buggy-image029.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone D4 EP buggy-image030.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.