Wiki Posts
Search

GO MOTORS!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default GO MOTORS!!

Go=AWESOME. last night was my drive on a go motor. what a great powerband. very easy to drive, its hard to find a motor that has both torque and top end. but man this baby was awesome and i ran a 7 port on a very tight travk in a r/c pro series race. even went with a 14 clutch bell, with a track that times were in 25.5 to 26.3 range, a point a shoot track didn't think i could get by on the 14 or a 7 port. it tunes a bit different than most motors, due to the design(taper) of the needles but once it is in, OH WOW. you can get them through Amain hobbies and for a price right at 200 for the 7 and 185 or so for a 5 port, how could you go wrong. i suggest you try one out.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AzBobby
Go=AWESOME. last night was my drive on a go motor. what a great powerband. very easy to drive, its hard to find a motor that has both torque and top end. but man this baby was awesome and i ran a 7 port on a very tight travk in a r/c pro series race. even went with a 14 clutch bell, with a track that times were in 25.5 to 26.3 range, a point a shoot track didn't think i could get by on the 14 or a 7 port. it tunes a bit different than most motors, due to the design(taper) of the needles but once it is in, OH WOW. you can get them through Amain hobbies and for a price right at 200 for the 7 and 185 or so for a 5 port, how could you go wrong. i suggest you try one out.

Dont forget where you got it.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Amain sells the 5port for 199.99 and the 7port they will have soon will sell for 209.99 but everything else you said was absolutely correct. Oh and they are very easy to tune the one you got was just way way off tune.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Yeah, and the USA distrubitor is a reall cool cat too.. Always willing to answer questions. Truly an awesome motor for the price.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rocket sorry about the price thing. even still for that money you can't get any better than a RTR motor. and this is better than my 5+2 port rossi motor. and faster. to give all of oyu a comparison.

No i won't forget Flybywire. Thanks for helping me out.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Russell at Racefactor does a great job. TKO has the Go engines as well. They will be back in stock next week. www.tkocompetitiondev.com
Old 02-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FlyByWire
Yeah, and the USA distributor is a really cool cat too.. Always willing to answer questions. Truly an awesome motor for the price.
I can agree with that completely, Russell has been great to me with the questions I have had since getting the engine from him in October. He gave me a chance to be one of the 1st few (one of the 1st 5 he sold i believe) to buy one from him in the states and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

I can't wait to get more races in this year with my Go 5 port.

In case you haven't seen the dyno results in the exclusive section, for the Go 5 port that Russ was kind enough to supply, here they are again.