R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-16-2007, 09:31 AM   #46
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Aaron- thank you for the response, I understand the position you are in with Losi. I have a question for you on the 8ight, what area off the car could use some development? Would you be able to test shock towers?

Thank you for all the posts, I really appreciate the input.
Matrix Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #47
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have a set of front and rear shock towers on the way for my 8ight...I'll let everyone know the outcome.
peakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:48 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Here is what the eight needs.
-It needs a set of chasis braces that can be adjusted to offer very little flex like the alum. ones, or a lot of flex like the plastic ones while weighing as little as the plastic ones.

Now, to tackles the reason behind using a cf chasis.
The simple one is that the alum. chasis is the heaviest thing on the car and also one of the heaviest things on the car. Why were the heavey things put in the middle on the eight? If you can't move the heavey thing to the middle then make it lighter. You can use a lexan scrape gaurd to protect it.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:20 PM   #49
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Peakman- you won't be disapointed. We have torture tested these towers. We have other carbon items coming down the pike soon too. We are going to build the chassis in the near future, we are just finishing each part as we can.

I'll talk to you soon.

We will be releasing new items shortly.

Thanks
Matrix Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:53 AM   #50
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix Concepts
Peakman- you won't be disapointed. We have torture tested these towers. We have other carbon items coming down the pike soon too. We are going to build the chassis in the near future, we are just finishing each part as we can.

I'll talk to you soon.

We will be releasing new items shortly.

Thanks
Do you have a website or picture of your shop? interested to find out more.
revooxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:58 AM   #51
Tech Rookie

I think the main reason of not seeing the carbon fiber chassis or kit buggys are simply for the price of cost. If included a carbon fiber chassis on kit buggy I am sure the price of buggy will soar up really high. As far as after market parts, there are just not enough quantity of one single model buggy in the market to be worth the manufacture to invest into moldings and inventory. Also, with a aluminum chassis being tough enough, the percentage of ppl changing their chassis to carbon fiber.

One really good example is the Revo chassis by Vantage, I think they make that chassis simply because it's the hottest selling truck and thus creates enough demand.
revooxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:31 AM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

There are plenty of companies that sale aftermarket 1/8th scale buggy chasis. Those things get worn out, people will need to replace them eventualy. If you put down a chasis that can last a season and will improve performance then I'm sure you can find a market for it. However, I think there is a better market for a product that will act as a alum. chasis brace or a plastic chasis brace depending on how it is set up.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #53
Tech Regular

ran the graphite towers last night without any problems, also ran a mock 15 min main to check the brakes for fading, worked great from start to finish, actually had to adjust them looser because they grabbed to much......look for more great graphite products coming soon..............
Old 05-21-2007, 12:03 AM   #54
Tech Regular

some new products coming soon...........
Old 05-21-2007, 06:12 AM   #55
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I tried a CF chassis plate on a mini inferno I didn't care for it at all. I had been racing the car for about a year before I tried the CF plate and it went from an easy driver to a pogo stick on wheels. I tried all kinds of setup variations and could never get the car settled without the suspension being too soft to handle jumps. It might have been workable had I switched to li-po's and worked on the front/rear weight bias with a motor flip, but I didn't want to chance spending the money for new cells, charger, etc., only to find it didn't help. My other concern was the wear on the bottom. We race on a clay/sand track scaled for mini's and the sand was cutting the CF to pieces. The stock tub worked well enough so I just went back to it.
fhm555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:24 PM   #56
Tech Regular

ran the new graphite ackerman plates today and they have eliminated the slop in the steering....ran about 4 tanks before the rain ran us off with no issues what so ever
Old 05-22-2007, 07:31 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

It has been done before, I ran a carbon fiber chassis on my Kyosho Turbo Inferno in the early 90's. I think I got it through Tower Hobbies. The car handled great and there was les chassis flex but it delaminated quickly. I was living in Japan at the time and the tracks were very rough and abrasive they used crushed sea shells mixed in with the dirt it would eat a chassis in a few weeks.
badassrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:39 AM   #58
Tech Regular

Old 09-11-2007, 02:40 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMike View Post
I don't see Losi or Kyosho (or anyone else) investing in autoclaves & all the other stuff they would need to do it right.
You don't need a car-sized, megabucks setup to do RC stuff. You could do probably 100,000 1/8th buggy chassis in a full-sized autoclave...LOL...you know they make little ones, right?
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:17 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Inlay some titanium where the motor mounts.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote