Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY XB8EC THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by n.e.r.d
actually i'm just curious, why did Xray move from carbon fiber parts (servo tray, ctr diff mount plate and steering plate) to metal ones? orig XB8 --> TQ and EC

durability and stiffness i guess?
but other buggies eg mbx5 are still using carbon fiber...

juz fyi, i used to run an mbx5 prospec and had the steering plate crack (hairline) twice. even then i've just switched to d 5R cos i like the handling of the mugen (don't bash me ).

but i've to agree that Xray cars are exceptionally well made. gd parts fit and tolerance. love the machining, d metal parts look damn gd, sumthing tt d japanese companies wld not do...
and the hudy spring steel used are great (just tt they're expensive).

they (and RB) need more than juz gd drivers for the next worlds,
they nd the LUCK! (esp yannick)
I agree, but what happened to the vowels??????????
Old 02-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

vowels? as in A E I O U??

sorry did not know that i am supposed to spell everything in full when posting in this thread...

if i has written in wrong grammar, would i be penalize too?

back to the thread...
Old 02-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

yh whts wrng wth typng lk ths?

Sheer laziness I tell you!
Old 02-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

just an FYI for the guys talking about the "shock pistons being round"

take a look at the pictures looks like some new and bigger bore shocks to me
Old 02-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

More marketing bs. Are any of these changes going to be noticeable on the track? NO!

If the shocks are bigger, it's not by much, maybe 1/2 a millimeter ?
Old 02-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

bigger none the less and therefor requiring new shock pistons, bigger shock pistons
Old 02-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

and eddy if you dont like it dont run it no one is making you and just because you dont "think" it will help doesnt mean it wont. i personally have run bigger bore shocks and for your information the DO make the car better.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

If I didn't like the car, I wouldn't have put xray in my name

Xray makes a great car, but if you really believe that these trivial changes will be noticeable on an offroad track, good luck. "THe most tunable car ever". Sounds appealling doesn't it?

What I'm saying is that this car will handle no differently than the first Xb8. Moving the lower arms fore or aft 1mm, moving the engine a few mm , will make a difference, but not enough for ANYONE to notice. I don't care who you are, your not going to notice those changes on an offroad track in which the surface changes on every lap.

It's reminiscent of Kyosho and the 7 different variations of their 1/8 buggy in the last 4 years.

punkracer24- what "bigger bore" shocks have you used?
Old 02-07-2007, 02:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

didn't know that some of the guys here can be so particular about how posts are written...
and it all started cos i was abbreviating some words.

i wanted to post my frank opinion regarding the xb8 and this is what i get in return, being called lazy and all?
maybe it's because i'm driving a Mugen?

by the way, i'm not making enemies here...
and i do admire Yannick Aigion, it's just that he's had no luck in the past 2 worlds.
kudos to XRay for hiring such an amazing driver.
and all the best with the xb8ec for the upcoming season...

ps- this shall be my last post here, ciao!
Old 02-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

N.E.R.D. - take it with a grain of salt. I was just busting your chops. I had 2 mbx5's before my 2 xb8's, both great cars. The Mugens didn't wear as well as the Xray, but that's just my opinion.

I think I'm done posting here ( Im sure everyone will thank me) as I have voiced my opinion, probably way too many times.

I'm still looking forward to possibly getting the Xt8, even if they do come out with a Euro edition 5 months later.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This notion that Xray has released more than one car per year has to be dispelled. The Original XB8 was followed up by the TQ a year and half later, and this new EC trails the TQ by one year. Not 5 months, not 6 months, not half a year a full year, which is more then enough time for more people that race a lot to pound their buggies into the ground. Xray is not releasing new cars at any higher rate than Kyosho, so everybody needs to stop complaining about it.

Does anyone know how much bigger the bore on the new shocks is?
Old 02-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

The O.D. (please excuse the abbreviations, haha!) is exactly 1mm larger than the TQ.

BTW, if you change everything as Xray has done: Move motor and fuel tank back, go to bigger bore shocks, get more steering throw and droop out of the car, its like driving a completely different car (and this is from personal experience)...

Xray doesn't make 'trivial' changes, they are a company based on racing, so if there is something that makes the car go faster, you can be sure they'll do it!
Old 03-10-2007, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

So when's this supposed to hit the stores? It's either this or the XT8, just have to see what everyone else is running.

I know I bashed the car for it's "trivial" changes, maybe they'll help maybe they won't, but you can't dispute the quality of Xrays cars.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

But damn, that car's a beauty. Somehow, I don't understand but how does it feel to get a beautiful X-RAY XB8EC done up and end up with tons of scratches and wear and tear after a day at the track? Everytime I see a knick on my buggy, I feel my insides squirming...Or if I got a flip and scratched the heatsink...I know buggies are meant to be driven hard and take all the knockings but dang, I hate to see such a nice buggy becoming beat up. Afterall, I'am not team sponsered or have loads of cash to change a new car after every few races....
Old 03-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

can i use the new big bore shocks with the original XB-8 no what i mean is the first released XB-8 not the TQ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.