R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-30-2007, 03:06 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

go to ofna.com and search there products. ultra mbx comp seems to be a good buy but it's a dated model. plus ofna electronics they put in there buggies are not very good but i still recomened you look at there stuff. you might end up finding a good used ofna buggie. also check out the cen matrix.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

also the thread that revo523 gave ya is a nice buggie too. good ofna product.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:45 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice

ohh... so the ones on ebay for $200 that "goes over 60 mph" are garbage, and a GOOD one will never go that fast?
RCn00bHelpMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:53 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/for/268439089.html

hows the center buggy?

i emailed him, and he said he wanted about 380 (would haggle), and it could go 50 something mph
Old 01-30-2007, 04:55 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

how bout this?

"I got this from a buddy a long time ago, so I know very little about it. This is a pretty serious RC car. He said it was all the best parts. It is chain driven all wheel drive, with long soft suspension travel and knobby tires. Made by Kyosho. It needs a battery, and that is it! It is fast, and handles really well. It is in pretty good shape, with a few marks from use. E-mail for more pics or with questions."

60 bucks!
Old 01-30-2007, 04:59 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

anyone know anything about any of these cars?
Old 01-30-2007, 09:29 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to J C F D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCn00bHelpMe
how bout this?

"I got this from a buddy a long time ago, so I know very little about it. This is a pretty serious RC car. He said it was all the best parts. It is chain driven all wheel drive, with long soft suspension travel and knobby tires. Made by Kyosho. It needs a battery, and that is it! It is fast, and handles really well. It is in pretty good shape, with a few marks from use. E-mail for more pics or with questions."

60 bucks!
Don't buy that , Like stated above go to your LHS and ask them . If you buy that car or any other "no name" RC off eBay or somewhere you will hate it the first time you try and start it. Also check your LHS maybe they know a reputable customer that is selling a used RC. I just picked up a full race revo for 400. Back up parts for every part on the truck. I'm not even into nitro any more but it was a deal that I had to act on. He is also selling a baja for 700 .

Originally posted by shawn17 :

"All the real woman died in my generation

And my neighborhood ain't gay!"
J C F D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:42 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

that kyosho should be a pretty good car, HOWEVER, one thing about buying used off the internet, you never know exactly what you get.
-Where do you live at? If you live in the Seattle area there are over a dozen Hobby shops to help you out.
-LHS=local Hobby Shop
-RTR=ready to run
-Like everyone has said GO TO THE HOBBYSHOP and see what they have for parts and kits.
-The cheapest fastest thing out there is exactly that, cheap and fast, cheap stuff usually ends up costing more because you break so much more often, and you will end up having to get more expensive stuff faster. -Personally, I do not think a 1/8 buggy is the best car for a brand new driver, these are highly tuned racing machines, and require a fair bit of both engine and chassis tuning. Monster trucks are easy to learn on, not as fast, can do as much as, or more than, a buggy, not quiet as stout on occasion, but parts are usually cheaper, and can be found about anywhere. These are ALL going to be RTR. RTR buggies are usually lower quality materials to make them reasonably priced.
-This is all my opinion, and can be worth as much as you want it to, but at least what it cost you,
Rod
gatermaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:34 PM   #24
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to J C F D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatermaxx
-The cheapest fastest thing out there is exactly that, cheap and fast, cheap stuff usually ends up costing more because you break so much more often, and you will end up having to get more expensive stuff faster. -Personally, I do not think a 1/8 buggy is the best car for a brand new driver, Rod
I agree 100%

Originally posted by shawn17 :

"All the real woman died in my generation

And my neighborhood ain't gay!"
J C F D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:45 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A nice !/10 Stadium Truck will do ya just fine
GPM BLUE ALUMINUM A-ARM SET U/L
ACNCM ENORMOUS COOLING HEAD
INTEGY SWAY BAR KIT
VANTAGE HX5 TIRES

Micro baja
Micro raminator

ALUMINUM PIVOT BLOCKS
FULLY ADJUSTABLE C/C/S
LOWGEARED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:34 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

your extreemly limited if you want a GOOD buggy fur under $300. and if you are just bashing, a truck would be better in my opinion. the kyosho is a great buggy, but like stated before, its used, meaning you dont know how it will be. go down to your hobby shop. they will hook you up right.

heres a good buggy for a good price, i was considering one but decided to go 4wd electric instead.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAXV1&P=ML

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:38 PM   #27
Tech Initiate

if your just lookin for a basher go JATO. period. cheap, exiting, durable, easy to tune, good performance, engine replacement plans ect. ect.
Racing Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:42 PM   #28
Tech Apprentice

My mom seems really interested in this with me, so i think she may pitch in some $$$$.....

so can you guys gimme some good ones under $500 RTR?

i want 4WD Nitro Buggy RTR.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:49 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

check out the link i showed you. ofna makes a great product. that plus all the stuff you will need for it(fuel battery, charger, etc...) it will add up around $400

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:16 PM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Also street you recommended this one for me once before I decided to go with the (xxx nt sport) great deal free shipping too! Copy and paste it to your http:!!!!!

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=OFN34957!1007&color=N%2FA&size=N% 2FA&subsize=
GPM BLUE ALUMINUM A-ARM SET U/L
ACNCM ENORMOUS COOLING HEAD
INTEGY SWAY BAR KIT
VANTAGE HX5 TIRES

Micro baja
Micro raminator

ALUMINUM PIVOT BLOCKS
FULLY ADJUSTABLE C/C/S
LOWGEARED is offline   Reply With Quote