R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-29-2007, 06:14 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Where did I once say that it was lock to lock? And that's a way to respond? It just show's how mature some people are on these boards.

Thank you very much for your consideration and the input on these boards but maybe you'll be better off not responding to anyone else's post's with that kind of response.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:25 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yikes!

Anyway, back to the question...I have a 9000t on both the steering and throttle on my str and sp2...they work great and they have a 3 year warranty! With that warranty, it is like everyone is sponsored! I ran all season (4 major races and many club events) and had one servo go bad in the last club event of the season(throttle of str). I sent it to JR in Champaign, IL, they sent it back 2 weeks later with no charge. The gears were worn too and they fixed that for free while they were at it. Very good servos but they are very expensive. Service is very good too.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:36 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay0k
I would've suggested a DZ8450 from JR, but the gears stripped so easily in my 8ight (both steering\throttle), I just couldn't deal with it anymore. I use JR's Z9000 servos, a high torque one for steering and a high speed one for throttle, and I've had no problems with them after a club race\weekend long race.
I had one of those DZ8450 strip out too. Sent it back to Horizon Hobby and they not only replaced the gear but replaced the pot also and the best part was that it was at no charge.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:06 PM   #19
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutracing28
there are some isues with the eight and its linkage right now. they have pulled all the rtr's from the shelf about two weeks ago to correct it and it has been eating steering and throttle servos like fuel.
That is incorrect. Yes there have been some servo issues but any changes to be made are going to be running changes. Phone Losi yourself and ask them. No buggies have been recalled and production has not stopped.

Your first post proved your lack of knowledge and credibility. This post proves you're a clown. Thanks for coming out junior.
HobbyWing
Hyperion

Last edited by Aaron Waldron; 01-29-2007 at 07:20 PM.
SUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:19 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Kcdzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutracing28
Thats exactly what i said. once the servos start moving they are all the same in speed. those reaction numbers are from the transmitter to the servo. not the speed of the servo itself. maybe i didn't write it clearly enough the first time.

Not to repeat Sumo.... but how completely off your nut ARE you?? While microprocessors in servos may play a role in "reaction" time, it's negligible compared to even the lag in radio reaction time. As far as the servo arm moving at the same speeds, you are completely misinformed. In fact, I'd be willing to bet (though I admit I don't know for fact) that the 9000t and 9000s are completely identical in components except for final gearing of the servo. If you can change the torque in a servo by changing gears (which you can) there is NO way that the speed would remain unchanged. This is physics, BASIC physics. Read a book!
Kcdzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:26 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Whoa whoa, what the heck? I fail to see how this got EVEN CLOSE to the point where profanity is used. I appreciate those of you who remained level headed and I thank you for your patience.

wingnutracing28, your attitude is inexcusable. You have no right to impose the behavior you've displayed on this forum on any of the other readers here, and your language violates not only the member agreement of this forum, but simple decency for your fellow RCTech members. Don't do it again.

And for what it's worth, you are 100% wrong. About EVERYTHING you've posted on this thread. Do not insult other members (even if you ARE right) and DO NOT DRAG A MANUFACTURER'S NAME THROUGH THE MUD just because you have a keyboard in front of you.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:38 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok, so back to the business at hand.

So the general consensus is that you want a high speed servo on the throttle and a high torque servo on the steering? I would have thought it to be the other way around but I'm still very much a noob to pro buggies (haven't even got mine yet). I'm looking at either the:

Aitronics/Sanwa 94359Z ERG-VX High Torque Alum. Heatsink Servo
200 @ 0.1

or,

Aitronics/Sanwa 94360Z ERG-VRX High Speed Alum. Heatsink Servo
125 @ 0.07

Which servo would you reccomend on which duty? Would two VX's be fine for both steering and throttle?
Old 01-29-2007, 07:46 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

its all preference...i personally run 9000S's in both steering and throttle. i like the speed .06 speed and don't care about torque. some like strong brakes..aka torque..some think a fast steering makes it harder to drive. just try it and see what you like..btw been running both those servos in my 8 for a while with no issues.

kyle

OS Speed Engines
Futaba
Panther Tires

CRCRC Raceway Webmaster
FullThrottle Raceway Webmaster
KForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:49 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Two VX's would be fine. My personal preference is one speed and one torque. You want speed but the buggy tires are kinda heaevy. You want 200in/oz's at a minimum in my eye's. A minimum of 100in/oz to still have enough torque to engage and hold the brakes, with some speed on it for the reaction time. And the stronger you go, the heavier your thottle return device needs to be to close the carb in the event of mechanical failure.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #25
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I went with the 8800 series as they seemed more practical to me. Does one really need more than 200oz in a buggy? Truggy and MT I could see.

One downfall of the 9000 series is that there is a service bulletin out for them.

http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Sup...odID=JRPS8611A
HobbyWing
Hyperion
SUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:01 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
And the stronger you go, the heavier your thottle return device needs to be to close the carb in the event of mechanical failure.
Not really true. Let's take two servos, a JR DZ8450 and a JR Z590m. The DZ8450 has 188oz of torque and the Z590 has 85oz. Which do you think is easier to pull back when you lose power?

It's the DZ8450 hands down. I have used both as a throttle servo and I use a very light spring with the DZ8450 which wouldn't even budge the Z590. (Coreless motors have much less resistance than cored motors.)

Notice I said "when you lose power" and not mechanical failure. I have had servos fail mechanically (not the linkage) where they froze up and no spring made could have returned it to neutral. Also you attach the TRS to the throttle arm of the carb and not to the throttle linkage so if the linkage pops off the TRS will close the throttle.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #27
Tech Elite

You are absolutley correct on this Arecee. I have had some smooth analog's, but nothing as smooth as most of the digitals I've owned.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:18 PM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok, thanks guys, I'll probably just go with two VX's then.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:27 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

I'm not sure what went on in here today. but rest assured the admin. has been contacted about it. in the hopes that it can be fixed.
AzBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:16 PM   #30
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to J C F D

I use futaba 9451 for throttle and airtronics 94361 for steering on my buggy.

Originally posted by shawn17 :

"All the real woman died in my generation

And my neighborhood ain't gay!"
J C F D is offline   Reply With Quote