R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-03-2003, 12:06 AM   #121
Tech Master

Last edited by manokgt4; 07-03-2003 at 08:53 AM.
manokgt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 12:24 AM   #122
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

RTR...
THeGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 05:31 PM   #123
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by uDi_MP7.5
PS.. off topic.. anyone run a WS7 II that they can compare to other motors?
Yes, it is a beast. The most powerful engine i've ever seen or raced against. I've pulled Novarossi P5s, CMBs, Sirios and the rest with this thing. So far I've only done 2 meetings with it, pole and 2nd in the A first time. Then 1st in the A the following meeting, and it's only just starting to loosen up Very good efficiency too. I've got more power under my thumb (stick radio!)than I can handle and I run it with the restrictor in!

A beautiful engine with performance to match and a cooling head the size of a small muffin
LouisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 05:35 PM   #124
Tech Regular

Here are a couple of pics

Old 07-08-2003, 06:40 PM   #125
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

nice buggy

i have p5 and i love it the only other engine i would even consider buying is the ws7 2

where do you race it sounds like your the local fast guy?
Old 07-08-2003, 07:24 PM   #126
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT

Is it true that there in Europe it is illegal to overtake in jumps? Why do you guys race in grass?
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 05:23 AM   #127
Tech Regular

The local club races on 3 different tracks, one dirt track and 2 grass tracks. I'm not really that fast but the engine has helped a lot. I prefer dirt, it's just more fun and the jumps are bigger compared to grass.

I think grass is popular in Europe because of the number of racers. There are more people into R/C in the US so the clubs are larger and can afford permanent tracks but the majority of UK clubs are not large enough to afford their own dirt tracks so they use feilds and hoses to mark out the tracks. But, there are some proper dirt tracks in Europe where the clubs are big enough. It may also have something to do with the weather, dirt gets muddy in the rain where as grass gets slippery and as there's a lot of rain it's easier to run on grass.

There's very little space round where I live, which is a Island about 60km square with a population of 60K. Land is incredibly expensive everywhere and fields have to be left alone which completely rules out converting them to dirt tracks.

TambokGT, I've never heard of that rule
Old 07-09-2003, 02:24 PM   #128
Tech Elite

I read is somewhere in SGRID. They were talking about that Worlds race at Furuland (sp?) somewhere in Finland or something......they say it's illegal to jump to high......don't know if it's true or not.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:55 PM   #129
Tech Regular

Weird, maybe there was a particularly massive jump causing a lot of accidents or something No rules like that over here
Old 07-09-2003, 06:34 PM   #130
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i guess we are lucky here in USA

my local track is really pretty nice its in a county park but the track property was bought from the county by the club which has been incorporated as a not for profit business this year

last year we were just using county property now it belongs to the club so i think it will be there for a very long time

we only have 2 dirt tracks i know of in Maryland the one i go to is very popular and we usually get 70 entries or more per week

the other track is smaller and behind a hobby store mainly they built it so the t-maxx and offroad guys would have a place to play but ive been kinda hearing they are starting to get some decent racing going on there also

we had a REALLY NICE track last year that was built in someones yard but it closed because he wasnt able to operate a business like that at home what a bunch of BS

i really wish i lived in CA though they have the most and the best tracks of probably anywhere in the world right tambok

within a few hours drive there are at least 2 more tracks i know of but i think ours may be better because a few of their racers drive up to our track maybe because of the number of entries we usually get
Old 07-09-2003, 10:04 PM   #131
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by PTP Racing
i really wish i lived in CA though they have the most and the best tracks of probably anywhere in the world right tambok
you got that right PTP.......we are so spoiled here.....on road and off road tracks are all over the place....just be sure you are in the LA and Orange County Area.
Phillip
aka TambokGT
Old 07-10-2003, 06:00 AM   #132
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to uDi_MP7.5

Last edited by uDi_MP7.5; 04-26-2012 at 06:47 AM.
uDi_MP7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 07:12 AM   #133
Tech Regular

They're Kyosho springs, just a little stiffer than the black HoBao ones. Not sure about the 9.5 tank but Kyosho, HoBao and Hong Nor springs are all the same size. Hong Nor blues are about the same as Kyosho blues, have a look at TWF8 for some more info

MUST HAVE UPGRADE

R/C ScrewZ stainless screw sets, for all 1/8 buggies, $24 for the complete set including all set screws. I installed a set yesterday and they are top quality. Shiny, strong and no more rusting
Old 07-10-2003, 08:02 AM   #134
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by LouisB
[BMUST HAVE UPGRADE

R/C ScrewZ stainless screw sets, for all 1/8 buggies, $24 for the complete set including all set screws. I installed a set yesterday and they are top quality. Shiny, strong and no more rusting [/B]
I agree ... I run RCScrewz on my K2 and they are great.
Hooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 10:27 PM   #135
Tech Addict

Exclamation

Maybe this has been covered ad nausium by now but here goes. I have just trashed my piston and sleeve because, for the second time, my air filter has come loose allowing the evil dirt bits into the intake. This is a very common problem where I race. I am using a filter with an elbow with the zip ties on pretty tight, but it still pulls off. I flagged the one with the connector on the end because it looks like it could cause as many problems as it solves. With all that said I have two questions:

1) what is the best filter system for a .21 engine?

2) what is the best way to keep the blasted thing on? (i am considering hose clamps)
Racin Rev is offline   Reply With Quote