R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-18-2003, 09:21 AM   #46
Tech Fanatic

first of all tony its KANAI there is an A in there your forgetting

second do you really expect me to believe you were actually going to come race today? seems to be real easy to say when its raining

you cant go wrong with a kanai definetly a very nice ride

why did you switch?

the question is could you hang with my XR? its going to be able to give you a run for your money

2 weeks ago i was top qualifyer for the B (2 bump ups so i was really qualified 9th) won that easily (problems during qualifying were the reason i didnt qualify for the A) lead from start to finish beating second place by over 2 laps then i won the A main by almost 30 seconds which is nearly a full lap on second

i got the new novarossi p5 engine and its incredible 7 minutes to a tank at 220-230 awesome bottom end and good top end next engine i buy will probably be another of the same i havent seen anything like this before

i havent finished outside the A main yet this year at pasadena crowds have been good usually 70+ each week

no race next weekend most local guys are going to VA beach but i cant go

dougs is having a trophy race the first week in june i think i might go but have heard that turnout has been terrible so maybe i will skip it no sense in racing by myself
jason102276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 09:31 AM   #47
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I think I could hang with you pretty well. I got the k2 in a trade and it is almost in brand new condition, got it from a guy in california traded him my mtx3 for it. Now Im in the market for a new nitro tourer probaly another mtx3. I'll probaly be at dougs this coming Saturday. Me and a couple of guys down from this way were going to pasadena today. Also I finally talked Howard into getting a 1/8. Dont make front of my spelling you Bastatrd. Just kidding.
Old 05-18-2003, 09:46 AM   #48
Tech Fanatic

OK i wont make front (fun) of your spelling anymore i guess it didnt come in the box so you couldnt read it right of the front of the box huh

i thought it was a dougs trophy race coming up the first weekend in june but it is the regional at pasadena

i dont know when or even if i will be running my mtx3 again i think alot about selling it but i talk myself out of it when i realize as soon as its gone i will want it back and then i will probably spend even more money than i already have

i will sell you my mtx3 and everything i have for it for $1500 thats the only price i think i could actually let it go for kinda steep isnt it?

truth is though i have no desire to race it anymore maybe i will later this summer

my wife keeps coming to me with more and more weekend plans i think she is trying to take up the entire summer isnt it good enough i go to all the sat morning t-ball games with my son and spend my vacation with her and the kids cant she leave my races alone and then when i am able to go racing it rains i think im starting to stress out without racing
Old 05-20-2003, 05:16 PM   #49
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by jason102276
OK i wont make front (fun) of your spelling anymore i guess it didnt come in the box so you couldnt read it right of the front of the box huh

i thought it was a dougs trophy race coming up the first weekend in june but it is the regional at pasadena

i dont know when or even if i will be running my mtx3 again i think alot about selling it but i talk myself out of it when i realize as soon as its gone i will want it back and then i will probably spend even more money than i already have

i will sell you my mtx3 and everything i have for it for $1500 thats the only price i think i could actually let it go for kinda steep isnt it?

truth is though i have no desire to race it anymore maybe i will later this summer

my wife keeps coming to me with more and more weekend plans i think she is trying to take up the entire summer isnt it good enough i go to all the sat morning t-ball games with my son and spend my vacation with her and the kids cant she leave my races alone and then when i am able to go racing it rains i think im starting to stress out without racing
Hey,
Your not the only one..
manokgt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 10:15 PM   #50
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Thistle

Hi, I just bought an Ofna Hyper 7 RTR, and was wondering if the spring sets for the 9.5 will fit my shocks. The part numbers I'm thinking of are 40070,40071,40072. If they don't fit, can somebody give me another part number/brand of springs?
Thanks.
Thistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 07:16 PM   #51
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to BOWTIE1 Send a message via Yahoo to BOWTIE1

i dont know any part# but get kyosho blue spring's it will help u amd all 1/8 scale springs r the same or all the 1'2 i have bought 4 my ke .....
BOWTIE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 07:17 AM   #52
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to tone
Default need new set-up for 7.5

What's up everbody i want to try a new 1\8 scale set-up for out-door race i have been racing indoor so i need a new set-up. thanks tone PM is fine with me. everthing
tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 07:49 AM   #53
Tech Fanatic

your probably find it best to ask the fast locals

i have talked to a whole lot of 7.5 drivers and almost everyone is using something different than the others

because of the diffs on that car there are so many possible setups
Old 05-23-2003, 10:21 AM   #54
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT
Default Re: need new set-up for 7.5

Quote:
Originally posted by tone
What's up everbody i want to try a new 1\8 scale set-up for out-door race i have been racing indoor so i need a new set-up. thanks tone PM is fine with me. everthing
I am using more or less Mark Pavidis / Greg's setup

check out www.nitrocross.com

It has Greg's , Marks, Yuichi's
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 10:23 AM   #55
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT

might be getting the X5 soon (cross fingers)
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 10:26 AM   #56
Tech Fanatic

me too

gotta figure out how to get the money and fast

maybe go tax exempt for next weeks paycheck
Old 05-23-2003, 05:58 PM   #57

Send a message via AIM to DAN_THE_MAN Send a message via Yahoo to DAN_THE_MAN
Default 9.5 violator

hey guys i was just looking under www.ofna.com and i seen a new 1/8 its called 9.5 violator it look pretty cool
DAN_THE_MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 10:26 AM   #58
Tech Fanatic

i went there and saw the picture not much to see unfortunatly

maybe its a 1/8 with truck tires? no description so its anyones guess
Old 05-27-2003, 10:57 AM   #59
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

Where are you guys getting your P5s? Online? How much do they run? Thanks.
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 11:18 AM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i got mine from lhs it cost me $280 for the rx21 p5

i saw a couple on ebay cheaper like 250-260 something like that

i have seen the rn21 p5 on nitrohouse.com for $250