R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-23-2007, 02:55 PM   #121
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to annie_himself

Texas? Come to New Orleans for a vacation, go swimming!
annie_himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:40 PM   #122
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to eds24 Send a message via Yahoo to eds24

Well I got the slipper and put it all together with some difficulty. I ran it for the first time today. It didn't go so well.I stilll have some bigs to get rid of. I foudn out my batteries suck and are pretty much dead. I also was haveing odd problems with the servo. When I would push the throttle the motor would turn slowly and the servo would tun? Any ideas of whats wrong? Also I kept haveing problems with the front steering blocks and the bearings in them. The axles I have are 4mm and the inside of the bearing is 5mm. On top of that I can't get it so that the axles will stop popping out.So I am thinking I might have to get new steering blocks and c-hubs. Oh yea I also broke one of the front hinge pin braces...goign to have to strenthen thoughs but I had an extra. Its also not as fast as I would like it to be.So I have some bugs to work out but I am goign to stay with this project until I am satifisfied. Peace Ethan
eds24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #123
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by eds24
Well I got the slipper and put it all together with some difficulty. I ran it for the first time today. It didn't go so well.I stilll have some bigs to get rid of. I foudn out my batteries suck and are pretty much dead. I also was haveing odd problems with the servo. When I would push the throttle the motor would turn slowly and the servo would tun? Any ideas of whats wrong? Also I kept haveing problems with the front steering blocks and the bearings in them. The axles I have are 4mm and the inside of the bearing is 5mm. On top of that I can't get it so that the axles will stop popping out.So I am thinking I might have to get new steering blocks and c-hubs. Oh yea I also broke one of the front hinge pin braces...goign to have to strenthen thoughs but I had an extra. Its also not as fast as I would like it to be.So I have some bugs to work out but I am goign to stay with this project until I am satifisfied. Peace Ethan
FINALLY!

You should try and get very small srpings to put in the outdrive, it make the shaft "centralize" and it falls out less. It works in my RC18/Mini-T project I was telling you about. You need some new packs for sure, get some GP3800's if you can. Or IB4200.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #124
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

try dischargeing and chargeing the batteries a couple of times. maybe this would help.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:29 PM   #125
Tech Master

Yea I am going to try that with the batteries. With the cvds actually everything that belongs in the out drive our comeing out (bearing)
Old 03-28-2007, 02:51 PM   #126
Tech Master

There is no bearing that goes IN the outdrive and there shouldn't be one falling out if it fit snug in the ciff case and hub carrier. Just try the springs first.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:20 PM   #127
Tech Master

Sorry Typo I ment to say Hub Carriers. I picked some tc3 hub carriers up today and I am going to try and see if they work with the rs4 c-hubs.This will take away both problems aobut the wheels being wobbly and them comeign out. Peace Ethan
Old 03-29-2007, 12:45 AM   #128
Tech Master

Wow! I am one lucky guy. I put the tc3 steering blocks on the truggy and with some spacers they work great. They fixed both problems I had witht he axles coemign out and them being whiggly. On top of that they push the wheels out ot the maximum that my cvds with handle its almost 14 inches wide now.I want to get some t-maxx shocks for bashing and raise this thing up.While I was at it I tried to put the tc3 rear hub carriers that came witht he fronts on the truggy. With some mods they fit very nicely.wow i just got lucky with everything fitting nicely. Well you may be wondering why switch form the t3 to tc3 hub carriers in the rear. Well the tc3 ones hold the turnbuckle higher and it also raises the cvds. So now the turnbuckles are flat and the cvds are flat makeing for some nice suspension geometry.(less movement of the end of the cvd in the outdrive,more consistent tow angle as the suspension compresses). I ran it tonight and it runs MUCH better. I am haveing problems with the steering though. Hopefully its an easy fix. Also I ran a battery back through it with the gearing of 15/87 and when I was done the motor wasn't hot at all. The battery was smokeing hot but not the motor ofcourse it was about 40 degrees or less. It feels as if its under geared slighty so after I test it in 70-80 degree weather I might buy a bigger pinion. Oh yea I was not useing the fan that i have on it. It still seems to be very heavy though. So I think this week I will go into the shop and cut some shapes out of the a-arms and chassis.Peace Ethan
Old 03-29-2007, 05:33 AM   #129
Tech Master

sweet. now alls ya need is a video of that thing runnin'
Old 03-29-2007, 12:32 PM   #130
Tech Master

Yea I am going to have to try and get a vid of it. Peace Ethan
Old 03-29-2007, 05:47 PM   #131
Tech Master

That's great news. Very glad to hear that it ran great. Your gearing seems very low but it is heavier than my truck I'm sure. My gearing is 24/87 with a Orion 19t V2 and Pole Position 3800s. What motor are you running again?
Old 03-29-2007, 05:53 PM   #132
Tech Master

Yea. I also have bigger tires in the fdr is different. I am running a Reedy Quad mag 19t spec motor. I wish it wasn't snowing I could go and run it. Peace Ethan
Old 03-29-2007, 05:56 PM   #133
Tech Master

Oh, well we're talking on AIM now so....w/e.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:21 PM   #134
Tech Master

Ok maybe I am not a very lucky guy. I finally got everything work like it should and I tried to jump it for the first time to day and that was a disaster. I set up a jump about 1.5' high. I got a good run at it and it flew pretty good but the landing was not good. The truggy flew farther then I thought it would and a real car blocked my line of sight to see the landing. But it definatly did not land it. I saw it tumble down the street with a front tire behind it. I go to check out the damage. Worse then I thought. I broke a steering turnbuckles,my new tc3 hub carrier,and the rs4 mt c-hub grrrr.My lexan parts held up but thats like $15 worth of damage. It won't be runneing for awhile. Peace EThan
Old 03-30-2007, 07:56 PM   #135
Tech Master

sorry to hear about the wreck but glad to hear your jumping it...sweet.