Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Project Team Associated TR3 (TC3 truggy)56k warning

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Well ofcourse ms.fitness colorado just has to be a beast and loves to torture 14 year olds so I have to go back from more wieght training tomarrow (hell on earth)jkjk So I won't get to cut tomarrow. Peace Ethan
Old 01-29-2007, 11:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

I see a lot of rotating mass with those mashers. I understand that your building a "truggy" but I hope the rubber doesn't twist that creation up.

On another note : WOW I love the total thinking out the box you have. I am very interested in this. Looks like your wheels are always . Unlike some people
Old 01-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Yea I hope they don't tear it apart either. I think I should be fine becuase the tc3 diffs are steel. But I will just have to see. Thanks man. Yea Planning for this project has been going on for about 6 months. Just never had the money to start it until now. Peace Ethan
Old 01-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Keep us updated.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Sure will. Peace Ethan
Old 02-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Today I Drilled holes in the chassis,mounted the servo and steerring assebly,mount the diffs. I also cut out a new cleaner rear shock tower and some a-arms. I have a question about gearing. The biggest spur gear I can find that will fit is the 87t the smallest pinion is a 12t. I was wondering which pinion you guys reccomend with the stinger motor or co27 ,8-10 cells, and the mashers?
Old 02-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i just got to see this finished. your thread title doesn't leave much for us to ignore.
all the best man. i salute you and wish u the finest creation. go for it. dont think about others negative opinion.
i wanna see the finish project. you may end up in the blog!

great stuff!
Old 02-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That there is nice, make sure you get finishing pics and a race video and report.

Edit: That "truggy" actually looks more like a 4wd buggy. Are the dimensions closer to a truggy?
Old 02-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Jfc: Thanks. Yep this project should be finished by the 11th. I am going to do everything I can in my power to get it done by then.. Why so important to get it done by then? Well here in colorado we have this annual race called "The Rumble in the Rockies" Its just about the biggest eletric off-road race here. Travis Amezcua from Team Losi will be there and I want him to sign the chassis. It will put a nice little touch to the clear lexan chassis.Major Props on the website btw its nice! Great work.

Anni_himself: Thanks Yea I will defiantly post finished pics. I will also be raceing this at the local track. So I will see what I can do about getting a video. About the Dimensions... The Wheelbase is 11 1/2 inches. So its actually longer then 2wd st truck. It also is wider then a 2wd drive truck its about 13 1/2-3/4 wide.

Oh yea sorry guys for the lack of pictures. I don't have a Camera so I have to use my moms and she gets grumpy when I use it. Also all through this project I have worried and struggled with how to mount the a-arms close enough to the diffs so that the cvds will be long enough. I fixed the problem in the rear queit easily because the rea hub carriers keep the cvds inward. I did have to drill new holes in the a-arms alittle bit inward to make it all fit though. With the front I cut down the rear arm mounts and tried to mount them as close to the diffs as i could. The rs4 mt hubs bring the cvds way to far out though. I even drilled new holes 1/2 inch inward from where the stock hing pins or our on the outside and it still wasn't long enough. This was a major problem. So last night as I was thinking in my bed I came up with an idea. How about I use a a-arm mount set-up similar to the t4 and the touring cars? This would inable me to move the a-arms inward towards the diffs as much as possible. It also gives me the ability to make mutiple mounting holes to change width.This idea is looking like it will work really nicely. I won't be able to use t3 rear a-arms anymore though.

Peace Ethan

Last edited by eds24; 02-02-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Today I went searching for the bearings to fit in rs4 mt hub carriers. I went to two hobby shops niether had them. I did find out that there is a new hobby shop only like 5 minutes form my house so I can ride my bike to it. I was looking at the front suspension today and I worried about the durablilty of these lexan arms. Fortunatly I have 2 extra sets of frotn a-arms which I discovered will fit with the new touring car type of hinge pin block set up. So now I will have 1 full set of lexan a-arms,4 replacement t3 a-arms for the rear,and 4 replacement t3 a-arms for the front.Sometime soon In the next day or so ordering a duratrax streak esc,bearings,and pinion gear. That should complete everything. Peace Ethan
Old 02-05-2007, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

If you can get the measurements and know the size of bearings you need, go here.
Avidrc.com you can get pretty much anysize bearing from them that are good quality and cheap!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Hey thanks for the link.I will check them out. Peace Ethan
Old 02-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Good ol' Duck tape! I was thinking about ordering the bearings for the hpi rs4 mt carriers from towerhobbies but i need them to get here before lik sunday and I don't want to take the chance so I was like screw that.I need money for v-day for my gf. So I broke out the duct tape and made some ghetto bearings. I look some 5x8 bearins and took a thin strip of duct tape and wrapped that around the out side. Then I took the bearings and forced it into the carrier with a hammer.It looks like it will work great until I can get the bearings! Atleast just to be there to hold the car together. I won't be able to run the car until I get the streak anyway. The next time I will be able to cut and drill will be wed hopefully. I should be able to get the rest of the cutting and drilling done by then. Oh yea I was going to paint the body today since its finally warmed then 50 degress out side ...and I lost the freakin window masks. So I will have to make a custom mask job with masking tape grr Peace Ethan
Old 02-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You might want to change that name to TB3 because that looks more like a buggy. I don't know the dimensions but it looks like a SBV2. What diffs are you using?
Also, run some buggy tires to race in that class.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Yes it looks like abuggy but its has the dimensions of a truck.The dimensions are the wheel base is 11 1/2" which is about a 1/2 longer then a 1/10th truck or buggy. Its about 13 1/4"-1/2" wide with the tires.The Diffs are nitro tc3 diffs. They are steel and logner then eletric tc3 outdrives.Thats why I picked them. Peace Ethan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.