Wiki Posts
Search

Glow Plug

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Glow Plug

I was wondering what plug would be appropriate for the Nova Rossi Plus 21-7 turbo buggy engine. It came with a cold long body plug, and I ordered a couple medium heat short body plugs. Which would be best and what is the difference? I will be running Werks 30% nitro. Thanks in advance.
-Kane
Old 01-25-2007, 03:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

21 sized engines like to use cold plugs. A medium plug won't hurt if you plan on running in cooler weather, but in the summer months, you want to try and stick with a colder plug. It will help keep temps down, run better overall than a hot plug in hot weather. Any plug is a good one too, novarossi, o'donnell, try to stick with the same brand so you don't have to change your carb settings every run.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Your glowplug has a direct influence on the timing of the engine believe it or not! So you really need to experiment with the different heat ranges , just because it's hot outside doesn't mean you need to run a colder plug! If you get the best performance from a cold plug, then run that plug, if you get the best perfomance from a hot one use that one ! Play around during your practicing and try to dial in your engine . You need to run it HARD to see if the plug will burn out or cause your engine to "ping" ! These engines may look simple but in reality they are extremely complex little power mills .
Old 01-25-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mremtr
If you get the best performance from a cold plug, then run that plug, if you get the best perfomance from a hot one use that one !

the only engine that I know of that works great with a hot plug is the os v-spec

if you live in denver or some shit, then you can experiment.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I know my Modified 421 loves a NovaRossi #4 and so does my Crono CLB4N ? And I gave a buddy of mine that runs a Modded P5 one ond he says the engine ran better than ever ? So personally I would try different heat ranges before you set your plug selection in stone !
Also who ever said All plugs are good ..... Yeah maybe in your world .....
I have ,and countless others running NovaRossi's never had good luck with McCoy plugs or any of the "generic" brands for that matter , but it could just be the location ? I have heard others that have great luck with them ?

OS engines like OS plugs and NovaRossi based engines like NovaRossi based plugs ,all the other brands ???? Never tried them except for Picco ,back in the day the old P5 Picco was a dream ! The new P7r EVO thing is a hit or miss special .