R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-24-2007, 08:37 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to premium_rc
Default offroad spec

we are currently racing the trinity spec motors in 1/10th truck at my local track has this ben done b4 it makes 4 hreat racing comments please
premium_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:55 AM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yes, the Trinity motors are good for racing. I have used them many times when I ran 2 wheel buggy.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:16 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

what we are doing is raciing a spec class it is really fun to race in everyone should try it
Old 01-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #4
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

You are talking about the ex-spec motors correct?

We ran those in a stadium truck class over jumps on carpet with 1800mah pack battery limit. You could make the 5 minutes no problem and they worked great. Heck, we got into it and hunted down RC1700 cells to run in the class, but a good stick pack worked just as well.

Tuning wise That motor uses standup brushes right? ( been awhile) . I think alot of guys if they had a reserrator were cutting 767s to standup position and using them. Also a spring setup (fiddlestick settings) of 7.0+ , 6.5- worked very well in the class. 1 drop of tribo on the comm or 1 drop on the positive brush, though I don't think what side it was on made a difference.

You can also try experimenting with different drill holes in the brushes as that I believe also upped the power.

We also limited tires to rubber compounds (no foams)

That brings back memories!
Old 01-24-2007, 02:54 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

your correct this class is a ball we have no batt. limit but we r racing dirt on a slick small track we are really liking the class i may actuall stick on and not drop off i really thank you 4 the tunning tips thanks alot