R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-23-2007, 11:12 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Brushless Corey
Default MF2 parts list?

I've been wanting to put the MF2 tranny in my XXX-T, but I haven't seen a part number for it anywhere? I also haven't seen the rear kick plate for the tranny to into. Can anyone give me a list of parts that you think would make my XXX-T a better truck?

I've basically taken my XXX-T and thought I was making it up to MF2 standards by putting all grphite parts on it, but actually seen a MF2 the other day and notices the front A-arms are different and some other things as well.

If you guys could post up some part numbers for me would be great. I'm getting tired of being sniped on Ebay cause I work for a living and can't watch my auction 24/7 to win a part.

If you want, but copy and paste on my list I've started. THhis may be helpful to others as well. Thanks....

So far I have:

FR spindle carriers (LOSA1126)
Brushless Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:08 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default it's a long list.

Dude,
I think you may hae the wrong approach. Unless youhave a ton of money.
In which case I would just buy a new kit.

My son has a XXX-T, I have an MF2. I setup, maintain, and test the two.
The difference in performance is really not noticeable. His truck, if anything, is easier to drive. I think that is due to the plastic chassis and its flex.

Changing the tranny, you won't feel a difference.
The arm difference is VLA, the positions which are same as XXX-t are the most used.

Bottom line is. Switching parts as they break is of course a good idea, but dumping a bunch af money into the car, won't make it faster. Really.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:32 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Losi has parts lists on their website,
bobf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:37 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgroenhof
Dude,
I think you may hae the wrong approach. Unless youhave a ton of money.
In which case I would just buy a new kit.

My son has a XXX-T, I have an MF2. I setup, maintain, and test the two.
The difference in performance is really not noticeable. His truck, if anything, is easier to drive. I think that is due to the plastic chassis and its flex.

Changing the tranny, you won't feel a difference.
The arm difference is VLA, the positions which are same as XXX-t are the most used.

Bottom line is. Switching parts as they break is of course a good idea, but dumping a bunch af money into the car, won't make it faster. Really.
Yeah.....I kinda jumped back into the RC thing after being out of it for abotu 13 years. When I bought my XXX-T, I had no idea that the MF2 existed. I guess I really don't need the MF2 tranny and such, but there are some things I would like to get eventually. I appreciate your honesty though and probably won't spend too much money on the MF transformation.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:45 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default I have more time now.

I guess earlier I didn't fully understand your post. If you want to make the XXX-t better (not into an MF2) there are some things you should do. I'm gonna assume you bought the RTR, I think that's the only way to get a XXX-t these days.
  • Slipper pads
  • Battery strap
  • RPM Slipper cover
  • Front arms
  • Rebuild the diff, using a high quality thrust bearing assembly.
  • Titanium Ball studs (just the two which go into the shock tower) Also, put large washers under each of these studs.
  • Rear arms
  • Lunsford Titanium turnbuckles, and quality ball caps
Remember that plastic replacement parts, with the same part number, use much better plastic than the "RTR" parts.

Go through the truck and check each, and every nut and bolt. I'm sad to say that they are put together pretty loosly, from my experience. (with one only)

Spend wisely and work towards a new kit in a year or so. But you knew that.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:55 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Thanks for the reply. My truck actually lost a nut on the second day I had it. I learned fast to go through it and check for loose nuts and bolts. Aftering running at the track last weekend I lost another nut and found one loose. BTW....its the Brushless RTR.

Right now, my truck has grphite f/r a arms, f/r shock towers, chassis, and front bulkhead. I've also put Lunsford Racing Ti hinge pin and turnbuckle kit on with upgraded Losi ball cups. I have the Losi aluminum dog bones in it cause one was bent. The main reaon for buying alot of this stuff is cause my LHS and the track I ran at last weekend gave me such good deals on alot of it. Most of the stuff I bought at my LHS was in thier clearance box. I couldn't pass it up I guess.

All the parts you listed.....are these all Losi parts or someone elses?
Old 01-25-2007, 07:55 AM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to Hemi6677

Cory, I run an older XXX-t with graphite chassis and battery strap, front and rear a-arms, front and rear shock towers, aluminum dog-bones, and the standard XXX-T rear diff and haven't had any issues yet. Just upgrading those few parts to lighten the truck and getting setup advice from some of the P&T regulars has made it a very dependable truck. Usually I handle as well as them I just get out motored as I only have a stock out of the box P2K2 (which is getting overhauled this week )

My next improvement will be Trinity aluminum front and rear pivot blocks which help handling so I am told.

Most of the information you need can be located at:

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servlet/StoreFront - Good place to buy parts
http://www.teamlosi.com/ - setup sheets and parts lists, tire guides, etc..
http://www.towerhobbies.com/ - Good deals on lots of items
http://www.horizonhobby.com/ - Also sell Losi parts

Most if the items jgroenhof listed you can get at www.losipartshouse.com .

Let me know if you have any questions.
Hemi6677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:53 AM   #8
Tech Regular

Yeah...I was eventually gonna get the f/r pivot blocks. I actually just called Trinity about them to make sure which stuff of thier site would fit.

Thanks for the links.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:26 AM   #9
Tech Regular

Hey Hemi.....glad to see you over here too. I actually like this forum layout better. I'm used to this kind with all the car forums I'm on. You gonna be up at P & T this weekend? The plan is to be there at 3 and stay there til about 6 or a little after they start racing.