R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default stadium

why hasn't anyone came out with a 1/10th scale with linkage-based progressive suspension like the revo and the x10 has?
Darkshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to annie_himself

You tell me. Why don't you custom fab one.
annie_himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:36 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

not linkage, but you can get progressive springs. linkage would be pretty sick though. ought to try it out man.

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:40 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

well, the X10 hasn't won squat and the revo is a monster truck, not a racing truck. Perhaps that type of suspension just is not competitive in off-road racing...
Old 01-16-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
Tech Elite

i have to differ from that statement. maybe not with the X10 cause i dont knwo anythign abotu it. but revos are very competitive. we run the same lap times as 1/8 buggy and blow the 2wd classes away. the suspension setup is extreemly good and i would take it on any car or truck

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:26 AM   #6
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Keep in mind however that alot of it is driver and not only the vehicle. If it was, Joe Shmoe could be a BJ4 and spank all the factory drivers with both hands behind his back.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:45 AM   #7
Tech Elite

that is true, but we have a sponsored 1/8 guy here. hes crazy fast. almost always wins 1/8. what i msayign is, the revos suspension is very competitive. the only truck out that can keep up is an LST2. none of the t-maxx or savage or any monster truck out there can handle like a revo

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

Old 01-17-2007, 12:04 PM   #8
Tech Adept

After racing a Predator X10 competitively the biggest fault I can find with the suspension system is that it doesn't tune like a regular car.
The car is very good, and fast when it's on a surface that suits it, it is ballistic. The problem is if you have to try and tune the car to a different surface or conditions. My team mate and I had major trouble trying to get the car hooked up on a really low grip surface. The problem was, you couldn't just move the shocks out on the tower, or in on the arms or try things you would for a regular buggy. I will stick to a tried and true system thanks.....
Old 01-17-2007, 12:50 PM   #9
Suspended

there is two people who have done a prgressive sytem in a 1/10 truck. one is on r/c car action forums and the other one i can't remeber where it is but i'll try to find it. the one i can't find rind right now has a five link rear suspension and a solid rear axle. it is set-up as and electric and looks like a trophy truck. the on r/c car action is similar but it is 1/8 actually sorry and it has a four link rear suspension and wheel independent travel. two four strokes motors in it. they both are awesome. and the 1/10 electric is to be released in the next two months as a kit. i can't wait im getting one, but just looking at it i don't think it will compete with what is out there today and would need to be in its own baja class. so you would g/t, stock truck,mod 19turn and then baja classes.
wingnutracing28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:06 PM   #10
Tech Elite

after thinking about it, im goign to try and make somethign like that for ym race truck. my gearbox is currently blown and a cant find a new one, so im goign to custom make that anyways, so i might as well try somethig nnew on it.

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

Old 01-17-2007, 01:06 PM   #11
Tech Elite

i think i am goign to make the system more liek a revo instead of 4 link and solid axles though.

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

Old 01-17-2007, 10:56 PM   #12
Suspended

heres a few of the one that i remeber where it was. not exactly wht your talking about just think it is cool.
Attached Thumbnails
stadium-artic_2.jpg   stadium-axle_close.jpg   stadium-link_artic.jpg   stadium-mount_eng_1.jpg   stadium-w_front_1.jpg  

Old 01-18-2007, 02:40 PM   #13
Tech Addict

That thing is awesome. Looks like a hybrid desert buggie/rock crawler. Judging by the engine(s) I'd go with desert racer. If anybody recognizes this please list a contact or weblink.
mfishel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #14
Tech Elite

that looks like a real baja truck design. it looks awsome. id really like to get my hands on one of those.

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

Old 01-18-2007, 03:47 PM   #15
Suspended

i came across it on a forum on r/c car action mag in their forums, nitro off road i believe and the thread is 1/8 death wrecker or something. there is a lot of info there from the builder. also there is a trcuk with a VERY SIMILAR design i saw in like november tha is 1/10 and elctric and said it set for realease in feb. this year. it is so close and the way the threaqd i found this on ends it leads me to believe this guy sold his design of went into business building it as a kit to be sold.

ok here is the exact thread for it it is in the nitro forum on r/c car action
1/8 4 stroke baja truck project (56k death)