R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-15-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Exclamation Ok So Here's The Story...

Yes i was asking before if i could have a rolling chassis for free, I don't have money right now because i dont have a job and i just got done building a gaming computer. Well my parents said the next time i get something big it will be where I have a birthday or Chirstmas? Well i wanted to ask someone on here hoping someone would be generious but i guess not. In the summer i will be working at a movie theater and then at the end of the summer or mid summer i will have enough money for more toys. I do race offroad gas, and my parents pay for gas, and i have extra parts like A-arms and what not. SO...thats the real story if anyone wants to know. If anyone needs help rebuilding an engine please let me know...i'm 16 but i know a lot about these gas cars, and enjoy helping people.....

And for all you gamers out there i have Counter-Strike: Source if you dare to try and "own" or "roll" me my xfire is text4meanu
Off-brand fluorescent orange rims
Toyota AE86 body (white w/sharpie marker)
TEXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Well i wanted to work at Trackside on the weekends since i can't drive yet, so....right now i don't know if they will except me or not. I'm sure i can help announce since in Wisconsin i help with the Nitro Farm and i get to announce and race for free.
Off-brand fluorescent orange rims
Toyota AE86 body (white w/sharpie marker)
TEXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:14 PM   #3
Tech Adept

you cant have everything you want in life.either one way or the other.If you really like R/C,then sell your gaming computer,and you can get your car.

If you want both,and cant get a "real" job,go out and sak neighboors to do chores for them,like cut the grass,take out the trash,yada yada.
wcairsoft3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:10 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

my clan is switching over to source right now...we are im-p lvl on 1.6...maybe we can scrim one day. Source is going to be so much better with the pro mod.
PROMODVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:48 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

wow, you really need to grow up. you go around asking for people to give you a rc for free and you act like you have no money. you just built a gaming computer, you have VRC, in your sig you state that you have a Team Losi XXX-NT, Yokomo Drift Kit, Nitro Elements Snowmobile, and Team Losi Mini-T. in one of your videos, you were using a spektrum radio (ether a dx2 or dx3). get a life. oh, boo hoo mommy and daddy wont buy you a new rc until it is your birthday or Christmas ...wow, some body is a little bit spoiled. you have to work hard to play hard, stop mooching of mommy and daddy and get a job. if you can't get a job then maybe you should stop playing with rc cars until you can afford them, not going to your mom and dad and asking for money.....some people are so ungrateful for what they have.
davo798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:17 AM   #6
Tech Adept

This kid is so typical of kids these days. They have absolutely no idea of what working for a dollar means and they have been spoiled by their parents for one way or another to the point where they are becoming almost useless to the work force. For the past ten years I was the manager of a retail store and was forced to hire these kids as I had job openings that were suited to people for a first time job. Turnover rate was unbelievable! These kids would want to show up, punch a time card and have their friends come visit, talk on their cell phones and then they would complain if they didn't get a raise if they lasted six weeks. Now obviously I know there are a lot of teen agers who are good workers and have good work ethics. I've hired a few of those too. I'm talking about the overwhelming majority. And this putz who's on here begging for free stuff is EXACTLY what I'm talking about!

Hey Text, go thank your parents for at least attempting to teach you the value of a dollar by not giving you every single thing you ask for you spoiled little brat!
ApexPredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:37 AM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredator
Now obviously I know there are a lot of teen agers who are good workers and have good work ethics. I've hired a few of those too. I'm talking about the overwhelming majority. And this putz who's on here begging for free stuff is EXACTLY what I'm talking about!
yep, im one of the few teenagers who understands the concept of money and what it takes to get it. i had my first job when i was 12 delivering newspapers. when i had to move because of my parents divorce i lost that job and couldn't get another news paper job. i then went out and got a job landscaping. i have been doing the same back breaking job ever since. i get payed good but when on the job site, we are busting are ass 110% until the job is done and no its not the light work, cutting lawns and weed whacking, its planting tons shrubs and bushes, spreading a full dump truck load of mulch, spreading rock, planting 300+ pound trees and by the end of the day when your whole body is sore and your arms are all cut up, he best part is you have earned your own money and its time to go race rc cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredator
Hey Text, go thank your parents for at least attempting to teach you the value of a dollar by not giving you every single thing you ask for you spoiled little brat!
davo798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:23 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

"i'm 16 but i know a lot "

dude you are 16 and your parentsstill pay for everything.. that is so lame.. do you know how gay that sounds... you have to get off your ass and get a job.. not a little job but a real one that revolves around manual labor.. maybe you will see what its like to finally make your own money.. i mean your parents pay for your gas and i bet they bought you a car too and pay for your insurance.. if you cant afford those things on your own then you shouldnt even be driving.. i am glad my parents didnt give me everything in the world.. i am 20 yrs old and everything that i own i have worked very hard for.i never ask my parents to buy me anything or even ask for money. i still live at home but i even buy my own food and what ever else i need to live i practically go home only to sleep.i am moving out in a mnth or 2 though.. you need to send an application to the real world and quit taking bubble baths and having your mom change your diapers you ungratful little bastared. well that felt good.. thats all i had to say... and P.S. im not going to edit this for any moderator out there.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:04 AM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Man, sounds exactly like a "kid" that comes into the hobbyshop all the time...

Im one of the RC Techs at the local Hobbytown USA and its located in a pretty upscale town (read: rich parents who have lots of money and dont care what stuff cost AND have spoiled kids because of that). So this kid comes in and wants a Nitro-4tec 3.3. I tell them it would be way too fast for a beginner. So the dad agrees and this 14-15 yr old starts crying in our store cuz he cant have the "fastest" car we had in stock. I started pointing them towards a Traxxas stadium truck (cuz of the parts support, ez start, easy to drive, and instructional DVD cuz we all know parents and kids never read the manual ). So this "kid" is still throwing a fit in the store and the dad caves in and gets a Nitro TC3, still pretty quick for a beginner but the dad was ok with the price.

A week later: kid breaks the pullstart and dad brings it back for repairs

Another week: Dad is pissed kid breaks new pullstart again and it gets repaired. I demonstrate the proper way to pullstart. Dad wants a refund for previous repair and parts but from the broken pullstart it was clear it was chaffing on the body. I told them dont do it again.

A week later: 2nd Pullstart breaks again. Dad is pissed at me that I sold them a crappy product and wants to call the manufactuer to get the part warranted. Comes into the shop with the car for repairs again and wants to know the contact info for Team Associated. I told them it was in the manual and I didnt know it off the top of my head. Dad says "I dont have the manual anymore, I filed it away for taxes" So obviously, they never read the manual. Im pretty sure the engine was broken in wrong AND there was no airfilter on it when it. So the dad says "You're gonna have to talk to Team Associated because I have no clue what anything is". I only work part time and I told them it might be awhile and I'll have a manager do it. Of course, he gets pissed and buys a new pullstart anyways so his "kid" doesnt have to wait for warranty work and can play with his "toy".

I personally learned to race with a RTR NTC3, I took care of it and never had problems with it. Yes I did buy it BY MYSELF when I was 18, im 22 now. My parents dont really approve of the hobby because of the costs but if im not spending thier money, they dont care.

In the past 4 years, Ive upgraded to better cars and better equiptment out of my own pocket. Ive bought new cars and spare cars OUT OF MY OWN POCKET.

In the summer races, ive over heard these yuppy parents yelling up to the drivers stand "good job" or "atta boy" when their spoiled kids hack on purpose on the track. If I break, o well, its a cost of racing but I have no problems sending these yuppies into the wall and back to the pits. I know thier yuppy parents will just buy them new parts and I'll keep "teaching" them until they finally learn.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:31 AM   #10
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to steven19
Default 16

hey be nice to us teens i just turned 18 and got thrown out to the real world when i was 16 by my dad telling me when i first got into slot cars at age 8 if i want a toy or in some cases more then one theres jobs out there find one so its not all teens dont know what it takes to make a dollar just a good chunk
steven19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:03 AM   #11
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Oh well... does remind of a lady who bought a nitro rc car to a local shop. She told the guy in the shop that she has no clue what is it, but her son asked her to bring in it to fix it.

I thought most RC Cars come with box that said, "THIS IS NOT A TOY."

Pretty sad.
ongbenghui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:17 PM   #12
jko
Tech Apprentice

I feel sorry for this kids like this, you have better rc equipment than me, better computer than me, and you're still not satisfied and if you keep living like this, you'll never be satisfied with anything since you've never worked to get anything. This applies to money and everything else in life.
jko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:31 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

Wow some of you guys are a little harsh. Berating a 16 year old kid? Big men.

Instead of knocking him down, why dont you guys try to form your posts to be more constructive instead of calling him gay, spoiled, rich, a brat, and whatever else.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:27 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to weaponx

I wouldnt mind if someone called me Rich! Oh wait that is my name. lol But I mean in the sense of having lots of money. Not a bad thing to be called if its true. lol
weaponx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #15
Tech Adept

I feel sorry for the teachers who have to work with most of the kids on this forum. Spelling and punctuation here are completely non existant! You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for the run on sentences here!
ApexPredator is offline   Reply With Quote